Metal Storm logo
Hour Of Penance - To Enter The Studio

Italian death metal band Hour Of Penance will enter Cellar Studio in Rome on October 16th, with producer Stefano Morabito, to record their Prosthetic Records debut, and fifth album overall.

Guitar player Giulio Moschini commented: "Following the tradition of releasing an album every two years, the time has come now and we're ready to hit the studio and record our fifth album. You've probably read the same words million of times on the band's press releases so I will not tell you how much better this album sounds and how much faster and more technical it is compared to the last one we did, BUT - we're fucking proud of this upcoming beast and we're sure you guys will love it! We know how much our fans are expecting from the new album so we worked as hard as we can to not disappoint any of them. Moreover, as some of you know, this will be the first album with a new line up and as you can imagine having a new singer and a new drummer helped us to renew and improve our sound, once again.. this will be like the rebirth of Hour Of Penance, in a better shape of course!"

The band will be posting updates on their official Facebook page; "Like" the page now to keep up to speed!

The new album is the follow-up to last year's Paradogma (released on Unique Leader) and will see a release in early 2012. More details of the release will be announced in the coming weeks.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hour Of Penance
Posted: 12.10.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 51 users
12.10.2011 - 21:26
Absak

I hope the new vocalist isn't very different from Francesco Paoli. That was one of the key things about this band.
12.10.2011 - 21:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I've only listened to Aborym (of the other bands he's in) and he doesn't do vocals there, so I don't know what he sounds like. Chances are he's no Paoli but I doubt they'd bring someone in who didn't fit the sound.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.10.2011 - 21:55
Absak

My bigger concern now is that they don't try to sound ghey like their younger brother, Fleshgod Apocalypse now that their new candy-coated wank fest got so much praise. That would really be a slap to the face.
12.10.2011 - 22:33
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by Absak on 12.10.2011 at 21:55

My bigger concern now is that they don't try to sound ghey like their younger brother, Fleshgod Apocalypse now that their new candy-coated wank fest got so much praise. That would really be a slap to the face.

I didn't see anything about the addition of a keyboardist, so I doubt it.
12.10.2011 - 22:44
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.10.2011 at 21:29

I've only listened to Aborym (of the other bands he's in) and he doesn't do vocals there, so I don't know what he sounds like. Chances are he's no Paoli but I doubt they'd bring someone in who didn't fit the sound.

As long as they don't go Amoral on our asses, I'm satisfied.
12.10.2011 - 22:48
Tatras

Written by Absak on 12.10.2011 at 21:55

Well said. New Fleshgod Apocalypse is pathetic.
12.10.2011 - 22:54
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
To hear Paolo's vocals, listen to the song below.

13.10.2011 - 02:24
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 12.10.2011 at 22:54
To hear Paolo's vocals, listen to the song below.

Me no like.

He seems very...hoarse, weak... Especially for a band like HoP.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.10.2011 - 04:39
JCJen7

Which guys are the same from HoP and FA? Vocalist and drummer?
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
13.10.2011 - 04:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by JCJen7 on 13.10.2011 at 04:39
Which guys are the same from HoP and FA? Vocalist and drummer?

Francesco Paoli did vocals for HoP, also drums (and plays guitar and does some vocals) for Fleshgod.
----

Hits total: 2566 | This month: 7