Metal Storm logo
Bands you never cared for

Original post

Posted by king_matt, 09.11.2011 - 21:49
What are some metal bands that are popular here on Metalsotrm that you don't like/never cared for?

For me it would be Immolation. I've listened to a couple of their albums, but none really appeal to me.
07.03.2012 - 05:01
Sonic MrSumo

Slayer, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, NKOTB + many, many more...
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
08.03.2012 - 05:38
Branzig

If we are talking about bands that everyone else in the metal community thinks are great but I just can't seem to get a taste for...

I'd say the biggest one is Vader...I just think there are so many other bands that do it better than them.

All the power metal bands too, just don't like the genre very much.
----
In Grind We Crust
10.03.2012 - 05:10
Thrash83

Dream Theater, Iced Earth, Slipknot(Won't touch them with a ten foot pole), BFMV(Though I doubt mentioning them on a metal forum is right), Korn(Same with Slipknot), Most Black Metal, Power Metal in general, Rammstein, Lamb of God(Though the song "Pathetic" has kind of grown on me), Megadeth during "Risk", Metallica during "St. Anger" (Although, I must admit that I don't particularly hate the album), and I could go on and on...
10.03.2012 - 05:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Ayreon-I don't know what it is, but in a battle of bands fronted by one dude using various guest musicians, I like Therion WAY, way more. Not to say Arjen is a bad musician or anything, he just loses to Therion and Chris Johanssen

Opeth-I only like one song of theirs, "Harvest" from Blackwater Park. I've got a few albums of theirs to try and see what all the malarky was about, but I just don't see it.

Amon Amarth- Same with Opeth, I only like one or two songs of theirs. I guess it's because I've heard viking metal done better by bands like Windir or something, but they just don't do it for me.

and last but not least...
Mayhem-Sure, they're a pioneering band in black metal history. Sure, they released De Mysteriiis Dom Sathanas, but just because they were the first doesn't instantly qualify them to be one of the best bands of the genre. I am in no way knocking their contributions to the genre or undermining their influence whatsoever, I just don't think they're very good. Plus, Atilla's vocals are fucking awful. Not Silencer awful, but still pretty atrocious.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.03.2012 - 05:40
Branzig

Written by LeChron James on 10.03.2012 at 05:27

Ayreon-I don't know what it is, but in a battle of bands fronted by one dude using various guest musicians, I like Therion WAY, way more. Not to say Arjen is a bad musician or anything, he just loses to Therion and Chris Johanssen

Opeth-I only like one song of theirs, "Harvest" from Blackwater Park. I've got a few albums of theirs to try and see what all the malarky was about, but I just don't see it.

Amon Amarth- Same with Opeth, I only like one or two songs of theirs. I guess it's because I've heard viking metal done better by bands like Windir or something, but they just don't do it for me.

and last but not least...
Mayhem-Sure, they're a pioneering band in black metal history. Sure, they released De Mysteriiis Dom Sathanas, but just because they were the first doesn't instantly qualify them to be one of the best bands of the genre. I am in no way knocking their contributions to the genre or undermining their influence whatsoever, I just don't think they're very good. Plus, Atilla's vocals are fucking awful. Not Silencer awful, but still pretty atrocious.

+3... except -1 for the Mayhem.

Early Mayhem just kills it.

But Opeth I don't get, Amon Amarth is really good at playing the same riffs in different keys, I just personally believe that Ayreon isn't that good.

And I forgot about Dream Theater. I hate Dream Theater. HATE.
----
In Grind We Crust
13.03.2012 - 04:59
vulgar talent

Opeth, Meshuggah, CoB and most symphonic stuff just fades into the walls and I can't hear anything except white noise.
13.03.2012 - 07:27
Grody2themax

Metallica, Anthrax, Testament, Turisas, Slayer, Behemoth, Pantera, Devin Townsend, and NIle....Thats just to name a few. I never really got much into old school thrash when I got into metal, I kind of went into the folk metal and melodic death metal stuff first, and then into death metal. And honestly, after listening to death metal, theres no way I could have a music listening sesh to any of the thrashier bands from my list. This is partly due to the vocals, but it just doesn't inspire me at all. It sounds amateur as fuck and doesn't impress me musically. Megadeth and Sodom knew how to write good songs though imo.

