Metal Storm logo
What is Your Favorite song of Symphony X?

Poll

Songs

other
The Odyssey
The Divine Wings of Tragedy
The Accolade
Of Sins and Shadows
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Masquerade
Eyes of Medusa

Total votes: 108
08.10.2006 - 09:10
Kanon
Account deleted
well ,what is your favorite song of symphony x?? my favorite is Smoke & Mirrors, i love all symphony x albums, and i think they are one of the best bands forever
08.10.2006 - 12:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This shood be in metal arena man!

So I just vote for The Oddsey its my fav album of them, I like it its great and this song are to lonbg yeah 20min its great time for song, I love it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.10.2006 - 12:27
DeadElven
I don't have all of their albums, but from what I have I say that song Fallen is the one, this song is great! Other goods songs are Egypt and Communion And The Oracle. So I voted fot "other"
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
08.10.2006 - 12:58
wrathchild
Staff
Yes, this thread should be in the arena.
*moved*

Also, Kanon, it would be better if you could explain WHY Smoke & Mirrors is your favorite, what is there in this song that the others lack, etc.

As for me, I'm going with Of Sins And Shadows, simply because it's a normal song which represents everything Symphony X is about, from great riffs and solos to more epic moments, with vocal choirs. From the moment I heard that crazy intro riff I knew I would love the band (it was one of the first Symphony X song I ever listened to, along with The Edge Of Forever - another great song).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
08.10.2006 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@DeadElven - Me too, but I had hear a lot of them, dont know if all, but soem albums
@Wrat - Same I can say about ''The Oddysey'' There are all great ruffs, great vocals, and atmosfere, and 20 min its good, song take you in journey, well if song be 10 min its not sposible feell it, but 20 its great and also title are great, all album has based on greek myts and old ephos and poems.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2006 - 10:30
Kanon
Account deleted
hehe, sorry XD i vote for smoke & mirrors because is a really killer song,with a powerfull choruses, amazing riffs, nice super solos and a great performance of the band, my second favorite is The Oddisey a really magic song, with a beautiful intro, and amazings passages , and sorry but i dont have The V album
09.10.2006 - 13:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
In The Dragons Den is my favourite followed by Lady Of The Snow, Communion And The Oracle, and King Of Terrors. All 3 arnt in the list lol.
I love the catchy melodies from In The Dragons Den, and chorus. Lady Of The Snow and Communion And The Oracle are both great ballads, and King Of Terrors is a cool heavy Symphony X song i love.
10.10.2006 - 22:58
Kanon
Account deleted
lol ,sorry Dark i Only can put 9 songs in the poll XD, for me all symphony x songs are really goods commuion and the oracle is a very nice and special song, and damn King of Terrors is a great kick ass XD, pure heavy
17.10.2006 - 16:34
crazypumpkin
Account deleted
The Odyssey is my favorite song, actually best song ever Its just so fuckin amazing, all those parts and stuff...
and i like Of Sins and Shadows too, riffs are amazing. i and Smoke and Mirrors is my no.3 song of SymphX...
18.10.2006 - 19:03
MetalSpider
I really like every song on the poll, plus so many others by Symphony X...its really hard to vote for just one, but in the end I voted for The Odyssey. Awesome 24 min song! Divine Wings of Tragedy is also an excellent song. Damn...they're all very good
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
18.10.2006 - 23:28
Hellish Star
Written by Dark Cornatus on 09.10.2006 at 13:27

