Metal Storm logo
Creating a Radio

06.10.2006 - 19:17
Bash'
:)
Hello friends,

I am creating a local (online) radio with my friend, and till now we are using a way that is a bit stupid..

in everytime as my IP is changing, then, the radio's boardcasting IP also changes as mine..!!
and the problem that it's illogical to give the listeners the new IP everytime i start to boardcast..!!

Help is needed friends..

thank you all
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
06.10.2006 - 19:25
Damnated
Churchburner
use a proxy server
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.10.2006 - 19:42
Bash'
Written by Damnated on 06.10.2006 at 19:25

use a proxy server

great man ..
but can you please help me more in this (if you have time) .. how this could happen??
thanks for your replay
----

06.10.2006 - 22:58
Damnated
Churchburner
I don't exacly know, how do you set up your radio station, so this might not even work. However, a proxy server uses an IP number (wich you can set) instead of yours to surf the net. so, whenever you need to give your IP, you can give the proxy's.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.10.2006 - 00:33
wrathchild
staff
I'm always lost when it comes to proxys, IPs, etc. but perhaps using No-IP could help. I think it does what Damnated said, providing a static address when launched.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.06.2007 - 06:20
selken
Irreligious
research about Windows 2003 streaming services, I worked with that in a project but i cannot remember...
----
19.06.2007 - 13:32
Bash'
Written by selken on 15.06.2007 at 06:20

research about Windows 2003 streaming services, I worked with that in a project but i cannot remember...

Thanks buddy .. but can I ask? is that way ready to let the radio work when I am not online? I mean to upload the tracks, and leave it playing .. ?

Thanks again for the reply
----

20.06.2007 - 02:47
selken
Irreligious
Written by Bash' on 19.06.2007 at 13:32

Thanks buddy .. but can I ask? is that way ready to let the radio work when I am not online? I mean to upload the tracks, and leave it playing .. ?

Thanks again for the reply

I guess so, but I think you must get a domain name from your Internet Service Provider, so, regardless of your IP adress, your clients can stream from any IP you recieve. I don't know about your ISP, but in my country, if you get a router, you'll have a dynamic IP. if you have a coaxial cable/modem your IP will be static instead.

That's for a user who connects through Internet, but if the users are in a LAN is much easier, you just need to enable DHCP/DNS on your Linux/Windows server and configure the termintal to "Get an IP Address Automatically".

For further info, you can read about 70-501 Microsoft certification exam (search for a torrent or something), there's a chapter about streaming services. I cannot give you a copy because I recieve a Volume License copy wich is registered to the company I "work" for.
----
20.06.2007 - 13:13
Bash'
Thanks for your great post friend .. I'll look forward having a domain from my ISP ..

Thanks alot again
----

12.05.2011 - 17:12
Hello to everybody! Internet radio only with the music we love...now playing on
http://6stringsradio.blogspot.com/ !!!
All genres of Rock and Metal are playing!
Come my fanatics...:beer: