Metal Storm logo
Megadeth Albums - Top To Bottom

What we can notice here in Megadeth is that both old and new intermingle in the list. I like this, you never know what to expect from Megadeth.

Created by: Iron Nostarion | 29.10.2011

1. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Absolute masterpiece. Mixing between ultra-catchiness and ultra-technicality, and never bores you.
2. Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
A great thrash album that could only be topped by RIP in Megadeth's discography.
3. Megadeth - Endgame
In my opinion, Endgame's two opening tracks should be on RIP. Those, as well as great tracks like "Head Crusher", "The Right To Go Insane", "1320" and "How the Story Ends" make this one of Megadeth's best albums.
4. Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction
This got me into Megadeth and I still like it everytime I listen to it. It's one of their best, definitely, and their transition to softer music was actually tons better than Metallica's.
5. Megadeth - So Far, So Good... So What?
Actually a great and decent album, one of Megadeth's most underrated works.
6. Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Another one of Megadeth's underrated works... and one of my favorite. KICK THE CHAIR.
7. Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!
Listen to the remastered and you might just appreciate this more. Slightly above mediocre.
8. Megadeth - United Abominations
There are really awesome moments here, you have "Sleepwalker" and "Gears of War", two tracks I absolutely adore.
9. Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Slightly below what I've expected as a follow-up to "Endgame", but then again look at what "Rust In Peace" was followed with. Still a solid album despite the expectations, and the three tracks at the beginning absolutely kill. I just was disappointed the thrash here was slightly lesser.
10. Megadeth - Youthanasia
There are lots of stuff that bug me about this album. It's still a shame Dave utilized such an awesome lineup to make Heavy stuff. Look at what we could've been staring at from the players of "Rust In Peace". Not bad, but I don't like.
11. Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
There are few decent songs here but at least they exist. I hate the way the lyrics were here... "Th1rt3en" too.
12. Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero
Absolutely terrible in my honest opinion. Didn't like it, of course didn't dig "Moto Psycho". I understand there was some return to Thrash here but this is still terrible in my eyes.
13. Megadeth - Risk
I don't fucking know what to say. Mustaine trolling the BAD WAY.

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Iron Nostarion ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 4   Visited by: 82 users
01.11.2011 - 20:18
Met2Heav

I agree with almost everything, but Th1rt3en is way better then UA or TSHF
01.11.2011 - 20:43
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Written by Met2Heav on 01.11.2011 at 20:18

I agree with almost everything, but Th1rt3en is way better then UA or TSHF

Meh. Could be better than United Abominations (although I'm still on my opinion), but better than TSHF? Nah. TSHF was made with passion and had a sound of its own, Th1rt3en feels like an uninspired repetitive album with only two songs that could be on par with either UA / TSHF.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
03.03.2012 - 04:52
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
From your list, i just realized that the only time Megadeth has ever disappointed me was on Risk, and then they continued to surprise me by making listenable and great material, even on Th1rt3en. Risk and TWNAH are garbage, but everything else is great. I like that
01.11.2012 - 12:43
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Could quibble about some of the orderings but agree for the most part so hats off to you. And the only two Megadeth albums I don't own are the bottom two on your list, so I think I'll forget about ever getting them.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...

Hits total: 4479 | This month: 5