2003 --- Powerful, Brutal lyrics.
3. Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
1999 --- Anything else to say?
4. Dream Theater - Images And Words
1992 --- Epic.
5. Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
2002 --- A masterpiece.
6. Dream Theater - Octavarium
2005 --- First album I get from them, I fall in love instantly.
7. Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
2009 --- Emotional since is the last with MP.
8. Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
2007 --- Great guitar performance.
9. Dream Theater - When Dream And Day Unite
1989 --- It's A Jam fellas.
10. Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
1997 --- Awesome inside-peacemaker album.
11. Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons
1995 -- So low just because it's not an album perse.
12. Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events
2011 --- First album that didn't make the magic on me.

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Quinaitor ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 18   Visited by: 79 users
28.09.2011 - 15:52
Milena
gloom cookie
'2011 --- First album that didn't make the magic on me.'
Here as well, buddy :/
----
7.0 means the album is good
29.09.2011 - 13:34
skeletorissatan

Dramatic Turn Of Events is a really good album to be fair.
29.09.2011 - 18:50
Quinaitor

Written by skeletorissatan on 29.09.2011 at 13:34

Dramatic Turn Of Events is a really good album to be fair.

I did not say that the album is bad, it's just not an FREAKING AWESOME BLOWING MIND album like DT usually does.
----
Metal is flowing through my veins...
29.09.2011 - 19:56
Yavanna

About A dramatic turn of Events being the "First album that didn't make the magic on me." Totally agreed... Couldn't say any better
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
30.09.2011 - 15:50
skeletorissatan

Nah, DTOE is better than half of the DT back catalogue. Sure, theyre all good, but DTOE is probz my second favourite
01.10.2011 - 00:17
Quinaitor

Written by skeletorissatan on 30.09.2011 at 15:50

Nah, DTOE is better than half of the DT back catalogue. Sure, theyre all good, but DTOE is probz my second favourite

Well, then you don't like Dream Theater dude, or at least not the Mike Portnoy Dream Theater, wich was the best, now is a band with the same name but controlled musically by Petrucci, because Rudess and Myung only make little touches into the songs, (Rudess is making an overwhelming pressence on this album wich came really uncomfortable) but the 80% of the songs are made by Petrucci. I don't see how ADTOE could be the second on the list having M2SFAM and BCASL itself, but well, this is the list I made, being a heavy DT fan throughout the years, I still liked the album, but it didn't feel magical, special, rare, like all the others did. Just saying, (and I'm having the support of 2 ladies here).
----
04.10.2011 - 14:46
skeletorissatan

Nah, to be honest, i really liked DTOE man.
04.10.2011 - 19:51
Quinaitor

Written by skeletorissatan on 04.10.2011 at 14:46

Nah, to be honest, i really liked DTOE man.

Ok dude I really think you did not get the point, we all liked the album, but we're not in love with it...
----
05.10.2011 - 13:04
skeletorissatan

Well IM in fucking love with it
06.10.2011 - 04:26
king_matt

I actually agree with just about this whole list.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
06.10.2011 - 04:48
Quinaitor

Written by king_matt on 06.10.2011 at 04:26

I actually agree with just about this whole list.

Well thanks =)... you can always thumbs up on this one XD.
----
16.02.2012 - 23:57
BuriedInOblivion

I would put DTOE over Falling Into Infinity, Systematic Choas, and When Day and Dream Unite.
17.02.2012 - 00:00
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I only agree to number 1 album.

I gotta make my own DT list
17.02.2012 - 00:09
Darkside Momo
Retired
Mine would differ a bit, for sure. ADTOE wouldn't be last, but third to last (Train Of Thought is a pathetic attempt at aggression, and Falling Into Infinity is their worst by far). I would have a hard time deciding which is the best between Images & Words, Awake, Metropolis 2 and Six Degrees, honestly...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
05.11.2012 - 22:00
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Dream Theater? Brutal? That's new...
06.11.2012 - 11:45
Vasil de Shumen

In my opinion, 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' must be number 11., and 'Images And Words' - number 1.
Also - 'When Dream And Day Unite' is too immersed, while 'Train Of Thought' is undeserved high.
10.03.2013 - 22:26
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Written by Quinaitor on 01.10.2011 at 00:17

Well, then you don't like Dream Theater dude, or at least not the Mike Portnoy Dream Theater, wich was the best, now is a band with the same name but controlled musically by Petrucci, because Rudess and Myung only make little touches into the songs, (Rudess is making an overwhelming pressence on this album wich came really uncomfortable) but the 80% of the songs are made by Petrucci. I don't see how ADTOE could be the second on the list having M2SFAM and BCASL itself, but well, this is the list I made, being a heavy DT fan throughout the years, I still liked the album, but it didn't feel magical, special, rare, like all the others did. Just saying, (and I'm having the support of 2 ladies here).

I find the excuses that Portnoy left the band a weird excuse to say ADTOE doesn't have that magical feel to it. Even with Portnoy in the band (in the state as he was just before he left the band) I doubt that the album would have been better. Portnoy saw that the band should take a break, but the others didn't want to. It's not without Portnoy that the album is is a little uninspired and bland, it because of the "Constant Motion" the band is in. Making a album, doing a tour, making a new album, touring etc... They need to have some time off and to get much more inspired. I also hate the fact that Mangini's work isn't his own, but just some samples that Petrucci made (with some minor changes by Mangini)...And I agree about the fact that Rudess takes so much space in the album. I love his work, but he has to have a solo in every song. I liked his work on their earlier albums much more...
21.05.2013 - 22:39
Quinaitor

Written by Darth Mitchell on 10.03.2013 at 22:26

Written by Quinaitor on 01.10.2011 at 00:17

I find the excuses that Portnoy left the band a weird excuse to say ADTOE doesn't have that magical feel to it. Even with Portnoy in the band (in the state as he was just before he left the band) I doubt that the album would have been better. Portnoy saw that the band should take a break, but the others didn't want to. It's not without Portnoy that the album is is a little uninspired and bland, it because of the "Constant Motion" the band is in. Making a album, doing a tour, making a new album, touring etc... They need to have some time off and to get much more inspired. I also hate the fact that Mangini's work isn't his own, but just some samples that Petrucci made (with some minor changes by Mangini)...And I agree about the fact that Rudess takes so much space in the album. I love his work, but he has to have a solo in every song. I liked his work on their earlier albums much more...

Exactly, I don't have a problem with the keyboard solos, thing is that the keyboard is omnipresent through the whole album.
----

Hits total: 2651 | This month: 4