Poll

Which album you think it's better?

St. Anger
Lulu

Total votes: 86
20.10.2011 - 00:10
JD
Account deleted
Please no comments like both albums sucks, and Metallica sucks etc.. If you don't like both albums just go away.

I really want to know the results of this poll, since these two albums are the least favorite Metallica's albums, for most of the people. For me I just listened to Lulu and I found it boring, there is some cool parts on the album like in the "Cheat On Me" song, but in general it's not as good as St. Anger which has some catchy riffs and some really good songs on it, my vote goes to St. Anger. So which album do you think it's a bit better?
20.10.2011 - 00:15
Void Eater
Account deleted
I tried to find some of the songs on Youtube, but they seem to all be removed or obviously fake. You got a link to any songs?

EDIT: http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php Here you go. The full album on the official website.

Not sure which one is better... I semi-sorta-quasia-kinda enjoy St. Anger, and Lulu was pretty interesting... Gonna need to listen to it more before I can make a good vote. One thing for sure is that Lou Reed is an awful vocalist.

Mk, listened to the whole thing, my vote goes for Lulu. It's got some interesting stuff in there and can see it growing on me in the future.

Also, on the topic of St. Anger-

20.10.2011 - 00:20
king_matt
Yeah, same with me. Link please?
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
20.10.2011 - 00:31
Hendrikse
Account deleted
With looking at previews of the songs ect., Im not really a fan of this kinda 'spoken word' vocals by louie. Kinda on the fence with this question anyway so Ill make me decision when the albums out.
20.10.2011 - 01:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
St. Anger's a fuckin 10 compared to Lulu.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.10.2011 - 02:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 01:49

Are you joking, or being serious?

I still haven't listened to Lulu yet...
20.10.2011 - 03:00
malaikat
I wanted to troll the board by saying that Lulu is far superior. But no one would believe me. Everyone will know I'm trolling. Everyone knows that no sane person, except for the troll, would like it.

It's that bad. It de-trolls the trolls.
20.10.2011 - 03:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
They even managed to beat Morbid Angel and The Browning and Design the Skyline in the total crappiness department this year,
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2011 - 04:22
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I don't think there is any use on comparing these albums...
But well, for me both records have the same amount of good n' bad stuff I think.

Summarizing the bad things:
St.Anger: Shitty production, unnecessarily long songs (they were not worth of it), no solos, nu-metalish esque sometimes.
Lulu: Lou just fucks up singing most of the time, some WTF melodies, intermissions that just don't work.

The good things:
St.Anger: The singles are pretty cool, some good riffs, the somewhat return of heavier stuff for Metallica after the bluesy era, Lars's drumming (joke)
Lulu: Sometimes Lou's speech sounds great over a heavy riff, some great melodies, nice lyrics and concept, a different listen overall.

I think I'm giving it to Lulu just for the "innovative" factor. Could have been awesome, but turned to be average.
20.10.2011 - 04:34
Garth Vader
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 01:49

Wow! So you are saying Lulu is a 0.42...
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me
20.10.2011 - 04:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Lulu is like a negative fucking 50. I was so pissed off with The Browning but this...this shouldn't even be called music. I don't want to write a whole paragraph about it because I don't want to waste my time talking about how fucking stupid any "musician" would have to be to make something this dreadful.

Jesus I think I just lost faith in music as a whole, let alone "metal".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.10.2011 - 04:50
king_matt
The View was the only decent song on Lulu, although it had terrible lyrics. St. Anger on the other hand I actually like, even when not comparing it to Lulu.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
20.10.2011 - 06:09
Fade To Black
I will not vote on this yet but, Lulu warrant's more then one listen before i judge it. St. Anger was a one trick pony. So Lulu has that going for it right now.

Just listened to it. Not metal at all and that will influence a lot of opinions on right off the bat. I like the aesthetic i went for and didn't quite achieve, Because of that the battle between Metallica fan-boys, general metal heads and "open minded" douchbags may make this the my polarising album of the year. As for the question it kicks St.Anger's ass. While I'm at it it kicks 'Load's and 'Reload's asses to. I'd say the quality of this is on par with 'death magnetic'.
20.10.2011 - 08:26
JCJen7
Easily St Anger. They are both overrall pretty bad, but St. Anger and Some Kind of Monster are pretty decent tracks. And Purify is one fucking great song if you ask me.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
20.10.2011 - 09:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Fade To Black on 20.10.2011 at 06:09
...may make this the my polarising album of the year.

Any year that Metallica releases an album, it's always the most polarising album of that year...

I still haven't listened to Lulu yet... despite hating "The View", I can't judge the whole album by that one song.
20.10.2011 - 09:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.10.2011 at 09:18
despite hating "The View", I can't judge the whole album by that one song.

