01. Bloodletting
02. The Subtle Arts Of Murder And Persuasion
03. 11th Hour
04. Black Label [live]
05. Laid To Rest [demo]

Staff review by
Deadsoulman
Rating:
I am really glad I didn't review this album one week ago, because I would have said something like 'this album is a terrible disappointment, it has nothing special, everything that made As The Palaces Burn so great has vanished...'. It is not my opinion anymore. Actually the mistake I was about to make would have been to not give more time to this new release. Fact is that Ashes Of The Wake, just like As The Palaces Burn last year, is a grower. You may not find it great or something at first, but you keep coming back to it until you realize that yes, indeed, it's an ass-kicker.

Read more ››
published 18.10.2004 | Comments (25)

Guest review by
thev_manutop
Rating:
Well, if there was a poll for Lamb Of God's magnum opus or defining work, I'm pretty sure it would yield this. Ashes Of The wake is not only an outstanding thrash/groove metal album but also one that every metal fan must "die for." From start to finish, it imposes the power of their previous works as on New American Gospel and As The Palaces Burn and the depth of Sacrament making it an epic listen. This is the one album which has it all.

Read more ››
published 17.07.2011 | Comments (4)

Found in 44 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 34   Visited by: 1279 users
16.03.2021 - 13:13
Rating: 10
Mehrad

Written by Guest on 11.11.2012 at 18:30

When you like PANTERA and Metalcore you´ll also like this album

I Don't like either but this album is one of the all time best .... other LoG albums I don't like that much
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
08.05.2021 - 18:59
Rating: 9
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by nonZero on 27.01.2021 at 13:25

Easily their crowning achievement. They've been unable to match or top this ever since.

Agreed. This is definitely their "lightning in a bottle" album, while others either sound like diluted versions of the material here or deviate too far from the hooks and groove that made this the success it is.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.04.2022 - 14:35
Rating: 7
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
First time listening to Lamb of God - I really like it! The riffing is super catchy! It reminds me of a mix between Gojira and Pantera
11.01.2024 - 22:15
Rating: 8
musclassia

The ending of Omerta is my favourite thing this band has done; that fucking rolling groove at the end is Domination-tier in terms of groove metal song endings.

Hits total: 23091 | This month: 43