Metal Storm logo
DragonForce - Update On The Upcoming Album

UK speed power metal band DragonForce played their first US live show on Friday, October 21st, with the new singer Marc Hudson. They performed two songs from their upcoming studio album ("Cry Thunder" and "Last Fallen World"), as well as a selection from their earlier releases.

Prior to the show, bassist Frédéric Leclerq and drummer Dave Mackintosh did a short interview, where they talked about Hudson's recruitment, the new material, and more. You can now watch the whole interview below.

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce
Posted: 06.11.2011 by Flower Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 188 users
06.11.2011 - 12:56
Kingface

It'll be interesting to see how Marc does, what he brings to the band and if the new album actually ends up being as varied as they say it will be. I've also read somewhere that Fred said in another interview that it'll have a strong Sonic Firestorm vibe to it. I certainly wouldn't mind this, as that along with Valley of the Damned are my two favourite Dragonforce albums.
06.11.2011 - 13:57
Hendrikse
Account deleted
The new songs they've performed sound pretty awesome and not of the generic dragonforce "speed with more hyper-fast speed" type. If these are as good as the whole album then Im sure it'll be a fantastic album.
06.11.2011 - 17:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Let there be cheese, let there be cheese, let there be cheese and dragon flys free
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2011 - 17:50
Baz Anderson

I'm sceptical but hoping to be surprised.
06.11.2011 - 19:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
New vocalist, same music. Doesn't make a difference.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.11.2011 - 00:00
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I wish I could be in a position like this as a band, just keep doing the same album over and over then surprise the fuck out of everyone with an experimental noise/industrial metal album.
07.11.2011 - 02:33
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Guest on 06.11.2011 at 13:57

The new songs they've performed sound pretty awesome and not of the generic dragonforce "speed with more hyper-fast speed" type.

...not sure wat youve been listening too but Last Fallen World is self-proclaimed "fastest and most extreme dragonforce song yet" and even tho the sound quality isnt the best on the youtube videos that i watched of this song, it sure looks and sounds like theyre living up to the statement.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
07.11.2011 - 12:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really hope the next album is much more varied like the above interview suggests... the playing-hyper-fast-every-song novelty has worn off now. "Cry Thunder" is certainly different than most Dragonforce songs, as it's mid-paced, though "Last Fallen World" has the typical Dragonforce sound of the past 3 albums. Im definitely far more looking forward to hearing this album than I was in the lead up to the previous one. Hopefully a more varied approach and a new singer can produce a great power metal album this time! xD
07.11.2011 - 17:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
I hope it'll be their first album I can enjoy in one sitting. I like DragonForce, if I listen to a couple of tracks at most and then leave it. To be listening to one of their albums from beginning to end is just to much for me. Can't stand it then.
----
07.11.2011 - 18:22
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Written by AngelofDeth on 07.11.2011 at 02:33

The new songs they've performed sound pretty awesome and not of the generic dragonforce "speed with more hyper-fast speed" type.

...not sure wat youve been listening too but Last Fallen World is self-proclaimed "fastest and most extreme dragonforce song yet" and even tho the sound quality isnt the best on the youtube videos that i watched of this song, it sure looks and sounds like theyre living up to the statement.

Yeah, I kinda jumped to conclusions after hearing the first song then thought Last Fallen World was going to be in the same vein. Oops.
08.11.2011 - 07:25
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Guest on 07.11.2011 at 18:22

Written by AngelofDeth on 07.11.2011 at 02:33

Yeah, I kinda jumped to conclusions after hearing the first song then thought Last Fallen World was going to be in the same vein. Oops.

yea i thought that mita happened, but anyways Cry Thunder did sound really cool and promising so therea still hope to be able to salvage a few tracks off this album.
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Hits total: 3055 | This month: 40