In The Dragons Den

same here
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
19.10.2006 - 00:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Out Of The Ashes is one of my favorites...Smoke and Mirrors blew me away and was a great introduction to Twilight In Olympus...anything off of V is my favorite song...hell, there are no favorite Symphony X songs for many fans because they write one graet progressive power metal tune right after another...
20.10.2006 - 06:12
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
somebody forgot about kings of terror what an amazing track... but my favorite is The Divine wings of tragedy , one of the most beautiful prog masterpieces ever done
----
Stay Metal !!!
18.11.2006 - 04:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I chose "Sea Of Lies" Because the lyrics slam, and the solo slams, and I saw it on Michael Rome's vodeo "The Guitar Chapter" and I said: "Oh my fuckin' god!"
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.12.2006 - 19:18
Lironos
Account deleted
This is a really tough call...
"The Odyssey" satnds alongside:
"Communion And The Oracle"
"Accolade II"
"Rediscovery" (segue) and "Rediscovery (Part II) - The New Mythology"
"Through The Looking Glass"
"The Divine Wings Of Tragedy"
"Egypt"
"A Winter's Dream - Prelude (Part I)"
"The Accolade"
"Sea Of Lies"
"Incantations Of The Apprentice"
This is sort of MY ORDER OF LIKES
03.12.2006 - 04:53
Bitch Boy
My favorite song is "Communion and the oracle". I like this kind of ballad, Russell's vocals, the solo and obviously the lyrics. But it isn't in the poll. Same with "Evolution" another great song from the V album. I was about to vote "other" but I decided to vote a song from the poll and it was "Smoke and mirrors", I love the whole song but that riff at the intro kicks ass.
11.01.2007 - 04:08
Gilardina
inferno(unleash the fire) and the turning(just gotta love the chorus):banger: and in general, all "the odyssey"
----
and remember, as much as it seems to be real, is all in your mind...
13.01.2007 - 04:34
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I think i like "Communion And The Oracle" best

boy if this was the days where you could rate threads this would not get good rating
13.01.2007 - 12:47
Judas
The Amputator
My favourite Symphony X song would have to be 'Through the Looking Glass' off 'Twilight in Olympus', just because it's such a Progressive masterpiece, with time changes, great solos, beautiful piano and an overall awesome feeling about it.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
13.01.2007 - 19:19
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I voted for The Odyssey. It's probably my favorite song over 20 minutes ever made. One of my friends said that they played the song on the stereo and The Simpsons was on t.v., so they turned the volume down on the t.v. and the song actually fit in some parts with the plot of the show.
14.01.2007 - 03:54
Q
Account deleted
I'd have to say that Sins & Shadows is my favorite. The beginning is extremely impressive, I love the crisp sound of the drums with the beautiful guitar work. Its everything good from Symphony X crammed into one song.
27.01.2007 - 00:14
Glabrezu
Evolution is my favourite song to play with drums.. It's not so simple! Jason is a God lol
I want their new cddddddddddddddddddddddddd :-(
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
27.01.2007 - 07:33
Manilla
Account deleted
I love the song Smoke and Mirrors also, it's a masterpiece. My favorite songs are The Accolade, The Accolade II, and Masquerade (the newer version). Can't WAIT for Paradise Lost!
23.02.2007 - 17:00
Raziel X
Here are my fav songs from each of SX albums:
Symphony X: no song
Damnation Game: The Edge Of Forever
Divine Wings...: hard to choose - maybe Candlelight Fantasia
Twilight...: Smoke And Mirrors, Through The Looking Glass
V:...: Evolution
Odyssey: even harder to choose than in DWoT - Inferno, Accolade II, Odyssey
26.02.2007 - 05:01
Danny Thomas
well to be honest the only one of their cd's iv'e heard is the V: The New Mythology Suite, and i only liked 1 song, fallen. it made think of someone splitting into two halves, evil and good. so yes i liekd the imagery, and the lyrics it hought were good, the rest of the album didn't do it for me. anyone recomend what i should listen to so i can have a different opinion of this band?
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
28.03.2007 - 23:43
Ultraraw
Account deleted
My favourite is "The Odyssey"
30.03.2007 - 23:07
Devong
Account deleted
inferno (unleash the fire)
31.03.2007 - 04:30
DarkMistress
The Oddisey is great but i prefer The Accolad, perhaps i knew them with this song
----
Wait in fire
01.04.2007 - 10:44
l33t_sas
Account deleted
I love all those songs, especially Sea of Lies but I chose other because my vote for top song has to go to Candlelight Fantasia.
01.04.2007 - 17:35
L..
The Divine Wings of Tragedy for me:dcool:
----
Viva aquele que se presta a esta ocupação
Salve o compositor popular
Salve o compositor popular.