Disc III [limited boxset/jewel case edition bonus]
Instrumental demo tracks:
01. Intrauterin
02. Bliss
03. You Feel Like Memories
04. Eribo - I Collect The Stars
05. White Miasma

Additional info
Recorded in Homebase Studios in July 2010 by Conny Schattka, iheartsound, Bielefeld.
Music and lyrics by Herbst.
Produced by mk for Lupus Lounge Records.
Pictures by Herbst.
Artwork by Robert Jahns.

Guest review by
Slayer666
Rating:
Neige strikes again. Yes, the bloke from Alcest who apparently believes it's his sworn duty to make sure as many bands possible are working together towards achieving his vision (a perfect shoegaze/post-rock black metal album perchance?), is here too, but only handling the vocal duties and not contributing to the songwriting itself. If you expected Écailles De Lune number 2, you might be slightly disappointed.

Read more ››
published 30.01.2012 | Comments (6)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 60   Visited by: 350 users
21.11.2011 - 00:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Point taken.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.11.2011 - 00:35
Rating: 7
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 00:29

Sometimes I feel like you have a neurotic sense of musical taste. Not liking an album due to language barrier, but only like one part of an album because you understand it. Seems rather odd to me. I mean, I love Shining, but I have no idea what Kvarforth is saying without Google translate.

Well, actually, I do Lyrics are very important to me, so listening to an album without knowing what it says... it can be frustrating, yes... But when it's a language I really dislike, I roll my eyes at it. It's not the only reason why I tend to dislike it though, but I'm in a state of emotional distress so I can't phrase myself
I'll probably give a listen to this though, and most of the other post/shoegaze stuff I've missed, I know there's an act out there which I'll totally dig.
----
7.0 means the album is good
21.11.2011 - 00:47
Slayer666

Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 00:35

Really, I do Lyrics are very important to me, so listening to an album without knowing what it says... it can be frustrating, yes... But when it's a language I really dislike, I roll my eyes at it. It's not the only reason why I tend to dislike it though, but I'm in a state of emotional distress so I can't phrase myself
I'll probably give a listen to this though, and most of the other post/shoegaze stuff I've missed, I know there's an act out there which I'll totally dig.

Mora, you need to start listening to stuff where the lyrics are screamed/shrieked/growled/farted to the point of being incomprehensible. That automatically removes the language barrier problem, because it won't matter if the lyrics are in French, English, Serbian or Orcish: you still won't understand anything.

And I found it quite odd that you don't like Alcest. I figured if there is one band that can get people into the whole blackgaze thing, it would be them/him.
21.11.2011 - 00:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2011 at 00:47
Mora, you need to start listening to stuff where the lyrics are screamed/shrieked/growled/farted to the point of being incomprehensible

Indeed.

If you listen to enough of this, you'll appreciate human vocals again, regardless of language.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.11.2011 - 00:58
Slayer666

Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 00:56

If you listen to enough of this, you'll appreciate human vocals again, regardless of language.

Actually, the lyrics are pretty audible here.
It's quite clear he's saying: "BLEEERG, BLEEEERGH, OOH-GOOH OOOH, GEEEH, BLEEEERGH OOGH" et cetera.
21.11.2011 - 01:00
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2011 at 00:47

Mora, you need to start listening to stuff where the lyrics are screamed/shrieked/growled/farted to the point of being incomprehensible. That automatically removes the language barrier problem, because it won't matter if the lyrics are in French, English, Serbian or Orcish: you still won't understand anything.

And I found it quite odd that you don't like Alcest. I figured if there is one band that can get people into the whole blackgaze thing, it would be them/him.

I look up shrieked lyrics as well - I look up all lyrics actually, since I can't understand ANYTHING when sung for the first time... your argument is invalid.

I tend to dislike stuff most people like, so it's not much of a surprise. Dunno, it has a lot of beautiful melodies, and Neige has a very nice voice, but I tended to predict every vocal-line, plus the French thing, plus the overall softness which I'm not used to, plus the almost completely identical (at least to my untrained ears) black metal sequences just when I get used to the softness... I liked Les Discrets better, but it wasn't really catchy or inviting and unravelling.
----
21.11.2011 - 01:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2011 at 00:58
It's quite clear he's saying: "BLEEERG, BLEEEERGH, OOH-GOOH OOOH, GEEEH, BLEEEERGH OOGH" et cetera.

Reminds me of Torsofuck.

But I digress. This is getting to be completely off-topic.

Mora, if you don't like Lantlos, Alcest, Les Discrets, et al you probably won't ever get into the shoegaze/black metal movement.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.11.2011 - 01:03
Slayer666

Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 01:00

I tend to dislike stuff most people like, so it's not much of a surprise. Dunno, it has a lot of beautiful melodies, and Neige has a very nice voice, but I tended to predict every vocal-line, plus the French thing, plus the overall softness which I'm not used to, plus the almost completely identical (at least to my untrained ears) black metal sequences just when I get used to the softness... I liked Les Discrets better, but it wasn't really catchy or inviting and unravelling.

If that's the case, then it is my unpleasant duty to inform you that your ears have been tainted by prog far too much. I am sorry.
21.11.2011 - 01:08
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2011 at 01:03

If that's the case, then it is my unpleasant duty to inform you that your ears have been tainted by prog far too much. I am sorry.

You're right, I set my standards way too high

It's amazing how people figured out I've been mostly into prog, when most of stuff in my fave band lists borders on power metal, Finnish melancholies in various shapes and sizes and cheesy melodeath type of stuff. Are you stalking me or what?
----
21.11.2011 - 01:12
Slayer666

Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 01:08

You're right, I set my standards way too high

It's amazing how people figured out I've been mostly into prog, when most of stuff in my fave band lists borders on power metal, Finnish melancholies in various shapes and sizes and cheesy melodeath type of stuff. Are you stalking me or what?

