Metal Storm logo
What do you think about Linkin Park?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.10.2006 - 22:45
In my first post I didn't include much information about the band because I just wanted to know your opinion about them.
Anyway I knew this band from the T.V I saw the "IN THE END" clip once and I like it so much. I loved the lyrics and the way they skip from the rap to the rock. Actually this band is famous in this style so I started listing to them that's happened about 2 years ago.
Then I meet my boyfriend "Imperial Ice" and Ofcours he was a metal head long time ago then I met the metal songs so I stopped listing to them. (I know long details).
Now I'm so in Gothic Metal and some other bands like Children of Bodoom, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Iced Earth. But about month ago I heard about the new album for them LP and I liked it so much the lyrics the music even the screaming. I loved there voices and I saw them as a metal band not rock or hard rock but as a metal band I mean when I listen to the song Die Die Die my darling for Metallica I see no different between the song Don't Stay (album Meteora) for LP or the song Faint from the same album.
I hope that someone could understand what I mean or find the missing point in my words so can help me explaining to you Metal Storm about the importance of this band
Thank you
11.02.2008 - 18:16
Stigma
Account deleted
If they would have been sticking in the style of songs like Papercut, they could still be quite ass kicking. The new album was so lame that it didn't even scratch my butt.
16.02.2008 - 12:27
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
they are essentially one of the main bands that got me into our type of music, i bought their live cd when i was twelve i think, i didn't listen to anymore when i became a "real metalhead", but now that i'm beginning to see the whole "being metal" thing much lighter then i used to i also got into them again, that is, their first two albums.

i didnt listen to the newest one yet, i heard it's very poppy though, what do you guys think of it compared to the first two?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
16.02.2008 - 14:41
Tod_Engel
I don't hate nor love them. Quite neutral about this band. If they want to make their own kind of rap metal, so be it. Listened to them some two or three years ago. First albums sounded OK, but I don't know anything about Linkin Park's new stuff. To add, I hated their album with Jay-Z. It just didn't work out how they wanted.
18.02.2008 - 13:30
HELL-ME
Account deleted
yeaah ! right !!
their album with jay-z just SUCKS !!
the new album isn't as cool as their first releases... I think that Meteora kicks ass .. I just love listening to it after all these years !
18.02.2008 - 15:35
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Bas on 16.02.2008 at 12:27

they are essentially one of the main bands that got me into our type of music, i bought their live cd when i was twelve i think, i didn't listen to anymore when i became a "real metalhead", but now that i'm beginning to see the whole "being metal" thing much lighter then i used to i also got into them again, that is, their first two albums.

i didnt listen to the newest one yet, i heard it's very poppy though, what do you guys think of it compared to the first two?

Nothing special, too simple, some good songs, but in total... I don't know, buy it and listen to it, you may like it... or not.
----
19.02.2008 - 01:54
addiction
Written by Bas on 16.02.2008 at 12:27

their last one is definitely not even close to the other two and at first if you listen to it you will get disappointed....but it does kind of grow in you i guess after a few listens....i do listen to it some times apart from a couple of songs that sound like fort minor and are just unbearable! they have changed because people have grow out of that whole nu-metal thing but their songs are still quite catchy...hope this helped...;)
----
alive in the superunknown
19.02.2008 - 11:12
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
i think i know what you mean addiction, anyway thanks guys, i suppose i'll listen to it somewhen, but it's really not a high priority at the moment
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
09.05.2008 - 08:11
Trinstar
First of all, this is a serious post, and I'm going to take it seriously.

Linkin Park, musically, are not an incredibly "talented" band. Neither are a lot of Doom metal bands that I've heard. They are "radio-friendly". So is current Metallica and lots of Nu-Metal. They rap a bit. Many metal bands include spoken lyrics in their songs, just not with any type of ebonics or "style". They aren't a great band, and they are made for the legions of casual music fans.

That said, I greatly appreciate their music. I did a long bit of incarceration, and we did not have radios. All we had was a block TV. And there was a "rock" block that come on a certain local station once a day, and let me tell you, if it came down to FIGHTING, we were watching that rock block, every day. For someone who listens to and plays music 1/3 of his entire life, to suddenly be deprived of all music and instruments is absolutely crushing. I guarded that TV with my life when that rock block came on, and it came down to fighting on numerous occasions, but it was worth it, because I can't live with no music whatsoever if it is indeed available. And let me tell you: this was no Headbanger's Ball. I'm talking Nickelback, A Perfect Circle, Dashboard Confessional, and, you guessed it, Linkin Park, which was the best band to come on that rock block. I was headbanging and moshpitting, the way one would at a Pantera show, to Linkin Park, because it's the best music I heard for a very long period of time.

When the Metal is taken from you, you take what you can get. And Linkin Park is all I could get, so I took it, and I have nothing bad to say about this band because of this.
----
Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal, proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
There's magic in the metal; there's magic is us all
31.05.2008 - 23:05
metalhead3
i don't like them,they are not good for me
11.07.2008 - 09:32
MortalTheory
Account deleted
one or two good songs, the rest suck
13.07.2008 - 23:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Their newest single (probably not the album) is better than some of the material that they've been putting out in the middle of this decade...I just heard a song of them on the radio when I was driving in my car and it sounded pretty decent for something that's on the radio...
15.07.2008 - 19:27
FOOCK Nam
Linkin Park music is good for me generally, but lean towards's teenage, youth taste.
16.07.2008 - 00:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
despises linkin park and everything they stand for. i give them props for trying to make "good" music by collaborating with different artists, i mean shit, anthrax did it. but they did it to a whole new level and whored out what legitimate musical talent they actually had and turned it into studio sweetened bullshit.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.10.2008 - 07:22
DevilBabi
I liked them, before the new wingy album
Cannot stand that new song, and not interested in listening to it, AT ALL
15.10.2008 - 18:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by LeChron James on 16.07.2008 at 00:04

despises linkin park and everything they stand for. i give them props for trying to make "good" music by collaborating with different artists, i mean shit, anthrax did it. but they did it to a whole new level and whored out what legitimate musical talent they actually had and turned it into studio sweetened bullshit.