See that's what I told myself. I was like, come on Troy, it was a fucking terrible song, but surely you can't judge the album based on like 1/10 of its entirety.

I really wish I had, because that other 90% just happened to be the worst "music" I've ever heard. Like...when I first listened to The Browning I was shocked that people even liked it. I was shocked for days, and upset with the entire world for even having listened to it.

But LULU? LULU in its entirety? It's godawful. If I were to give it a one I'd have to make my 1 for the Browning at least a 3 - probably a 4. And I usually exaggerate, don't get me wrong. I jump the gun when shit offends me like this.

But this is like...this is like when your uncle Tom comes to visit. You're thinking, okay Tom, I remember you touched me in the closet a few Christmases ago. I'm still shocked you did that, and it's still horrifying. No amount of Oprah shows have helped me deal with that, Tom. I will likely spend the rest of my life sexually confused asking my girlfriend's to perform anal sex on me because you fucked up my subconscious and now there are inner desires to be touched again by a man. FUCK YOU TOMMY! FUCK YOU!

See, Lulu isn't uncle Tom. Lulu is uncle Tom drunk in the middle of the night during one of his little boy's sleepover parties.

You just don't recover from something like that.
----
20.10.2011 - 09:50
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 09:26

See that's what I told myself. I was like, come on Troy, it was a fucking terrible song, but surely you can't judge the album based on like 1/10 of its entirety.

I really wish I had, because that other 90% just happened to be the worst "music" I've ever heard. Like...when I first listened to The Browning I was shocked that people even liked it. I was shocked for days, and upset with the entire world for even having listened to it.

But LULU? LULU in its entirety? It's godawful. If I were to give it a one I'd have to make my 1 for the Browning at least a 3 - probably a 4. And I usually exaggerate, don't get me wrong. I jump the gun when shit offends me like this.

I am expecting it to be terrible, but then again I was also expecting the new Morbid Angel to be awful after all the scathing comments I seen about it before I heard it. But aside from 2 or 3 awful songs, it actually wasn't that bad at all.

After seeing the latter part of your post, I'd say you definitely do overexaggerate just a tad... :\
20.10.2011 - 09:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.10.2011 at 09:50
After seeing the latter part of your post, I'd say you definitely do overexaggerate just a tad... :\

I exaggerate like you understate.
----
20.10.2011 - 10:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 09:51
I exaggerate like you understate.

I never understate anything, I just say exactly what I feel. xD
20.10.2011 - 10:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.10.2011 at 10:01
I never understate anything, I just say exactly what I feel. xD

Quote:
you definitely do overexaggerate just a tad

Understated if you ask me.

Don't make me exaggerate in response and start throwing my feces around.
----
20.10.2011 - 13:03
moribun
Haven't listened to the whole Lulu so I can't give a precise answer.
(anyways it's gonna be just bad or worse)
20.10.2011 - 13:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 10:03
Understated if you ask me.

Don't make me exaggerate in response and start throwing my feces around.

Okay, you got me there...

Does that mean you're going to throw Lulu and The Browning album at me? No wait, you'd have to actually own them to be able to do that...
20.10.2011 - 13:43
fredd
Account deleted
I haven't listened to lulu, I don't have st. anger; I'll just move along
20.10.2011 - 17:37
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2011 at 03:22

They even managed to beat Morbid Angel and The Browning and Design the Skyline in the total crappiness department this year,

WHAT ? they really did beat Morbid and The Browning... Marcel ! OMG do you realize what it means, im never gonna hear lulu, ever
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.10.2011 - 18:34
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2011 at 03:22

I never thought I'd agree to this statement, but I stand corrected. And how.
20.10.2011 - 19:53
robbyAGONY
Lulu is obviously worse, and t's a shame. I'm not sure what the forums view on Death Magnetic is, but I felt it was a step in the right direction after St Anger. Now I have no idea what the future of Metallica holds, and I think I'm back to really not caring.
20.10.2011 - 21:56
IronAngel
I find it funny people are commenting on Lou Reeds vocals. How can anything be bad in comparison to Hetfield's toilet seat moaning?

The few songs I heard off Lulu weren't horrible. Rather chaotic and directionless, but I don't hear anything to warrant such strong reactions as I'm seeing here.
20.10.2011 - 22:58
Justice
I rated st.anger but like or not lulu is not metallica album
21.10.2011 - 02:04
JD
Account deleted
You wish.
21.10.2011 - 02:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 21.10.2011 at 02:04
You wish.

Judging by his username and avatar...I bet he does. Metallica fanboy denial.
----