Metal Storm logo
Grand Theft Auto 5

03.11.2011 - 01:16
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Http://www.rockstargames.com/ Click it for the trailer.

I pretty damn excited about it.
03.11.2011 - 03:20
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Damn it looks amazing cant wait
03.11.2011 - 04:57
ß
Problem?
Looks pretty sexy. Imagine how amazing it would look with the realistic mods from IV
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
03.11.2011 - 05:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Nothing will ever beat the first GTA. Bird's eye view ftw!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.11.2011 - 10:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I keep making the mistake of buying Rockstar games, I won't with GTA5. Undoubtedly it'll follow the same routine as it did with 4 with some minor additions (watered down RPG elements probably).
03.11.2011 - 11:43
Slayer666
Awesome.
Can't wait to mercilessly bludgeon some more hookers with a baseball bat, only with better graphics this time.
03.11.2011 - 14:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 03.11.2011 at 11:43

Awesome.
Can't wait to mercilessly bludgeon some more hookers with a baseball bat, only with better graphics this time.

'Zackly, Rockstar should be more honest and be done with the storytelling and pointless narratives, all are just excuses for people to beat the shit out of others and drive their cars off buildings.
03.11.2011 - 23:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 03.11.2011 at 10:55
I keep making the mistake of buying Rockstar games, I won't with GTA5. Undoubtedly it'll follow the same routine as it did with 4 with some minor additions (watered down RPG elements probably).

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.11.2011 - 03:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 03.11.2011 at 14:48

Written by Slayer666 on 03.11.2011 at 11:43

Awesome.

'Zackly, Rockstar should be more honest and be done with the storytelling and pointless narratives, all are just excuses for people to beat the shit out of others and drive their cars off buildings.

That sounds fine to me. For me the GTA games are just a great outlet for frustration and bloodlust. I don't even give a shit about the story lines...Except for San Andreas, I was able to really get into that one.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.11.2011 - 06:09
Edmund Fogg
San Andreas was the best GTA hands down! RPG elements, different fighting styles, Jetpack...
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
04.11.2011 - 07:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Games like this are only fun for me when I use god mode and unlimited ammo cheats. Then I can just blow everything and everyone up and absolutely lay waste to civilization without having to "start over".

Although there is fun in racking up those little stars or whatever for doing bad shit. It's like...how many hookers can I murder before that it goes from 3 to 4...?
----
04.11.2011 - 10:16
whatsacow
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.11.2011 at 07:00

Games like this are only fun for me when I use god mode and unlimited ammo cheats. Then I can just blow everything and everyone up and absolutely lay waste to civilization without having to "start over".

Although there is fun in racking up those little stars or whatever for doing bad shit. It's like...how many hookers can I murder before that it goes from 3 to 4...?

I used to be like that until gta 4. Then I found it much more fun to see how long I could survive a chase/shootout with the law.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
04.11.2011 - 11:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 04.11.2011 at 03:41

That sounds fine to me. For me the GTA games are just a great outlet for frustration and bloodlust. I don't even give a shit about the story lines...Except for San Andreas, I was able to really get into that one.

You could never market a game like that though, there would be outrage. Like Manhunt Two which emphasised the act of torturing in its gameplay. There HAS to be some kind of justification for the violence, even if it is just superficial.
04.11.2011 - 17:44
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 04.11.2011 at 11:29

You could never market a game like that though, there would be outrage. Like Manhunt Two which emphasised the act of torturing in its gameplay. There HAS to be some kind of justification for the violence, even if it is just superficial.

Wasn't Manhunt 2 more story-driven than its predecessor? If I recall correctly, there was virtually no story in Manhunt other than some very basic explanation as to how you got where you are and why you're doing what you're doing. Then again, I was 9 or 10 when I played it, maybe I don't remember it right.

