Metal Storm logo
Bands you never cared for

Original post

Posted by king_matt, 09.11.2011 - 21:49
What are some metal bands that are popular here on Metalsotrm that you don't like/never cared for?

For me it would be Immolation. I've listened to a couple of their albums, but none really appeal to me.
28.01.2014 - 23:30
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Uldreth on 28.01.2014 at 00:02

DEI is a pretty "normal" album by Meshuggah's standards, basically it is a lot like a weird groove metal album. They started doing their djentle djenty djentings with Nothing,...

I see. So basically what you're saying is that the band doesn't really sound anything like that one track I sort of like?
29.01.2014 - 02:09
Uldreth
Written by Azarath on 28.01.2014 at 23:30

Written by Uldreth on 28.01.2014 at 00:02

DEI is a pretty "normal" album by Meshuggah's standards, basically it is a lot like a weird groove metal album. They started doing their djentle djenty djentings with Nothing,...

I see. So basically what you're saying is that the band doesn't really sound anything like that one track I sort of like?

Yes and no. You would probably like Contradictions Collapse, Destroy Erase Improve and maybe Chaosphere but not anything they did after.

The band progressed quite a lot and they moved away from that sound, but at the time they sounded like it, so it is not limited to just that one track
29.01.2014 - 10:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by deadone on 29.01.2014 at 02:33

Looking at MS Top 200 album charts, here are bands popular on MS that I really don't like:

Agalloch
Avantasia
Be'lakor
Cynic
Dissection
Dream Theater
Ensiferum
Enslaved
Insomnium
Judas Priest (also the only metal band my wife hates even though she is not a metal head.)
Kamelot

There's a lot of other bands I don't like but these ones are obviously some that people will discuss.

Queensrÿche
Wintersun

Basically what's popular on MS you hate that? Eh?

And this coming from you who has liked one of shittiest albums to date. Its hilarious you rate new Carcass as 10 which for me was boring fucking reunion, you rate new CoB 8, which was very ugly record to come out with it, now the most funny thing you rate 7(which is "good") to that dumpster from Megadave which my pig won't listen to. You gave 7 to Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell which was absolute crap.

Now, the conclusion drawn upon is that ones you "never cared for" is far better than your musical taste, Mr Civil Servant.

Even if you try to take a jab on someone, you've actually failed to it.
29.01.2014 - 13:46
Uldreth
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.01.2014 at 10:47

Written by deadone on 29.01.2014 at 02:33

Looking at MS Top 200 album charts, here are bands popular on MS that I really don't like:

Agalloch
Avantasia
Be'lakor
Cynic
Dissection
Dream Theater
Ensiferum
Enslaved
Insomnium
Judas Priest (also the only metal band my wife hates even though she is not a metal head.)
Kamelot

There's a lot of other bands I don't like but these ones are obviously some that people will discuss.

Queensrÿche
Wintersun

Basically what's popular on MS you hate that? Eh?

And this coming from you who has liked one of shittiest albums to date. Its hilarious you rate new Carcass as 10 which for me was boring fucking reunion, you rate new CoB 8, which was very ugly record to come out with it, now the most funny thing you rate 7(which is "good") to that dumpster from Megadave which my pig won't listen to. You gave 7 to Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell which was absolute crap.

Now, the conclusion drawn upon is that ones you "never cared for" is far better than your musical taste, Mr Civil Servant.

Even if you try to take a jab on someone, you've actually failed to it.

Jab at someone?

What the FUCK are you on about?
29.01.2014 - 15:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Uldreth on 29.01.2014 at 13:46
Jab at someone?
What the FUCK are you on about?

I doubt even he knows...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.01.2014 - 01:48
Lit.
Account deleted
I think "Mr Cynic Metalhead" thinks it's one of those cases where one guy (deadone) decided to pick a bunch of popular bands to get a rise outta someone, and for some reasons, I don't doubt it.

The real laugh here, though, is that they both have horrible taste in music.
30.01.2014 - 05:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Dead One, I actually care about The Wiz'ard since I really like that band a lot. just like I really enjoy, to name another Aussie doom band, Rituals Of The Oak. But I can understand people not liking those bands.

but indeed what is the point of naming them when only a couple of hundred people on the planet know them. I would also list popular bands that I never cared for.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.01.2014 - 05:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Btw, as I found out a couple of years ago. the more or less band leader of The Wiz'ard used to be a member here of MS
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.01.2014 - 12:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by deadone on 30.01.2014 at 05:36

I last heard them in either 2005 or 2006 and they sucked bollocks back then. Of course they might've improved since then!

Yeah they have improved massively since then. When you last heard them they had just been around for a year or two.

Btw, last year they released a new album, so still alive and kicking they are
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.01.2014 - 01:58
Skoda
I really can't stand Machine Head. I've heard so much of it and it still hasn't stuck, and I can safely say it never will.

Korn, Tool, Slipknot (ew) anything Nu-metal... Not my thing

I've been shown/listened to a shit ton of Metalcore (Thanks to Plug.dj), and I have yet to hear anything I didn't hate out of that subgenre from any band. Just can't get over the serious downtuning, the "Angsty" vocals, and the way that the majority of the songs are constructed.

