Metal Storm logo
Patches

08.10.2006 - 20:48
SteTech

I don't know what the fuck happens with these patches topics. When I replied to the old one it somewhat disappeared. The I started a new one and that vanished. Maybe the pics I'm posting have something to do with it. Anyway here's the Metal Storm patches topic. You know, those pieces of fabric that often graced the denim jackets of the 80's. They seem to be coming back into fashion.

I was inspired to buy to denim jacket off ebay and get some patches to sew onto it. Here are some photos of it so far: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/CyGuy6587/
08.10.2006 - 23:08
Wo0dy
Account deleted
i want those wintersun patches!!! have you seem them live before? how are they?
09.10.2006 - 12:55
SteTech

Never seen them live actually, but I will in November when they support Amon Amarth and Tyr. I bought those patches from www.t-shirtzone.co.uk, they do international shipping I think
09.10.2006 - 15:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I am getting a Behemoth patch!! OMFG yeah!!!!

And I already have Carpathian Forest jacket, Darkthrone, Danzig, Nile & Dimmu Borgir (Old) patches..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.10.2006 - 03:30
Daru Jericho

I really need some metal patches. I've never really thought of buying them since they're £2 over here, which seems a bit much. Maybe if I see a cheap one somewhere I'll invest.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

10.10.2006 - 05:14
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Good stuff man.

When I was in high school I use to litter my clothes with band patches. I went through a phase where I really admired Phil Anselmo so I got a pair of ugly green pants, make them into long shorts and put patches on them. I actually still have them and am thinking of reusing the patches. They're a Mayhem logo patch, a Slayer one that has the Nazi inspired eagle on it with the pentagram made from swords and a Cannibal Corpse "Gallery Of Suicide" album cover patch. When I bought the re-release of Dimmu's "Stormblast" it came with a patch, haven't done anything with it yet.
11.10.2006 - 22:16
Promonex
Cathemeral
I've been considering to get such a kutte for a quite a while now. The problem is that I'd love to have either Grave Digger's Knights of the Cross or Manticora's 8 Deadly Sins as big back patch, but those aren't produced. Does anyone know a method to make them yourself without having to sew them yourself?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
18.10.2006 - 20:14
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://www.myspace.com/madpatcher

have patches of whatever you want made up. reasonable prices too. i might get a patch of the lust logo
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
18.10.2006 - 21:04
Markku
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 18.10.2006 at 20:14

have patches of whatever you want made up. reasonable prices too. i might get a patch of the lust logo

Awesome. There aren't any of those patches available I wanted, now I can have them made. Thanks for the link. Do you now is the quality is good?
18.10.2006 - 21:17
the dark goddess
Account deleted
I have some patches from Blind Guardian and Iced Earth on my backpack and also on one of my jackets.
18.10.2006 - 21:42
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
@marrku:i haven't actually bought any yet but the pictures look pretty good.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
21.10.2006 - 22:06
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
send him a message on myspace. it only takes a minute to sign up and theres no obligation to make a profilepage
----

Read Watchmen.
28.10.2006 - 06:31
Conemetal

We lost the the original thread?
I love my jacket and I like patches a lot, then I post this pics again

----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
03.11.2006 - 14:03
Xaphiris

I bought a simple black backpack just for the sake of patching it... Oh yeah, I'm gonna sow shitloads of the stuff on it.

Also, I saw some guys buying a cheaper metal t-shirt [uh, counterfeit I guess], cutting out the imagery on it and sowing it onto the back of a jacket. Seems like a pretty cool thing to do...
----
03.11.2006 - 14:10
Xaphiris

Written by Promonex on 11.10.2006 at 22:16

I've been considering to get such a kutte for a quite a while now. The problem is that I'd love to have either Grave Digger's Knights of the Cross or Manticora's 8 Deadly Sins as big back patch, but those aren't produced. Does anyone know a method to make them yourself without having to sew them yourself?

If you can handle the pricing, try using the method I posted about. Another way would be going to your local print shop. I bet most of them can print on fabric and use some kind of lacker coating to keep to pain from peeling off...

These are all the lowsier ways, because trve paches are sewed, not painted wares...
----
08.01.2008 - 16:25
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 18.10.2006 at 20:14

thx a lot for this link, I ordered 52 patches right away lol!
02.09.2008 - 04:41
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I just bought a Metallcia Patch, my first serious patch actually. I had Stratovarius super-gay patch because I thought it was funny. but I'm gonna fill my backpack with Metallcia patches soon.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.09.2008 - 05:09
Oracle
Orcinus
I would like to know where you get them? I want some to put on my jacket but I have no idea where to buy them...
02.09.2008 - 05:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Oracle on 02.09.2008 at 05:09

I would like to know where you get them? I want some to put on my jacket but I have no idea where to buy them...

I buy them in downtown or in the park of my municipality to teh guy who sells buttons.
(I couldn't resist)
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

03.09.2008 - 01:25
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Guest on 02.09.2008 at 15:52

Written by Oracle on 02.09.2008 at 05:09

Places such as Shitopia (Utopia) and Red Eye always sell them, but you can get them online also. Patches are cool and they make your clothes look cool also, but fukk they're expensive now

Haha shitopia
Oh ok well im going to Utopia with Matt on Sat so ill have a look. If they are like $50 then i wont be buying them. I hate it when things like that are expensive GRR.
03.09.2008 - 01:29
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have two denim jackets. The latest one only so far has the Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli backpatch, average album but very good looking cover! My old one has a Dissection backpatch and the rest is filled with Iron Maiden - The Trooper, Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark, Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao, Månegarm, Cradle of Filth and Watain. The arms are covered with autographs from In Flames and Dani Filth. It can be seen on several pictures on my facebook.
----
03.09.2008 - 02:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 03.09.2008 at 01:29

I have two denim jackets. The latest one only so far has the Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli backpatch, average album but very good looking cover! My old one has a Dissection backpatch and the rest is filled with Iron Maiden - The Trooper, Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark, Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao, Månegarm, Cradle of Filth and Watain. The arms are covered with autographs from In Flames and Dani Filth. It can be seen on several pictures on my facebook.

But you have no Metallica patches. Be sure to get for the new one! And of course some Deathstars patch as well
----

03.09.2008 - 13:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.09.2008 at 02:47

But you have no Metallica patches. Be sure to get for the new one! And of course some Deathstars patch as well

Yeah, I must have some of that!
----
06.09.2008 - 13:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I have a Metallica patch but that's about it. I think they are nice but I'd rather buy cds with the money I have lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.09.2008 - 06:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by BloodTears on 06.09.2008 at 13:22

I have a Metallica patch but that's about it. I think they are nice but I'd rather buy cds with the money I have lol

There's no point of comparison, hun. A patch costs how much? A dollar? An euro?
A CD costs 10-15-20-30 Dollars or euros...
----

09.09.2008 - 13:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
Patches are a cheap way of expressing your affinity to certain bands, pretty much like band shirts, just that you can expose dozens of 'em at a time. Indeed no sense in comparing them to CD's.

About time I start sewing my patches on a jacket as well. Still need to print the backpatch of my desires though as I'm not really fond of buying a longsleeve (the only textile with the pic on it) just to cut out the picture on the front.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
09.09.2008 - 14:15
Abattoir

Patches are cool, but I wouldn't have them, for example all over the jacket or bag or anything else. Just a few one, that it doesn't look like
too trashy (or how would I say). That looks cool to me

For now I got only one patch (from Metalcamp festival)...
09.09.2008 - 17:26
accursed
Account deleted
.In high school i had a slayer and metallica sticker on the rear window of my station wagon....Good enough! They are sudo patches.