Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 11.11.2013 at 15:10

Nice, didn't know you got this

I bought it second-hand, practically for peanuts. A bit battered but works fine
15.11.2013 - 01:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Ibanez Rg321 through a Danelctro vibrato, to a behringer UD100, to a Boss DD-3, to a EHX Cathedral and finally to a Transamp b40 bass amp.

(Ernie Ball Volume Jr. EHX Compressor, Boss Super Chorus and Line 6 Looper on the way)
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.11.2013 - 20:15
Neroese
Account deleted
POD UX1 as Interface for Computer
Roland Cube 15 as amp
Schecter Omen 6 (old version)
27.11.2013 - 21:07
DyingWorld

Ibanez RG Series for tunings lower than standard
Fender Telecaster for standard
Randall RX120 head/RX412 half stack
Line 6 Spider III

Hoping to get a new pedal soon.
04.12.2013 - 02:29
Mattybu

Written by DyingWorld on 27.11.2013 at 21:07

I had a Telecaster for a while and an Ibanez X series now. I like my X series more but the Telecaster was surprisingly nice to play. I imagine the RG is pretty nice as well.
04.12.2013 - 05:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Mattybu on 04.12.2013 at 02:29

I had a Telecaster for a while and an Ibanez X series now. I like my X series more but the Telecaster was surprisingly nice to play. I imagine the RG is pretty nice as well.

I played a buddies 04 American telecaster and I was blown away. Definitely my next purchase. The neck was butter in my hands. Not that i don't enjoy the Ibanez Wizard's thinness, but it gets uncomfortable when play more rhythm oriented powerchord stuff.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.12.2013 - 08:24
DyingWorld

Written by Mattybu on 04.12.2013 at 02:29

I can't say I've ever played the X series before but they look like nice guitars. I love playing more traditional metal and rock with the Telecaster, it's perfect for that kinda stuff. The RG has a nice feel to it too but I had mine worked on for thicker strings.
04.12.2013 - 19:39
Mattybu

@Willy: the thin neck is part of what I like about my X series. The Telecaster is actually good that way too but since I'm so used to my Ibanez if I play like a Les Paul or something it just feels weird. I don't have anywhere near enough money to consider buying another guitar at the moment so luckily my X series I've had maybe 3 or 4 years is still a great guitar for me.

@Dyingworld: I have the lower end model in black, there is a higher end black one and a chameleon one and they are about twice as expensive, last time I checked. However I have loved it ever since I got it. Surprisingly light and comfortable to hold as well, considering how it looks. The case is enormous though to compensate for the shape
28.12.2013 - 14:37
Vombatus
Potorro
- Fender Squier Bullet Strat. Missing one string and the whammy bar since forever, but too lazy to change it.
- Stix sb01 Bass.
- Coron hm520 pedal.
- Yamaha vss200 keyboard
- Biese Vertical Piano from 1868... Been over a decade buried by time and dust in the garage, full of humidity, works horrible and certainly not tuned (about a third of the notes are broken). Still made a good usage of it in one of the EPs...
Don't care much of gear, as I try to use broken/bad shaped instruments for tr00 nekro kvlt sound. All was in the storage room even before I was interested in metal anyway (except the keyboard).
28.12.2013 - 19:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
New pedal board.

Ernie Ball Vp jr > EHX Cathedral > Behringer UD100 > Boss Compressor > EHX Overdrive > Danelctro Vibrato (take this out sometimes) > Bass Amp
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.12.2013 - 13:10
moe5512

I was thinking of buying a new audio interface, what do you think of the Focusrite Saffire pro 24 http://www.thomann.de/fi/focusrite_saffire_pro_24_dsp.htm
Plus an amp mic, the Shure sm57 http://www.thomann.de/gb/shure_sm57_lc.htm
06.02.2014 - 20:19
Infernal Eternal

Recently, after about 2 years of saving money, I finally got my Tama Superstar Hyperdrive cherry finish. Kept the cymbals, sold the bass.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
08.02.2014 - 21:31
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Guest on 15.11.2013 at 20:15

