Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - New Compilation Album Details Revealed

German power metallers Blind Guardian have released this statement on their official site concerning the upcoming compilation album Memories Of A Time To Come: "Finally, after all these years, we have found the time to gather our most worthy songs into a best of compilation, representative of our career's first 25 years. From the very beginning it was important for us to undertake this project only if we could put the necessary time and attention to detail into it. With overwhelming nostalgia we have looked back on 25 years and came up with Memories Of A Time To Come, an organic mixture of some of our greatest songs."

"With the exception of "Sacred Worlds", all songs on Memories Of A Time To Come have been remixed while "The Bard's Song - The Hobbit", "Valhalla" as well as "And Then There Was Silence" have been re-recorded. This album contains some very pleasant surprises for the die-hard Blind Guardian fan and delivers a perfect image of our musical spirit to those who are not, or just loosely, familiar with the band. Memories Of A Time To Come precisely defines our progression and the long-standing dedication to our music. We are proud to present an album that will take the listener on a musical voyage. This year's Christmas will be in January!"

Memories Of A Time To Come, the ultimate collection of Blind Guardian music from 1987 to 2011, will be released on January 20th, 2012 via Virgin/EMI. It will be available as a double CD, 3 CD deluxe limited edition including the legendary Lucifer's Heritage demos and as download.

CD I:

01. Imaginations From The Other Side (7:11) *
02. Nightfall (5:34) *
03 Ride Into Obsession (4:46) *
04. Somewhere Far Beyond (7:32) *
05. Majesty (7:29) *
06. Traveler In Time (6:01) *
07. Follow The Blind (7:11) *
08. The Last Candle (6:03) *

CD II:

01. Sacred Worlds (9:17)
02. This Will Never End (5:07) *
03. Valhalla (5:13) **
04. Bright Eyes (5:15) *
05. Mirror Mirror (5:09) *
06. The Bard's Song (In The Forest) (3:26) *
07. The Bard's Song (The Hobbit) (3:41) **
08. And Then There Was Silence (14:06) **

CD III: (only available with the deluxe limited edition)

01. Brian ***
02. Halloween (The Wizard's Crown) ***
03. Lucifer's Heritage ***
04. Symphonies Of Doom ***
05. Dead Of The Night ***
06. Majesty
07. Trial By The Archon
08. Battalions Of Fear
09. Run For The Night
10. Lost In The Twilight Hall
11. Tommyknockers
12. Ashes To Ashes
13. Time What Is Time
14. A Past And Future Secret
15. The Script For My Requiem

* Remixed 2011
** Re-recorded 2011
*** Re-worked 2011

Source: blind-guardian.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 11.11.2011 by Skald fra Norden

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 268 users
11.11.2011 - 12:36
giok99

Very nice. Best Ever Epic song re-recorded. Can't wait
----
Nothing is real
11.11.2011 - 13:09
Rulatore

Re-recordeds songs, will worth
11.11.2011 - 14:02
GT
Coffee!!
I'm probably buying this. Will be interesting to hear the old Lucifer's Heritage tracks in a re-worked edition
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.11.2011 - 14:49
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Re-Recorded 'And Then There Was Silence'? wow. I wonder why... maybe to make it more like the live version? I'm very interested to hear this, that song must be so hard to record and if they're rerecording it completely, it must mean some major changes. I'm also pumped to hear the old lucifer's heritage tracks!
11.11.2011 - 15:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 11.11.2011 at 14:02

I'm probably buying this. Will be interesting to hear the old Lucifer's Heritage tracks in a re-worked edition

its true , but better is re relise or re record old albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.11.2011 - 15:55
GT
Coffee!!
Yea a re-recording had been better, but a re-release wouldn't help. I've heard them and the quality isn't good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.11.2011 - 15:59
Rulatore

Dont see the point of re-release an album. Would be awesome if some bands re-record their old albums ( or a compilation of re-recorded old songs, like Destruction did in 2007 )
11.11.2011 - 16:02
Kingface

I love it when remix/re-recordings like this are done well, so I'm really looking forward to this. The artwork is amazing again too.
11.11.2011 - 16:41
JPR

JUST GREAT!!!!!! though i would love a reworked version of "time what is time"
11.11.2011 - 17:58
opeth771

To make it interesting, they should have completely re-recorded all of those songs...
11.11.2011 - 18:13
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Very disapointed with the tracklisting... I'm still a bit excited about the re-recordings though. Might end up getting it.
----
THRASH!!!
11.11.2011 - 18:13
Edmund Fogg

Wow! Epic Cover art and epic tracklist. I would've like to see Noldor or The Curse of Feanor on that list, but the LH stuff makes up for it.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
11.11.2011 - 18:56
kaspair

Interesting title and artwork, but nothing special...
----
Last FM
11.11.2011 - 19:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Not a fan of the band, but this is a compilation that actually makes sense. Kudos.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.11.2011 - 04:02
mikeprado30

Just waiting to hear the new ATTWS!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
12.11.2011 - 14:24
Enissa

Awesome news, and artwork!
12.11.2011 - 19:37
iMorphball

Written by WorpeX on 11.11.2011 at 14:49

Re-Recorded 'And Then There Was Silence'? wow. I wonder why... maybe to make it more like the live version? I'm very interested to hear this, that song must be so hard to record and if they're rerecording it completely, it must mean some major changes. I'm also pumped to hear the old lucifer's heritage tracks!

Probably that, or to rerecord it with the orchestra and recording techniques they used on their latest album. I'm down, but would've loved to hear the 80's material included, rerecorded. Probably wouldn't turn out as good, but, still, it'd be an interesting twist.
12.11.2011 - 20:01
RavenKing

I guess, by the artwork (blue and orange), that the cover has been done by that Felipe Machado something. If bands continue to work with him, soon it will become very confusing to differentiate Powermetal bands by the album cover, they will all look the same.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
12.11.2011 - 22:11
Pazu

I don't like how the standard edition only comes with half the songs, but aside from that, great news.
13.11.2011 - 04:05
mikeprado30

Written by RavenKing on 12.11.2011 at 20:01

I guess, by the artwork (blue and orange), that the cover has been done by that Felipe Machado something. If bands continue to work with him, soon it will become very confusing to differentiate Powermetal bands by the album cover, they will all look the same.

Haha, that's true! Felipe's art style is the same for all his works
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
13.11.2011 - 05:20
RavenKing

Written by mikeprado30 on 13.11.2011 at 04:05

Written by RavenKing on 12.11.2011 at 20:01

Haha, that's true! Felipe's art style is the same for all his works

Some covers he did are not bad at all. Problem is he seems unable to bring variation. Like you're saying, it's the same style all the time. It will get old quite fast at this rate.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.11.2011 - 21:59
nb

If a band is one of my favorites and I have all their discography, I just rather listen to all the Cds instead of a compilation.

Hits total: 4838 | This month: 5