Thats a start. I admit I listened to them almost a decade ago (hell...must be like 8 or 9 years now that I think about it), I tried listening to them the other day, try and remember what I liked about them...seems my memory is shot. I can't sit through a single song without cringing partially from embarrassment on behalf of the band, partially from embarrassment for my younger self, and partially because it makes my brain and ears hurt.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.11.2008 - 11:19
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I listened to them when I was 7 or something (wow, 11 years ago) I liked them then because it was what everyone listened too and I didn't really have preferences. Now whenever I hear them one of their stupid ballads or whatever Rock/pop/rap hybrid is popular at the time gets stuck in my head and the only way to get it out is WITH A BULLET!!!!
----
Coldgrits
20.11.2008 - 20:57
Metalbound7
Written by Doc G. on 15.10.2008 at 18:34

Thats a start. I admit I listened to them almost a decade ago (hell...must be like 8 or 9 years now that I think about it), I tried listening to them the other day, try and remember what I liked about them...seems my memory is shot. I can't sit through a single song without cringing partially from embarrassment on behalf of the band, partially from embarrassment for my younger self, and partially because it makes my brain and ears hurt.

Don't be embarrased bro, any of us born listening to Iron Maiden. in fact most of us debt everything to Nu Metal, NWOAHM or other shits like that, because bands like Linkin Park is why we are listening to Amon Amarth or Iced Earth now days. I support 100% Nu Metal for this reason, we never think in this, but Nu Metal is what is helping Real Metal to grow stronger day by day.
21.11.2008 - 06:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Metalbound7 on 20.11.2008 at 20:57

Written by Doc G. on 15.10.2008 at 18:34

Don't be embarrased bro, any of us born listening to Iron Maiden. in fact most of us debt everything to Nu Metal, NWOAHM or other shits like that, because bands like Linkin Park is why we are listening to Amon Amarth or Iced Earth now days. I support 100% Nu Metal for this reason, we never think in this, but Nu Metal is what is helping Real Metal to grow stronger day by day.

Nah, I have classic rock and punk to thank for this. Linkin Park was really the only Nu-Metal band I was into, and I got into it before I was into punk, and punk is what lead me to metal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.11.2008 - 08:34
Eeric
Account deleted
After I read from finnish mag' Soundi's interview with LP where they told that they do music only for money, I have no respect for them. My brother likes that band, but I could not believe my ears when I heard their old songs. Was they really so crappy??
29.11.2008 - 23:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I think that they are good... It can be quite enjoyable when you're not paying big atention to the music.
It gives me back some old memories.
But I really think they fucked up after Meteora... The first two albums are good, but the everything went downhill and more comercial that it was already. The last album was really gay.

And of course, I try to not pay atention to the awful lyrics.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.11.2008 - 00:23
Hrothdane
I can't stand them at all. Lyrics are really important to me, in that they need to at least be decent for me to like the band, no matter how good their instrumentals are. Their lyrics leave a LOT to be desired for me.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
02.12.2008 - 06:20
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Many years ago I liked the first two albums and I'm not ashamed, they helped me to get into metal. Still their songs bring me good memories, really good ones.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
04.12.2008 - 08:57
Bleak
Account deleted
I used to like them.................WHEN I WAS 12 years old X))
any way i think if the vocal made a metal band they would be the best NU metal or trash metal band...cuz he only screems...
that cray mother F!@ker cracks me up X))
09.12.2008 - 06:12
iaberis
Advice Troll
They're cool!
----
Bitch! Please
09.12.2008 - 08:20
VPeter
No they are not, they are one of the worst modern rock bands out there.
09.12.2008 - 12:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
Never liked them, except the song "In the End" when I was a stupid kid
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.12.2008 - 14:07
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Listening to Linkin Park helped me get into metal !
27.12.2008 - 16:24
Kanto
At the beginning they were an interesting band, the Hybryd Theory was nice, then the Meteora (hell my sis had that album, she listened to it EVERYDAY), and then....I don't remember, oh yeah! Everybody loved LP as one of the best bands ever, the Collision Course with Jay-Z, the Chester's voice problem...and now this new album, what the hell happened?
I guess that the In the End, Numb or Faint era is over...the first time I saw/heard "What I've done" I was like....what the f*ck is this!? They used to be a really cool band (with not-so-good lyrics but come on! We were 12 years old), now is....just sad.
----
...Dude.
15.01.2009 - 18:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
What do I think about Linkin Park; it was a good idea.
----
(space for rent)
21.01.2009 - 02:46
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by iaberis on 09.12.2008 at 06:12

They're cool!

They were my friend. but that last album was just lame. Like Stigma said, if they had stuck to teh stuff they did, it would've been a fine album. I can't believe "What I've done" is the credits song of Transformers.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!