Metal Storm logo
Best Metallica song

10.10.2006 - 23:33
darksun
metallica is a legend we all know that(please try to forget st.anger disaster for now)
to me best song of metallica no leaf clover especially the one in S&M.So are the unforgivens.I wanna learn hich metallica is loved more.The one before black album or the one between b and st.anger?
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
12.10.2006 - 02:35
Bitch Boy
A very very difficult one!! My favorite song is One, maybe because of its progression, the solos, and the drums, but when Master of Puppets or many other songs come to my mind I can't just say that One is the best.
12.10.2006 - 02:48
Endoftherainbow
For me the best Metallica song is Hit the Lights. Aggressive thrash song with lots of solos what more could you ask for. Anything from Kill 'Em All is my favorite though that album kicks some serious ass. Anything without Cliff though is pretty much complete shit with the exception of S&M that was a fucking awsome cd.
12.10.2006 - 03:58
Baz Anderson
staff
well, i havent listened to Metallica in a long long long time
i would only probably enjoy their first four albums now anyway

favorite song?
i dont know really - maybe 'The Four Horsemen' or the classic 'Battery' or 'One' has some aspects i really like about it as well. 'The Thing That Should Not Be' seems to bring all sorts of nostalgic memories back for some reason too
its hard to really pick one song though, but it would be one from their first four albums
12.10.2006 - 05:53
?Bodomchild?
Written by Endoftherainbow on 12.10.2006 at 02:48

For me the best Metallica song is Hit the Lights. Aggressive thrash song with lots of solos what more could you ask for. Anything from Kill 'Em All is my favorite though that album kicks some serious ass. Anything without Cliff though is pretty much complete shit with the exception of S&M that was a fucking awsome cd.

Yeah man im agree with you every song from Kill 'Em All kick ass and from that album i keep with No Remorse and very close Phantom Lord
----
asd
12.10.2006 - 10:13
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
My favourite of all their Songs are by far "One" and "Fade To Black"
but i also like "No Leaf Clover" from the S&M
................the list goes on forever
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
12.10.2006 - 10:31
Eight
Shapeshifter
'Fade To Black', 'Battery' and 'Memory Remains' these are my favourite songs.
But Best i think is 'Unforgiven' 2-nd.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
12.10.2006 - 11:00
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Battery is defineitely my favourite Metallica song... after all, nothing that I can recall showed such articuletd fercocity as that one particular track did for its time, imo. (as did almost all other Metallica tracks of that period ).
12.10.2006 - 13:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, for me, it's not a hard choice, I have my absolute #1, then for #2, I could think for days.... My absolutely favourite Metallica song is Fade To Black, this song just gives me shivers, especially the ending of it.

And from what this topic is going, I still love post-the-black-album-Metallica just as much as their previous works, even though for me their best albums are Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets, for instance Bleeding Me from Load is IMHO a great, excellent song, one of my favourites, and so are many others. Sadly, St. Anger truly did not offer anything good and new, I can't find a single song in that album that I'd like.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.10.2006 - 14:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
Master of Puppets without doubt! One of the most important songs for me, it is heavy, thrashy, catchy, beautiful ... all you need!
----
12.10.2006 - 15:27
Basso
Account deleted
St. Anger no doubt! It's just so fucking good I cant get enough of it. Damn best song ever.

Phun intended....

Ofc. Master of Puppets is the best. and that is by far.
12.10.2006 - 19:42
Mega-Slayer
I listen to Metallica so much that I am always changing opinions,latley I have been listening to old school thrash like "Kill Em' All"."Show No Mercy","Bonded By Blood" and "Feel The Fire",So as of now "Motorbreath" and "Hit The Lights" are my favs.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
12.10.2006 - 20:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the song in question is either master of puppets(overall an excellent song,and overwhelmingly catchy) or disposable heroes(the most aggression by james "wuss" hetfield,and good instrumentation,beyond catchiness)
13.10.2006 - 00:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I think "blackened" is my favourite. That riff just kills me
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.10.2006 - 02:41
Damned-In-Black
Creeping Death.

One of the few that has stayed interesting over time, for me. I don't listen to them much at all, anymore.
13.10.2006 - 10:17
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
its so hard to pick one specific song. the foloowing list is a couple of my fav songs. and yes they are all form kill em all to the justcice album (the 80's):
-Master of Puppets
-Fade To Black
-One
-Hit the Lights
-Blackened
-Battery
-Creeping Death

All great Metallica songs, weith great riffs, solos, everything. Brilliant.
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
13.10.2006 - 12:53
hammetallica
Account deleted
I have all of their albums, so my mind changes a lot. I like Bleeding me, the owtlaw torn, for whom the bell tolls, the unforgiven(s), and many others. My favorites two songs are Fade to black and Call of Ktulu, amazing riffs and solos.

13.10.2006 - 17:35
DeadElven
My best Metallica song is "Escape", it was the best for me and it will be
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
15.10.2006 - 06:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Fight Fire With Fire has always been my favorite Metallica song. I love the heavy, crunching guitar riff, the tune of the solo, and Lars' double bass. However, Creeping Death and Ride the Lightning come pretty close. Creeping Death has great vocals and an awesome breakdown, while Ride the Lightning has an amazing guitar solo. Well, and now that I'm thinking about it, Disposable Heroes is another song that has always been among my favorites. It's by far the best song on that album and I feel that it is underrated.

Another one of my favorites is Hit the Lights because of the energy and lengthy guitar solo.
15.10.2006 - 20:06
DyNo!!
Account deleted
mmmh, looks like i'm the only that i think "until it sleeps" it's their best one... yes, load was a little "surprising" album, but i think it's so damn misunderstood!
15.10.2006 - 23:27
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Come on, it has to be "For Whom the Bell Tolls". It has probably the best intro ever, and it belongs to the best album in Thrash Metal history. In addition, the lyrics have a deep antimilitarist and pacifist meaning, being the peak at "Take a look to the sky just before you die / It's the last time you will!". Just wonderful.

Other than that, I like "Seek And Destroy" and "Ride the Lightning" a lot. I can't see why people love the song "Master of Puppets" so much when there are some other songs in the same album which are just as good, if not better, than "MoP": Battery or Leper Messiah to name a couple.
21.10.2006 - 01:00
Fallen'Angel
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
22.10.2006 - 22:08
Remus
Choosing the best Metallica song is like deciding which KFC piece is the best: yeah the breast is tender but the drum-stick is so indulging - see, it's impossible! Having said that, "Creeping Death" , "My Friend of Misery" and "Battery" spring to mind.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
23.10.2006 - 01:55
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Best is definitely Disposable Heroes it's been my fav for the second I bought the album 20 years ago
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
26.10.2006 - 20:04
barryjones335
Account deleted
for me..its a cross between "the thing that should not be", "metal militia", or "disposable heroes"
31.10.2006 - 00:22
SeaSun
Account deleted
It used to be One, but I've heard it so many times, the magic wore off some. I'll stick with Master Of Puppets...
31.10.2006 - 01:25
ecceratus
Account deleted
Harvester Of Sorrow & Blackened
31.10.2006 - 09:15
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Dyers Eve. Total. Ownage.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
01.11.2006 - 01:59
Ultraraw
Account deleted
harsh metal song,,Unforgiven,, is my favourite song
01.11.2006 - 10:40
Bengans
Account deleted
Easy... Master Of Puppets is one of my favourite songs over all. I'ts really great.