Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - New Video Posted Online

Cradle Of Filth's video for the song 'Temptation' has been posted online in the following formats: Windows Media and Quicktime. The track comes off the British extreme metallers' seventh album, "Thornography", due on October 17 through Roadrunner Records.

As previously reported, a brand new Cradle Of Filth track, entitled 'Foetus Of A New Day Kicking', has been posted online at this location. An e-card for "Thornography" can be accessed here. Another full-length track from the CD, entitled 'Dirge Inferno', is available for streaming at this location.

The follow-up to 2004's "Nymphetamine", "Thornography" was recorded at Lincolnshire, England's Chapel studios with producer Rob Caggiano (Bleeding Through, Anthrax) and was mixed at Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, England by Andy Sneap (Machine Head, Skinlab, Nevermore). The narraration for "Thornography" was once again laid down by Doug Bradley (a.k.a. "Hellraiser"'s chief Cenobite, Pinhead), who has previously worked with the group on 'Her Ghost In The Fog' and 'Swansong For A Raven'.

Speaking to MTV.com about the new CD, Cradle Of Filth frontman Dani "Filth" Davey said, "'Thornography' implies a self-hurt. Mankind's will to hurt God. It's like being an alcoholic and knowing you're not supposed to drink but you enjoy it so much so you do it anyway. Everything on the record has got a religious edge to it in a good or bad way. And it's not overtly satanic because sometimes you find that the darker stuff in life exists within the people who wield the power, who are supposedly in the light."

Source: metal-temple.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 07.10.2006 by lupas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 4 users
07.10.2006 - 17:49
Eight
Shapeshifter
The video page dosent work
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
07.10.2006 - 18:31
NoRb3
Account deleted
This video is like a mix of Her Ghost In The Fog and Nymphetamine, not bad at all.
07.10.2006 - 19:04
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Eight on 07.10.2006 at 17:49

The video page dosent work

Yes indeed, but the problem is located at the media.roadrunnerworld.com server and has nothing to do with the given links.

Anyway, I hope I can make up for the screwed up video-links by giving you all the entire COF Download 2006 festival performance from early June at Donington Park, Leicestershire, England. The video footage has been posted onine at DownloadFestival.tv here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.10.2006 - 01:35
GODlike ?

I've found it in youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s5RvvTnIGk
08.10.2006 - 06:53
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well, this is a cover song so I can't judge the songwriting itself, but this version - and the video itself - are rather boring. Predictable almost. Not that I dislike it, I just really have no urge to watch or listen again anytime soon.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
08.10.2006 - 18:27
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
The video is good, the song... well... it's a cover... but it's not bad at all. I thought that Cradle Of Filth made the video of "Dirge Inferno", I'm quite caught off guard. I think that this song isn't suitable for a Cradle video.
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
19.10.2006 - 04:50
Princ_Of_Horror

hmm..who is that singing with Dani? Sarah..haha
It's not a bad song the video is good..Im gonna buy the album today so let's hope its a good one!:)
21.10.2006 - 16:43
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
The female singer in this song is a guest, Dirty Harry...
She has a good voice in my opinion!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
21.10.2006 - 18:01
Baz Anderson

highlight of the album!!
i like this cover because i know the original - and its is just weird and different to hear Cradle Of Filth cover it
21.10.2006 - 19:05
Basso
Account deleted
This song was absolutly horrible. Yuuuck......

Hits total: 5112 | This month: 4