02. Shades Of Emerald Fields
03. For Funerals To Come
04. Epistel
05. Black Erotica [2012 Re-issue bonus]
06. Love Of The Swan [2012 Re-issue bonus]

Guest review by
Allen
Rating:
Having left No Fashion in favor of the Italian based label Avantgarde Music, Sweden's Katatonia released this four track EP as a follow up to their Dance Of December Souls debut. Actually, it's only two real songs and two instrumentals, as "Funeral Wedding" and "Shades Of Emerald Fields" are very much in the vein of the debut, the former complete with the trademark mournful guitar harmonies and some frightening screams from Jonas Renkse towards the end, and the latter featuring some almost death metal riffing and a very atmospheric outro with cleanly sung vocals by Renkse.

Read more ››
published 18.09.2003 | Comments (1)

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 240 users
06.11.2011 - 17:02
musicalkaratekid

Lumped in between their debut and their magnificent second album 'Brave murder day', this Ep wasn't really anything special. Just the same ol' doomy sound that katatnoia did so well back then.
07.08.2012 - 01:46
Rating: 7
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I think this EP is good! I would have preferred it if Epistel was the opening song (or weird interlude) leading into Funeral Wedding and having the title track be at the very end for better flow, but whatever.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
21.08.2013 - 02:01
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Nothing like the old Katatonia
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.03.2016 - 21:57
Rating: 9
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by musicalkaratekid on 06.11.2011 at 17:02

Lumped in between their debut and their magnificent second album 'Brave murder day', this Ep wasn't really anything special. Just the same ol' doomy sound that katatnoia did so well back then.

realy, I say it is I like for funeral to come song, its easy, calm, melancholic , but knowing now where band turn to and what music they play this is awesome masterpiece
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.05.2018 - 20:29
Rating: 8
frequenzangriff

Love this album, but bespite being ripped by miself from a vinyl, the audio is just muddied, distant and low volume just like on the source. The remaster allowed me like it even more as now i can listen to it properly, its sound clear and has a decent volume, im so happy

Hits total: 8814 | This month: 13