Metal Storm logo
Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu Streaming Online In Its Entirety

Lulu, the new album from musical collaboration between Metallica & Lou Reed, is now available for streaming at this location. The song "The View" was previously released and you can listen to it here. Lulu is set to be released on October 31st everywhere else except for North America, where it will be released on November 1st. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 20.10.2011 by Nergal

Comments page 4 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 107   Visited by: 505 users
23.10.2011 - 14:08
Big-Al

Written by Guest on 20.10.2011 at 15:59

Written by Big-Al on 20.10.2011 at 12:38

Evile is the new metalica. LOLu sucks.

like which era metallica ok.... gonna check em out right away...

overly influenced by 80's metallica
----

I drink moosepiss
23.10.2011 - 14:54
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
Written by Big-Al on 23.10.2011 at 14:08

really gud or generic
23.10.2011 - 17:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 23.10.2011 at 05:38
Why am I not surprised to see you agree with me on this?
But yeah, good music is good music and remains good, no matter how shitty the follow-up can be.
That's what I call judging music for what it is: music (according to our own tastes, of course - what is good for someone can be bad for someone else and vice-versa).

Should I not listen to new Kreator because I think everything they released during the 90s was awful?
Surely not. My dislike of their 90s input has no effect on my appreciation of their 80s input and the new albums.
And, Imo, that's how it should be.

Same for Iron Maiden. I utterly dislike what the band became and the new material is a pain in the ass for me to hear. But, will the 80s album ever be painful for me to hear? I don't believe it will ever happen.

Dunno, is it because I'm predictable? lol

And yep, you're exactly right. But I think the big problem is, a lot of people judge certain bands/albums not purely on musical elements. They allow other frivilous, non-musical elements to effect how they judge the album. The attitude displayed above (of ditching a band's previously considered great albums, merely because of weaker, newer output) is a classic example of that type of mentality. Music should be judged completely on it's own merits, and as an individual body of work. But on too many ocassions, people allow their opinions to be clouded by reasons completely unrelated to the actual album they're expressing an opinion on.

Most bands with a lot of albums have at least 1 or 2 dodgy releases to their name, but that should in no way impact on the greatness of their superior albums. You mentioned Kreator, which is a brilliant example.

A lot of my fave bands have at some point released sub-par, or even terrible albums, but I've never stopped loving their great albums because of that, and why should I? Some people are just stupid... lol
23.10.2011 - 17:16
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 23.10.2011 at 17:06

But I think the big problem is, a lot of people judge certain bands/albums not purely on musical elements. They allow other frivilous, non-musical elements to effect how they judge the album. The attitude displayed above (of ditching a band's previously considered great albums, merely because of weaker, newer output) is a classic example of that type of mentality. Music should be judged completely on it's own merits, and as an individual body of work. But on too many ocassions, people allow their opinions to be clouded by reasons completely unrelated to the actual album they're expressing an opinion on.

Most bands with a lot of albums have at least 1 or 2 dodgy releases to their name, but that should in no way impact on the greatness of their superior albums. You mentioned Kreator, which is a brilliant example.

A lot of my fave bands have at some point released sub-par, or even terrible albums, but I've never stopped loving their great albums because of that, and why should I? Some people are just stupid... lol

I don't have anything to add. I totally agree.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.10.2011 - 21:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 23.10.2011 at 14:54
really gud or generic

Evile is the shitty carbon copy of what they think Metallica sounded like in the '80s.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.10.2011 - 00:40
Big-Al

Written by Guest on 23.10.2011 at 14:54

Written by Big-Al on 23.10.2011 at 14:08

really gud or generic

well just give them a go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0P2Gr5Ucfk I think it's safe to say that Metallica will never be what they were in the 80's ever again, but new bands can continue that legacy in their own style and with their own passion.
----

I drink moosepiss
25.10.2011 - 23:29
Dööm

I still enjoy Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets on a regular basis. By the looks of this discussion, I'm just gonna keep doing that and give Lulu a pass. And I who though the internet included every possible view on every subject. has found myself completely at a loss here - I haven't heard a single possitive remark about Lulu ever since the first piece of sound was released.
26.10.2011 - 03:57
RavenKing

Written by Dööm on 25.10.2011 at 23:29

And I who though the internet included every possible view on every subject. has found myself completely at a loss here - I haven't heard a single possitive remark about Lulu ever since the first piece of sound was released.

Perhaps it is so awful that the only opinion one can have is "this sucks".
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
26.10.2011 - 18:57
MDA

My theory: Lou Reed has some delicate pictures of Metallica members (I don't know, maybe putting in practice the "So What" lyrics...) and he has blackmailed them to do a record with him or he would publish the pictures. Imagine how bad those pictures must be to put them into this!!!!

Really, what upsets me the most is that Death M. was great. Where did this come from????
26.10.2011 - 19:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MDA on 26.10.2011 at 18:57
Really, what upsets me the most is that Death M. was great. Where did this come from????

Well, it's not a true Metallica album, the band have said that themselves. Can you imagine Lou Reed singing over My Apocalypse, or That Was Just Your Life? The music was composed at least partly, by Lou Reed, and Metallica's input was also probably tailored to more suit Lou Reed's style... dull and monotonous.
30.10.2011 - 08:37
selken
Irreligious
This is not a Metallica album and should not be listed as such... this is an album with "Reed, Hetfield, Ulrich, Hammet and Trujillo; the latter four are best known as the members of Metallica"

Tell me, if you have these guys with Tobias Sammet we would call that Metallica? nope, you'd call that Avantasia, at least in theory
----
30.10.2011 - 10:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by selken on 30.10.2011 at 08:37
Tell me, if you have these guys with Tobias Sammet we would call that Metallica? nope, you'd call that Avantasia, at least in theory

If Metallica were on every song, it could then be called Avantasia (or Tobias Sammet)/Metallica.
21.07.2012 - 19:42
Cüca Beludö
Account deleted
Written by Sakri on 21.10.2011 at 12:03

... I'd probably as well enjoy Lulu when they'll decide to work on a project with Justin Bieber.

There was a rumor in some blogs that Lars and Bieber were going to do a project, but obviously it's a joke
21.07.2012 - 19:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 21.07.2012 at 19:42

... I'd probably as well enjoy Lulu when they'll decide to work on a project with Justin Bieber.

There was a rumor in some blogs that Lars and Bieber were going to do a project, but obviously it's a joke

Congratulation YOU (for)updating this crappy topic.
21.07.2012 - 20:10
Cüca Beludö
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.07.2012 at 19:53

Written by Guest on 21.07.2012 at 19:42

Congratulation YOU (for)updating this crappy topic.

Thanks, fanboy
21.07.2012 - 20:34
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I saw the album in a store and it said "Lou Reed & Metallica"; so Lou was mentioned first (so that Metallica could get away with it if the album sucked - which it did)
23.07.2012 - 10:29
Void Eater
Account deleted
Oh look, the Lulu thread is back. Still say that it's not nearly as bad as some of ya'll be sayin it is.

Hits total: 8295 | This month: 15