Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Writing Material For New Album, First Ever Indian Show Cancelled

Metallica's bassist Robert Trujillo revealed in a recent interview (you can read it at this location) that the band is already writing material for a new album and that the recording process will probably be done throughout next year.

He said: "We've been busy writing and recording. We've got a couple of new songs we have been working on the past couple of weeks. The writing process for the new Metallica album has begun. We've been in the studio with Rick Rubin, working on a couple of things, and we're going to be recording during the most of next year. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. But the great thing is that we have sort of already jumped off the launch pad and we're swimming. It's happening. It's reality. It's a lot of fun, there are a lot of ideas, and we're really excited about the new record. For me, personally, Death Magnetic was the launch pad for the next record. This is the beginning of something very, very cool."

In other news, Metallica's performance at the Indian Formula 1 motor racing Grand Prix show on October 28th in Gurgaon (a suburb of Delhi) was cancelled due to an "unruly" section of the crowd climbing over safety barriers and damaging the stage set.

The band made the following statement: "We arrived in Delhi on Friday very excited and ready to play our first show ever in India at the F1 Rocks concert. However, immediately at the end of our afternoon press conference at a hotel near the venue, we were notified that there was a serious question as to whether the show could proceed with regard to the safety of the concert audience. And our first and foremost concern is always for the safety of you, the fans."

[Also thanks to warensemble for sending in this news!]

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 01.11.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 345 users
02.11.2011 - 10:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Huntteri on 02.11.2011 at 10:02
So apologize.

Pff, it doesn't matter what it's following up or what it's preceding, it's one of the worst-ever releases in music history. Regardless of Metallica, regardless of Lou Reed, regardless of their collaborative histories and potential future success - all that matters is Lulu is complete and utter garbage.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.11.2011 - 11:10
Huntteri

Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.11.2011 at 10:04

Written by Huntteri on 02.11.2011 at 10:02
So apologize.

Pff, it doesn't matter what it's following up or what it's preceding, it's one of the worst-ever releases in music history. Regardless of Metallica, regardless of Lou Reed, regardless of their collaborative histories and potential future success - all that matters is Lulu is complete and utter garbage.

And I fully agree,so let's just stfu
02.11.2011 - 14:17
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Commencing stfu.
.... Shutting the fuck up...
Stfu complete.
----
THRASH!!!
03.11.2011 - 00:13
RavenKing

Written by Iron Nostarion on 01.11.2011 at 14:45

I don't fucking care about the next album. Too much disappointments from the band on its own, from the Big 4 and from any big band in general this year. I'm fucking depressed about anything a "big band" makes. We've got Big 4 shit all 'round this year, Morbid Angel shit, Amon Amarth shit, Children of Bodom shit, etc.

Perhaps it would be time for you to stop caring for big names and start listening to less known bands.
Imo, when it comes to metal, the best stuff almost always comes from less known bands and not from big names.

Anyway, the situation you describe will only get worse because bands with big names are aging.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.11.2011 - 16:23
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Written by RavenKing on 03.11.2011 at 00:13

Written by Iron Nostarion on 01.11.2011 at 14:45

I don't fucking care about the next album. Too much disappointments from the band on its own, from the Big 4 and from any big band in general this year. I'm fucking depressed about anything a "big band" makes. We've got Big 4 shit all 'round this year, Morbid Angel shit, Amon Amarth shit, Children of Bodom shit, etc.

Perhaps it would be time for you to stop caring for big names and start listening to less known bands.
Imo, when it comes to metal, the best stuff almost always comes from less known bands and not from big names.

Anyway, the situation you describe will only get worse because bands with big names are aging.

I know. Thus I'm following this advice you're giving me, needless to hear it. It's just that I can't buy much stuff (I live in the middle of nowhere) and can't find download sites that offer more underground stuff. :/
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
03.11.2011 - 22:50
afu

HEY!!! I have an opinion!!!
04.11.2011 - 08:09
alexunnplugged

All the things i´ve read about how shitty and disappointed you feel about metallica makes me feel sorry for the narrow minds, you sound like a bitter old hag left on the altar 20 years ago, music evolves, ideas change so as people, and money talks you cant expect to something remain the same. so bottom line if you dont care or dont like metallica fuk off and go cry somewhere else as simple as that you dont know shit about respect for not a great name but for all the work that is behind it, i accept people who dont like stuff but haters just push my nerves. if you claim that you have great taste for music then prove it with intelligent thoughts not that nonsense bullshit

great hopes for the next album
04.11.2011 - 09:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by alexunnplugged on 04.11.2011 at 08:09