On topic:
It's GTA, I can't imagine playing a GTA game without cheats, it just kills the fun when you have limited ammo, normal weapons, no jet-packs/airplanes and such.
Oh, the fun I had in San Andreas by ramming a jet into a military convoy, or blasting the poor cops with my tank...
04.11.2011 - 17:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 04.11.2011 at 17:44

Wasn't Manhunt 2 more story-driven than its predecessor? If I recall correctly, there was virtually no story in Manhunt other than some very basic explanation as to how you got where you are and why you're doing what you're doing. Then again, I was 9 or 10 when I played it, maybe I don't remember it right.

Manhunt 2 was originally banned (even in the UK and that's saying something) and had to be censored before it got a release date.
06.11.2011 - 17:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'd rather play Postal III.

At least there you'll great to wreak havoc with the violence amped up to 11½.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
07.11.2011 - 12:31
whatsacow
Written by Guest on 04.11.2011 at 17:46

Written by Slayer666 on 04.11.2011 at 17:44

Manhunt 2 was originally banned (even in the UK and that's saying something) and had to be censored before it got a release date.

Both manhunts are still banned here. But Australia is finally getting an 18+ rating, so not every game that has nudity or extreme violence will get banned (mortal combat for fuck sake!) Hell San Andreas got banned for a while because of a mod that had to be unofficially downloaded.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.11.2011 - 18:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Maybe when I buy a PS3...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.11.2011 - 23:47
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
With the mods and online play for the PC, this game is going to be amazing.
26.12.2011 - 01:47
whatsacow
OMG THEYRE MOVING AWAY FROM THE TRADITIONAL GRAPHICS STYLE AND EVERYTHING LOOKS SO DIFFERENT AND ITS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE OTHER GAMES EVEN THOUGH THERES NO GAMEPLAY IN THE TRAILOR WE HAVE TO PANIC ABOUT CHANGE SO WE ALL GOT TO KILL OURSELVES IN PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
21.11.2012 - 20:53
FinnishSammich
The only release I'm really waiting to at the moment, more info NOW, damnit!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.11.2011 at 23:31

Ha, that's how I would've liked L.A Noire to be (except for the necrophilia part). The story was great but there's really not that much to do after you've completed it, you can't even draw your gun out anywhere.
23.11.2012 - 09:40
IronAngel
I haven't played a single GTA since 2 and London. I was thinking about getting IV from the Steam sale, but not sure if it's really any good. I'll probably stick to my Limbo, Cave Story, Amnesia and The Bard's Tale which I got.
29.11.2012 - 12:08
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Petition for porting to PC,,,,please sign regardless of what platform you're using!

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc
----
rekt
29.11.2012 - 12:32
IronAngel
I find it ridicilous that people are still making games primarily for consoles. I will never understand console players and their reason for choosing that platform. There's just no argument in their favor. (It's not even cheaper when you're paying twice the price for games and you need several consoles to play different series and older games; and if you can't afford a decent PC, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on new console games either.)
17.01.2013 - 18:13
Jtbmetal123
I cant wait for GTA 5. It loos amazing! I have to pre order it soon.
17.01.2013 - 18:25
MetalSpider
Ive preordered my copy!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
18.01.2013 - 01:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by IronAngel on 29.11.2012 at 12:32

I find it ridicilous that people are still making games primarily for consoles. I will never understand console players and their reason for choosing that platform. There's just no argument in their favor. (It's not even cheaper when you're paying twice the price for games and you need several consoles to play different series and older games; and if you can't afford a decent PC, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on new console games either.)

You have really no argument here, I don't have a desktop and my laptop can't handle games. Games aren't that much different pricewise, and I use my Ps3 for more than just gaming (netflix, great for storing music). And There's nothing better than the feeling of a controller. It's just a total personal preference, but I don't think i'll ever game on a computer.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.01.2013 - 09:24
IronAngel
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.01.2013 at 01:13

Games aren't that much different pricewise

Guess this discussion moved into the gaming platform topic, but this claim is quite strange. At the store, a new blockbuster for PC will be some 49e and the console version probably 59-69e. This is already significant, but then there's things like the regular Steam sales where you get new and hot games at -50-75%, or the Humble Bundle charities of pay-what-you-want (though they don't really feature blockbusters).