Metal Storm logo
Elvenking - New Album On The Way

Folk/Power Metal band Elvenking have announced that they will be entering the studio soon to start the production of their fourth album.
In November the band will enter Gernhart studios in Germany to start recording the drums, before returning to Italy and entering Sherpa studios to complete all the rest of the recording. Nino Laurenne of Sonic Pump studios will be in Italy to set some sounds together with the band and supervise the production. The album will be mastered by Mika Jussila at Finnvox.

The cover artwork will be done by Gyula Havancsak, who is the same artist that created the artwork for Elvenking's previous album 'The Winter Wake'. The lyrical theme hasn't been revealed as yet, but the band says that "it's gonna be the most challenging thing we've ever done lyrically". The band has said that the album is expected to be ready by March/April 2007 and it should be released around September next year. Further details about the album are said to be announced soon.

Here is a comment by Elvenking guitarist Aydan: "As usual our new album will be pretty different from all our previous works. It's something vital for us, we cannot copy ourselves, what we have done in the past is still there and we need to look ahead. The new material is simply thrilling us out, we can't wait to put it on cd!".

The last live gigs before starting the recordings are:

October 27th, Velvet Rock Club, Gias di Aviano (PN), Italy (+Tystnaden)
November 4th, Ragnarock festival, Perth, Scotland (w/ Gamma Ray, Doro, Dream Evil, ?)

Source: elvenking.net
Band profile: Elvenking
Posted: 03.10.2006 by Raiden

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 2 users
04.10.2006 - 00:06
Daru Jericho
Good to hear. They get on it fast.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.10.2006 - 00:16
Skald
Account deleted
Wow, didn't see that coming. I hope this rush won't be reflected in their sound, though.
04.10.2006 - 00:44
jadawal
folk metal at its greatest
04.10.2006 - 01:40
danzig111
Account deleted
It's thrilling me out too. Wow this is good to hear
04.10.2006 - 11:08
Eight
Shapeshifter
This day is getting better and better! Wohoo!
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
04.10.2006 - 13:06
Sanvean
WOW... I can't wait! The best folk metal ever...
----
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo
04.10.2006 - 21:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
This is the best news to day
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.12.2006 - 01:27
oh i cant wait
----