Lamb of God, Opeth, Gojira, Slayer, COB after HCD, Dragonforce, Fleshgod Apocalypse, (Insert generic Deathcore, Grindcore, etc.), Meshuggah, Mastodon, Iced Earth, Epica (Unforgivable butchering of Verdi's Dies Irae), Texas Hippie Collation, Dimmu Bor(e)gir, and a whole lot of less known bands not really worth mentioning.
----
Sleeping on his laurels.
31.01.2014 - 03:06
theFIST
Written by Skoda on 31.01.2014 at 01:58

I really can't stand Machine Head. I've heard so much of it and it still hasn't stuck, and I can safely say it never will.

I've been shown/listened to a shit ton of Metalcore (Thanks to Plug.dj), and I have yet to hear anything I didn't hate out of that subgenre from any band. Just can't get over the serious downtuning, the "Angsty" vocals, and the way that the majority of the songs are constructed.

Lamb of God, Opeth, Gojira, Slayer, COB after HCD, Dragonforce, Fleshgod Apocalypse, (Insert generic Deathcore, Grindcore, etc.), Meshuggah, Mastodon, Iced Earth, Epica (Unforgivable butchering of Verdi's Dies Irae), Texas Hippie Collation, Dimmu Bor(e)gir, and a whole lot of less known bands not really worth mentioning.

Here some Metalcore that is.... well, different:

Anyways, agreed on not caring about Gojira
also i care that little about doom i don"t even have any band names to mention
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
31.01.2014 - 07:09
no one
Account deleted

Good to see someone else who doesn't like tool. Everyone from all genres of metal seem to worship them, but i stopped having any interest in them about 10 years ago.
03.02.2014 - 19:27
Aristarchos
Written by Guest on 31.01.2014 at 07:09

Good to see someone else who doesn't like tool. Everyone from all genres of metal seem to worship them, but i stopped having any interest in them about 10 years ago.

I don't like Tool either
04.02.2014 - 01:02
Gonzo666
Account deleted
Amon Amarth....they only ever made one song.
09.02.2014 - 23:57
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Agalloch. Never listened very closely to them, so I decided to try out a couple of albums. Got bored of The Mantle and Ashes Against The Grain starts very good but is just Okay after the intro.
06.08.2014 - 16:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Man, I've had a Between The Buried And Me cd (Colors) in my truck for weeks and I just realized that I skip every song until I get to the break down in White Walls.

The rest is so overproduced and wank-y. Bleh.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.08.2014 - 17:25
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.08.2014 at 16:35

Man, I've had a Between The Buried And Me cd (Colors) in my truck for weeks and I just realized that I skip every song until I get to the break down in White Walls.

The rest is so overproduced and wank-y. Bleh.

So disagreeing, that album is just amazingly good, none wanking here, only very, very, very well made extreme Progressive Metal! But hey, can't like everything either. Have you actually tried to listen to it carefully? Between The Buried And Me sounded very odd to me at the beginning and took me a, while until I finally got into them
06.08.2014 - 19:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Fallen Ghost on 06.08.2014 at 17:25

So disagreeing, that album is just amazingly good, none wanking here, only very, very, very well made extreme Progressive Metal! But hey, can't like everything either. Have you actually tried to listen to it carefully? Between The Buried And Me sounded very odd to me at the beginning and took me a, while until I finally got into them

Trust me I've tried plenty, and I hate myself for not liking it

I don't listen to that much prog, but for example Protest The Hero absolutely blow BTBAM out of the water. They keep interesting and technical song writing in line with great vocals. Maybe it's because Colors has such long tracks, but to me it just drags on and on, and it sounds so plastic (don't even get me started on their latest) that I just don't find anything worthwhile in it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.08.2014 - 20:57
Lit.
Account deleted
>Calls BTBAM wankery
>Calls Protest The Hero "interesting and technical with great vocals."

06.08.2014 - 22:36
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.08.2014 at 19:41

Written by Fallen Ghost on 06.08.2014 at 17:25

Trust me I've tried plenty, and I hate myself for not liking it

I don't listen to that much prog, but for example Protest The Hero absolutely blow BTBAM out of the water. They keep interesting and technical song writing in line with great vocals. Maybe it's because Colors has such long tracks, but to me it just drags on and on, and it sounds so plastic (don't even get me started on their latest) that I just don't find anything worthwhile in it.

Their last one is amazing probably have to check out Protest The Hero then, sounds interesting
07.08.2014 - 05:58
Ganondox
There are too many bands I don't care for enough to care for them enough to note that I don't care for them.
08.09.2014 - 05:51
Kennoth
Written by Ganondox on 07.08.2014 at 05:58

There are too many bands I don't care for enough to care for them enough to note that I don't care for them.

My thoughts exactly.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
10.09.2014 - 23:30
Rage against the machine
----
Visit my metal/rock blog- <a href="rockyourmetaloff.blogspot.co.uk">rockyourmetaloff</a>
29.09.2014 - 14:08
Filthgrinder
Arch Enemy. I don't hate them or anything.
----