Once I had this guitar in my hands. At this price it is a very good equipment. I guess this is only one guitar comparable to Cort Katana KX5 in this price (well, maybe Washburn XM STD2 may compete with). If you like to sell it someday at a good price, let me know
08.02.2014 - 22:02
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by Góral on 08.02.2014 at 21:31

Written by Guest on 15.11.2013 at 20:15

Once I had this guitar in my hands. At this price it is a very good equipment. I guess this is only one guitar comparable to Cort Katana KX5 in this price (well, maybe Washburn XM STD2 may compete with). If you like to sell it someday at a good price, let me know

Naah, I don't wanna sell it:P And yes - it's amazing guitar for it's price, same with Cort Katana.
12.02.2014 - 02:20
Doge of Venice

My equipment:

• Ibanez GSA 60-BS (Brown Sunburst): I got it fairly cheap, and I wanted to get it to muck around with hardware. Haven't had the funds to do so, though. Plus, I use it for tunings other than standard E.
  • Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR (Black Cherry): My baby. I'm nowhere near good enough to be playing such a guitar, though...
  • Peavey Vypyr 75 Amplifier: I don't play in a band, so I have just tended to stick to combos for cost effectiveness. This one also allows me fancy effects without pedals...
12.02.2014 - 03:46
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Doge of Venice on 12.02.2014 at 02:20

My equipment:

• Ibanez GSA 60-BS (Brown Sunburst): I got it fairly cheap, and I wanted to get it to muck around with hardware. Haven't had the funds to do so, though. Plus, I use it for tunings other than standard E.
  • Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR (Black Cherry): My baby. I'm nowhere near good enough to be playing such a guitar, though...
  • Peavey Vypyr 75 Amplifier: I don't play in a band, so I have just tended to stick to combos for cost effectiveness. This one also allows me fancy effects without pedals...

Nice!

I've never liked
Schecter's necks, and they're harder to find here in north America.

As for built in effects, I'm not a fan. Nothing makes me quite as happy as seeing the LED's from my pedals light up when I turn the lights off
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.02.2014 - 18:20
Doge of Venice

Written by Boxcar Willy on 12.02.2014 at 03:46

My equipment:

Nice!

I've never liked
Schecter's necks, and they're harder to find here in north America.

As for built in effects, I'm not a fan. Nothing makes me quite as happy as seeing the LED's from my pedals light up when I turn the lights off

From what I've gathered from mine and others I've tested (read: looked at in a shop and felt) the necks are quite thick. Mine isn't a bolt on, though. Also, the body is mahogany and it's a beast. I would argue it would weigh half as much more than the Ibanez does (not sure how well this sentence works, meh). Has a lovely weighty, solid feel. Also, Schecter harder to find in NA? I got mine from Drum City Guitar Land cause it was cheaper to ship it than to buy it over here.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either. It's cost effective for me, currently, and there is practically no hassle. Has 12, I think, presets that I can save to, which is decent, but not great. Plus, when you don't have a guitar lead in, you get a nice little light show. :3
15.02.2014 - 19:10
Góral
Combo Breaker

• Peavey Vypyr 75 Amplifier: I don't play in a band, so I have just tended to stick to combos for cost effectiveness.

• 12' Blue Marvel 75W - with a band or not, I think you can play successfully a small concert with this. I don't know your model but the "Vypyr VIP 2" and combination of Fender Twin, delay and reverb - it was something absolutely stunning.
    01.03.2014 - 22:59
    Góral
    Combo Breaker
    I have a question for users. Do any of you have any experience with this combo? Thomann sample sounds good. 65 watts and 12 "Celestion speaker looks very promising. 2 channel, reverb, footswitch-input, external speaker/headphone output - in a word - everything you need to play at home and on a small tryout. I wonder how is it possible for this price and is it really worth it?
    02.03.2014 - 01:45
    Vombatus
    Potorro
    I have close to 0 knowledge about equipment, but that does look very cheap for what it is.
    14.03.2014 - 00:54
    Boxcar Willy
    yr a kook
    Looks cheap in quality. I dislike combo amps myself, and i feel the extra money spent on a quality tube amp is definitely worth it.
    ----
    I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
    15.03.2014 - 13:21
    moe5512

Written by Góral on 01.03.2014 at 22:59

I have a question for users. Do any of you have any experience with this combo? Thomann sample sounds good. 65 watts and 12 "Celestion speaker looks very promising. 2 channel, reverb, footswitch-input, external speaker/headphone output - in a word - everything you need to play at home and on a small tryout. I wonder how is it possible for this price and is it really worth it?