All the things i´ve read about how shitty and disappointed you feel about metallica makes me feel sorry for the narrow minds, you sound like a bitter old hag left on the altar 20 years ago, music evolves, ideas change so as people, and money talks you cant expect to something remain the same. so bottom line if you dont care or dont like metallica fuk off and go cry somewhere else as simple as that you dont know shit about respect for not a great name but for all the work that is behind it, i accept people who dont like stuff but haters just push my nerves. if you claim that you have great taste for music then prove it with intelligent thoughts not that nonsense bullshit

great hopes for the next album

I don't think people are bitching about the band not writing the same stuff they were writing 25 years ago, I think people are merely commenting on the quality of the content, rather than what the content actually is. They don't write good music anymore. They used to. Plain and simple. Get over the fact that most people with taste can actually recognize what this band can sound like at their full potential.

I don't understand people bitching and complaining at this point because they haven't really done anything good in like 23-24 years. Maybe aside from Garage Inc...Gotta admit I liked that one.

Back to the news; Didn't Rick Rubin kind of fuck up production do absolutely nothing on the last album? I'm kind of confused as to why they're bringing him in again, as I think they even commented on his total lack of work on the album. You'd think with the type of pay Mr.Rubin probably requires they wouldn't risk him doing sweet fuck all again.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.11.2011 - 09:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Doc G. on 04.11.2011 at 09:43
Back to the news; Didn't Rick Rubin kind of fuck up production do absolutely nothing on the last album? I'm kind of confused as to why they're bringing him in again, as I think they even commented on his total lack of work on the album. You'd think with the type of pay Mr.Rubin probably requires they wouldn't risk him doing sweet fuck all again.

Yep, he did. I have to say, I was shocked when I saw that he'd be producing the next album. Apparently he spent very little time in the studio for the recording of the last album, and when he was there, he hardly did anything. Although Greg Fidelman took most of the blame for how "Death Magnetic" sounded, as producer, Rick Rubin has to carry the can for it as well. I liked the last album, but the production on it was awful. I'm definitely unhappy they've decided to go for Rick Rubin again, after the production was a total mess the last time around. Im sure I recall hearing that Rick isn't much interested in producing metal anymore, which if true, would explain why he was hardly involved in the last album's production... still, at least it isn't Bob Rock I guess... lol

As for the above conversation, I will listen to the next album with totally unbiased ears, and "Lulu" isn't going to affect how I view it one iota. It'll be judged 100% on it's own merits.
04.11.2011 - 10:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'll be honest here: DM was a pleasant surprise to me, I hope Lulu was just a momentary episode of musical explosive diarrhea, and that the next album would be inspired by their thrash-influenced albums. Pretty much anything (including St. Anger part two) would be better than Lulu.
04.11.2011 - 10:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by alexunnplugged on 04.11.2011 at 08:09
music evolves, ideas change so as people, and money talks you cant expect to something remain the same

Ya but have you heard St. Anger. Or Lulu for that matter. Or Load. Or Reload.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.11.2011 - 10:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 04.11.2011 at 10:11

I'll be honest here: DM was a pleasant surprise to me, I hope Lulu was just a momentary episode of musical explosive diarrhea, and that the next album would be inspired by their thrash-influenced albums. Pretty much anything (including St. Anger part two) would be better than Lulu.

I guess that's the thing... most people will let "Lulu" influence how they see the next album, and anything aside from a "Lulu Pt.2" will be seen as amazing compared to it. I'll be judging the album totally on it's own merits though... which is probably also why I never "disown" bands like some people do.
08.11.2011 - 19:36
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Metallica should just release some "Greatest Hits" and disband, because things can't be worst than Lulu, the worst metal album ever!
09.11.2011 - 23:22
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2011 at 20:38

Rob Rock, Rick Rubin .... funny names

Obviously, Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer must be next.
29.12.2011 - 22:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
What's next? A nu metal album?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.12.2011 - 23:07
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.12.2011 at 22:49