Metal Storm logo
Iron Savior - New Album Details Revealed

German power metal band Iron Savior, recently signed to AFM Records, has unveiled the cover art for their upcoming album The Landing. The artwork was created by Felipe Machado Franco. The album is scheduled for release on November 18th, 2011.

The band is also streaming the new track "Heavy Metal Never Dies" at this location. More album details will be released soon.

The Landing tracklist and covert art:

01. Descending
02. The Savior
03. Starlight
04. March Of Doom
05. Heavy Metal Never Dies
06. Moment In Time
07. Hall Of The Heroes
08. R. U. Ready
09. Faster Than All
10. Before The Pain
11. No Guts No Glory

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Iron Savior
Posted: 14.10.2011 by Flower Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 86 users
14.10.2011 - 14:26
Baz Anderson

I am so so looking forward to this. Still love this band.
14.10.2011 - 14:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I see Felipe Machado Franco does a lot of power metal covers. I've been noticing that lately.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.10.2011 - 15:32
Rulatore

I like their firs album, but didnt hear anything after that one ( just the last one, which I dont like ), this song is cool, I'll check some other old stuff later
14.10.2011 - 15:49
Metal Invader

Good song..hope the rest will be better
14.10.2011 - 16:32
Baz Anderson

Written by Rulatore on 14.10.2011 at 15:32

I like their firs album, but didnt hear anything after that one ( just the last one, which I dont like ), this song is cool, I'll check some other old stuff later

Try "Dark Assault" and "Condition Red" - these are my favourite two I think...
14.10.2011 - 16:37
Mountain King
K i K o
Heavy Metal Never Dies kicks so much ass. What a great song, i never thought it would good because of it's title. And this is their best artwork till now...
14.10.2011 - 16:40
Rulatore

Written by Baz Anderson on 14.10.2011 at 16:32

Try "Dark Assault" and "Condition Red" - these are my favourite two I think...

I'll try them, Baz, dont really know why I stoped at their first album thanks for the tip
14.10.2011 - 17:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yay they're back! Love this band and Piet Sielck! xD
14.10.2011 - 20:04
Metal George

Awesome news! I thought they quit.
15.10.2011 - 05:07
RavenKing

Written by BloodTears on 14.10.2011 at 14:48

I see Felipe Machado Franco does a lot of power metal covers. I've been noticing that lately.

Indeed. And the fact he always uses the same colors (blue and orange) make a lot of album covers look kinda similar.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
15.10.2011 - 22:02
SMAX

Absolutely love this band. Hope this album sounds more like their old stuff and less like megatropolis though.
16.10.2011 - 16:58
RavenKing

The new song is way too soft and slow for this band. Generic and unimpressive.
And I hate 'Hail Metal' songs. It's not as awful as "To The Metal", however.
----
16.10.2011 - 17:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Most "hail metal" songs do suck, though "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)" by Helloween is an awesome song.
16.10.2011 - 18:26
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 17:52

Most "hail metal" songs do suck, though "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)" by Helloween is an awesome song.

I like this one. But, unlike most 'Hail Metal' songs that sound like standard Heavy Metal or verge on hard rock, this one is a real melodic Speed Metal song. "Heavy Metal Universe", by Gamma Ray, is not bad either, though I prefer by far "Heavy Metal Is The Law".
----
16.10.2011 - 18:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 18:26
I like this one. But, unlike most 'Hail Metal' songs that sound like standard Heavy Metal or verge on hard rock, this one is a real melodic Speed Metal song. "Heavy Metal Universe", by Gamma Ray, is not bad either, though I prefer by far "Heavy Metal Is The Law".

"Metal Invaders" from the same album ("Walls Of Jericho") is also a "hail metal" song, which is also amazing. Yep, "Heavy Metal Universe" is another good one, if not as good as those Helloween ones. Generally speaking, "hail metal" songs sound silly and cheesy unless they are great musically, which doesn't often happen. Kai Hansen has shown both the right and wrong ways to write songs about metal, with "To The Metal" being both boring and cheesy. The electrifying power of the early Helloween metal anthems negate any cheesiness in the lyrics as the music is so powerful... just my take on it I guess. lol
16.10.2011 - 19:45
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 18:44

"Metal Invaders" from the same album ("Walls Of Jericho") is also a "hail metal" song, which is also amazing. Yep, "Heavy Metal Universe" is another good one, if not as good as those Helloween ones. Generally speaking, "hail metal" songs sound silly and cheesy unless they are great musically, which doesn't often happen. Kai Hansen has shown both the right and wrong ways to write songs about metal, with "To The Metal" being both boring and cheesy. The electrifying power of the early Helloween metal anthems negate any cheesiness in the lyrics as the music is so powerful... just my take on it I guess. lol

"Metal Invaders" is a good song.
Yes, I think most 'Hail Metal' songs sound silly and cheesy, indeed.