If you count one visit to your profile page where you wrote "proud of being a proghead before the age of 30" (or something along those lines) as stalking, then yeah, I've been stalking the shit out of you.

EDIT: I could have sworn this was a thread about something else, though...
21.11.2011 - 01:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Are you stalking me or what?

Based on your reviews and comments, it's easy to figure out your musical tastes. Just look at the babes of prog discussion for proof.
----
21.11.2011 - 01:16
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2011 at 01:12

If you count one visit to your profile page where you wrote "proud of being a proghead before the age of 30" (or something along those lines) as stalking, then yeah, I've been stalking the shit out of you.

That was kind of ironic, since I still have to hear a lot more music before I consider myself a proghead... I've heard maybe half of the good shit around, many more still to come.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 01:12

Are you stalking me or what?

Based on your reviews and comments, it's easy to figure out your musical tastes. Just look at the babes of prog discussion for proof.

Oh, but that was only recent Not that it's not correct, the genre pretty much satisfies all my needs currently, it's pretty much half prog and half -every other melodic type of metal now for me... just didn't think I was such an obvious fangirl from the start.
----
21.11.2011 - 09:26
Milena
gloom cookie
Anyway, Mora listened to this for almost the whole night and liked it a lot. It's really well-balanced and kinda spooky... the first track reminded me of a poetry reading competition where it's mandatory to growl verses and accompany it with freaky guitar. And my god, Neige's growls are so awesome here.
----
21.11.2011 - 09:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 09:26
It's really well-balanced and kinda spooky... the first track reminded me of a poetry reading competition where it's mandatory to growl verses and accompany it with freaky guitar.

I'm honestly surprised to hear anyone say this is freaky or spooky. I've always felt a sense of ease around Lantlos, especially this album. Something I can fall asleep to - in a good way.
----
21.11.2011 - 10:13
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 09:35

I'm honestly surprised to hear anyone say this is freaky or spooky. I've always felt a sense of ease around Lantlos, especially this album. Something I can fall asleep to - in a good way.

I was quite shaken by some other things last night, so maybe it appeared as such to me but it's pretty fine.
----
24.11.2011 - 01:43
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 09:26

Anyway, Mora listened to this for almost the whole night and liked it a lot. It's really well-balanced and kinda spooky... the first track reminded me of a poetry reading competition where it's mandatory to growl verses and accompany it with freaky guitar. And my god, Neige's growls are so awesome here.

So is this anything like Alcest or not?
----
rekt
24.11.2011 - 02:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by tea[m]ster on 24.11.2011 at 01:43
So is this anything like Alcest or not?

Aside from the ethereal elements, I wouldn't say so. The lighter atmospheres have some similarities and they both mix black metal with non-metal (Alcest being shoegaze, Lantlos being post-rock) but on the whole Agape is a much less "fantasy" inspired album. Alcest is better for a dreamy kind of vibe whereas Lantlos achieves a more practical sort of relaxation. Either way I think both bands are amazing.
----
24.11.2011 - 10:06
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.11.2011 at 02:11

[Alcest is better for a dreamy kind of vibe whereas Lantlos achieves a more practical sort of relaxation.

I figured that out on my first listen I like Lantlos better, it's more cohesive.
----
27.11.2011 - 22:24
Morteza K.

I really liked this one.
03.01.2012 - 03:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Milena on 24.11.2011 at 10:06
I like Lantlos better, it's more cohesive.

Disagree, to me it seems at times that Lantlôs is quite unfocused and quite monotonous (which says a lot considering that this genre isn't really winning for originality these days).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2012 - 03:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'm a big fan of both bands... but saying one or the other is more monotonous or more unfocused doesn't make sense. They're almost identical in their approach.
----
25.01.2012 - 01:34
Rating: 5
Kuroboshi

This is a great failure... I adored both of their previous albums, but the approach on this one just doesn't fit with their music. It's very monotonous.
25.01.2012 - 03:16
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Kuroboshi on 25.01.2012 at 01:34

It's very monotonous.

This is what makes it so special for some of us you'll either like it or you'll hate it
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
26.01.2012 - 02:28
Rating: 5
Kuroboshi

Quote:
Quote:

This is what makes it so special for some of us you'll either like it or you'll hate it

It's not that don't I like minimalistic or monotonous music. Usually I love it, like Svart or the whole sludge post movement. It's just that Lantlos doesn't suceed at it.
11.02.2012 - 15:00
Draugen

The relaxing sections, Niege's vocals and the songwriting of this release is in my opinion what makes it worthwhile. It is such a shame that the album is over so quickly which left me in a bittersweet state, yearning for more.
13.03.2012 - 14:17
Rating: 10
cavid.guliyev

One of 2011's best albums, i think.. they make so extraordinary and emotional sound. i made a video dedicated to the song "White Miasma":

P.S. i have limited boxed set edition of album
25.03.2012 - 19:15
Rating: 6
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Major disappointment for me
25.03.2012 - 19:47
Kenos
Account deleted
Never leave me.
25.03.2012 - 22:57
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.11.2011 at 02:11

Aside from the ethereal elements, I wouldn't say so.

I have been chugging this down lately. I don't see the post-rock, maybe post-metal. The guitars are soooo much more dense than anything post-rock.
----
rekt
09.09.2014 - 18:27
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Quite a nice album. I like it a bit less than the first two, but still it sounds like a fair balance of black metal, shoegaze and post-rock elements.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"

Hits total: 12529 | This month: 23