As for Devin Townsend and Nile...I just can't get into them but I have a lot of respect for both those bands/artists. Devin is the man, and Nile is cool as hell too.
16.03.2012 - 02:21
Mad Arab666

Metallica, slipknot, cannibal corpse and therion
----
Bring up the wolves head!
16.03.2012 - 03:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by LeChron James on 10.03.2012 at 05:27

All of this^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.03.2012 - 03:51
Crucifux
Account deleted
I've never liked Obituary. Mainly just because of how awful their vocalist is, but also because most of their music just feels really drab to me. The riffs themselves aren't too bad most of the time, but the way they execute it just ruins it all.
Also never liked Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Meshuggah, Lamb of God, and all of those kvlt bm bands.
23.03.2012 - 00:51
Vikingr

Dream Theater, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom most grindcore, anything metalcore or deathcore for me
25.03.2012 - 07:47
bran

Dream theater, korn, anthrax
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
13.01.2013 - 23:07
Capt. Fluntas

Never liked Crade of Filth, just the music isn't my style and Dani Filth (ugh ) doesn't appeal to me. Also never got into all those gothic bands like Within Temptation or My Dying Bride...time will tell, maybe some day
----
Life is one big meme.
13.01.2013 - 23:09
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by bran on 25.03.2012 at 07:47

Dream theater, korn, anthrax

exactly those three above !
14.01.2013 - 03:36
john_mcc

If I had to name one band who have me scratching me head in bewilderment at just how much they are mentioned on Metal Storm in particular, more than on other sites, it is Fleshgod Apocalypse.
14.01.2013 - 03:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by john_mcc on 14.01.2013 at 03:36

If I had to name one band who have me scratching me head in bewilderment at just how much they are mentioned on Metal Storm in particular, more than on other sites, it is Fleshgod Apocalypse.

i have seen just as many people go apeshit over that band on Dutch forums as here on MS, but tbh it also has me scratching my head in bewilderment.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2013 - 04:47
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Ministry
----
14.01.2013 - 10:43
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I have always been that guy who doesn't listen to what everyone else are listening to, so I have never liked Metallica, at all. I'm not a a thrash fan so.. There's probably many other bands I don't care about, but Metallica is the most well-known band I'm just not liking.
14.01.2013 - 13:38
SSM
Massacred
Hmmm... Dream Theater, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Anthrax, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God and a few more.
I respect them as musicians and I don't hate them/their music, but most of their music and lyrics aren't really appealing to me.
14.01.2013 - 14:47
triptych

Lacuna Coil
Offspring
Green Day
Nu-metal bands:)
----
Wine, WOMEN and rock/metal:)
15.01.2013 - 05:17
Thrashette

First one that comes to mind is Lamb of God. There's so much fanboyism for this band in the metal community around here and even amongst my friends. But I just can't see what's so special about them, no matter how many times I try to get into them... One of the most over-rated metal bands in my mind.
And yea, I find Amon Amarth over-rated too... I'll admit I do enjoy them, but it's not like they're my favourite band or even a top-tier band in my opinion. I can't quite relate to this band's fanboys either lol
And Cannibal Corpse too... I actually do like some of their songs, but they're just so generic... I can't see what the hype is
Maybe I just have low attention span, but I always found Dream Theatre too boring for the most part
10.03.2013 - 00:54
skrog1

Immolation, Naglfar, Obituary (I know, I know...), Children of Bodom.... There's more. I just can't think of any off the top of my head. I'll post more over time.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
10.03.2013 - 00:58
skrog1

Necrophagist, Iwrestledabearonce, Dillinger Escape Plan
----

10.03.2013 - 00:58
skrog1

Messuggah
----

28.06.2013 - 14:30
no one
Account deleted
Way too many, so i will just say a few that might be controversial .

iron maiden, cannibal corpse, Metallica, tool, megadeath, pantera, sterbend, totalselfhatred, weakling, thy light, happy days
04.07.2013 - 03:15
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Definitely Summoning. Along with the other "Epic" bands.

Epic = boooooooorrrrrring
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.07.2013 - 07:35
Lit.
Account deleted
As with Summoning, any atmospheric-whatever bands.

Good for insomnia, though.
04.07.2013 - 11:54
no one
Account deleted
Kids just don't have good attention spans these days
04.07.2013 - 13:37
Bulletdodger

Judas Priest, Anthrax and melodic death metal bands.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
07.07.2013 - 21:59
TrollandDie

I guess most of the NWOBHM bands apart from Iron Maiden tbh.

I just can't stand the sound in general, most of which just sounds too dated for my liking.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.