Early Helloween is much more powerful musically than modern Powermetal. I don't consider this stuff as cheesy.
The difference is this kind of Powermetal, just like early Blind Guardian, was still deeply rooted in Speed Metal, unlike what people consider now as Powermetal (and that I often call cheesemetal or flowermetal).
If Powermetal was still kinda like "Walls Of Jericho", I would have much more respect for the genre.
----
16.10.2011 - 20:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 19:45

Early Helloween is much more powerful musically than modern Powermetal. I don't consider this stuff as cheesy.
The difference is this kind of Powermetal, just like early Blind Guardian, was still deeply rooted in Speed Metal, unlike what people consider now as Powermetal (and that I often call cheesemetal or flowermetal).
If Powermetal was still kinda like "Walls Of Jericho", I would have much more respect for the genre.

Well, the problem with "hail netal" type songs, is it instantly brings to mind stuff like Manowar, who are the epitome of awful cheesiness. I'd say that stuff like "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)" isn't really cheesy, because the music captures the power, essence, and aggression of metal, and so the lyrics just completely fit with the music and don't sound naff at all.

It is definitely possible to make good "metal anthems", Helloween and some others have done it right, but when it's of the Manowar type, that's when it's embaressingly cheesy, and ironically, not metal at all. At least not to me...
16.10.2011 - 20:32
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 20:16

Well, the problem with "hail netal" type songs, is it instantly brings to mind stuff like Manowar, who are the epitome of awful cheesiness.

It is definitely possible to make good "metal anthems", Helloween and some others have done it right, but when it's of the Manowar type, that's when it's embaressingly cheesy, and ironically, not metal at all. At least not to me...

Totally agreed on Manowar. It's pure awful cheese and embarrassing. And, like you say, not metal from my point of view.
Playing-wise, Manowar do not elevate themselves higher than at a hard rock level.

Manowar is a band I especially despise. I mean, Imo, bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden suck nowadays but at least they released worthy albums long ago. Manowar never released anything worthy.
----
17.10.2011 - 04:57
mikeprado30

Agreed totally. "Walls of Jericho" and "Imaginations From The Other Side" are the best PM albums ever released. Even though I love so much albums and songs from the genre (and the road that it took recently).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
17.10.2011 - 12:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Well Whiplash and Metal Militia by Metallica and Heavy Metal Maniac by Exciter and Metal COmmand are also sort of hail metal type songs and they are quite decent to be honest
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2011 - 13:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 12:34

Well Whiplash and Metal Militia by Metallica and Heavy Metal Maniac by Exciter and Metal COmmand are also sort of hail metal type songs and they are quite decent to be honest

"Whiplash" is actually a very good fun song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.10.2011 - 14:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious

"Whiplash" and "Metal Militia" are more than just "quite decent", if you ask me. I haven't heard the Exciter track, so I can't comment on that one...

Manowar type "hail metal" songs are awful, but quite a few bands have done great metal anthems. xD
17.10.2011 - 16:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.10.2011 at 14:45

"Whiplash" and "Metal Militia" are more than just "quite decent", if you ask me. I haven't heard the Exciter track, so I can't comment on that one...

Manowar type "hail metal" songs are awful, but quite a few bands have done great metal anthems. xD

I was using what is probably THE understatement of my posting career here on MS by calling those 4 songs "quite decent" especially Whiplash, Metal Militia and Metal Command are top notch and totally awesome
as for Manowar type hail metal songs... the less said, the better
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2011 - 20:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 16:10
I was using what is probably THE understatement of my posting career here on MS by calling those 4 songs "quite decent" especially Whiplash, Metal Militia and Metal Command are top notch and totally awesome
as for Manowar type hail metal songs... the less said, the better

100% agreed, hence why I replied in the way I did!

And yep, I'll say no more about that... hehee *zips mouth closed*
18.10.2011 - 01:10
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 16:10

Written by Angelic Storm on 17.10.2011 at 14:45

"Whiplash" and "Metal Militia" are more than just "quite decent", if you ask me.

I never liked Metallica, always found it quite overrated, but even a non-Metallica fan like me can admit that these songs are good.
----
21.10.2011 - 16:20
Baz Anderson

Hits total: 3530 | This month: 2