Doesn't Thomann have the same sample for every guitar and amp? Okay my advice is to never buy anything of Harley Benton not even if your economics are as poor as their quality.
    If you are going to buy a cheap solid state amp for home usage (or even band rehearsal) you should buy a Roland cube or Line 6. Line 6 have quite good Metal sounds on it, but too plastic if you compare to a tube amp.

Ps. Don't have too much expierence with Marshall amps but I can imagine that their cheaper ones could be quite good?
    17.03.2014 - 18:07
    Góral
    Combo Breaker
    Written by moe5512 on 15.03.2014 at 13:21

Okay my advice is to never buy anything of Harley Benton not even if your economics are as poor as their quality.
    If you are going to buy a cheap solid state amp for home usage (or even band rehearsal) you should buy a Roland cube or Line 6. Line 6 have quite good Metal sounds on it, but too plastic if you compare to a tube amp.

Ps. Don't have too much expierence with Marshall amps but I can imagine that their cheaper ones could be quite good?

Thx for suggestions. As regards the Line 6 - I tried with this amps, and I don't like them. Too "digital" sound as for me. A lot of built-in "special effects", but for me it's totally unnecessary - I usually use external effects. I don't know how it is with other models, but I remember "Spider IV 30" and his reverb - very tinny and pretty poor sounding. Clean wasn't the best too. 12" speaker is ok, with 30W is relatively not much, though.

As for Roland, I was thinking about CUBE 40GX, but it is a higher price range. At this price I prefer definitely something from Peavey (Vypyr VIP 2 you can get at similar price).

Cheap Marshall amps.. uff, worth paying, but only for the logo

But tell me, why do you have a such negative attitude towards Hrley Benton? Do you have any bad experiences with their products?
    17.03.2014 - 18:07
    Góral
    Combo Breaker
    Written by moe5512 on 15.03.2014 at 13:21

Doesn't Thomann have the same sample for every guitar and amp?

No, definitely not the same
    21.03.2014 - 21:28
    moe5512

Written by Góral on 17.03.2014 at 18:07

But tell me, why do you have a such negative attitude towards Hrley Benton? Do you have any bad experiences with their products?

Yes. Poor, guitars, poor basses and I can imagine that their amps are bad too (note that I have'nt tried them that much, so don't take my advice too seriously). But for their instruments, they don't hold the tune, bad sound etc
    19.06.2014 - 11:43
    Andro Maximus
    Account deleted
    I have a cheap Yamah electro-acoustic guitar and PRS Mikael Akerfeldt signature electric guitar. However, I create all of my songs using Anvil Studio (laugh it up, I know you want to ) and then convert them with Solmire. It sucks, but I don't have the money for more expensive programs, synths etc. yet. So I just write down all of my ideas in the hope that one day I will be able to record them properly and release an actual album.
    14.09.2014 - 10:58
    Fallen Ghost
    Craft Beer Geek
    Guitars:

Ibanez RG 321 MH (my first electric, doesn't work that well now)
    Ibanez RG 1570 Prestige (drop D tuning)
    ESP Horizon FR II (drop c)
    Ibanez (S model?) from the 90's somewhere, the guitar the prestige is based upon I believe

Cort and Morgan acoustic (cheap stuffs)

Sound:

Line 6 Spider III (or something, not using it)
    Roland Cube 30 (cool for practicing)
    Pro Tools LE 8 software with Digidesign Mbox 2 mini soundcard
    Axe Fx Standard (using to record stuffs)
    KRK Rokit 6 monitors
    AKG headphones
    Se Electronics condenser microphone
    Ez drummer plugin
    Cables (duh)

Got a Cry Baby wah wah as well, haven't used that pedal in ages