5.5 | 4 votes

Comments

Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 49 users
14.11.2011 - 23:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Didn't really find this funny at all. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.11.2011 - 14:22
Daniell
_爱情_
Being a Slayer fan myself, I feel really embarrassed about such people. It's a perfect example of how the general public perceives fans of extreme metal - screaming retards.
16.11.2011 - 02:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Daniell on 15.11.2011 at 14:22
Being a Slayer fan myself, I feel really embarrassed about such people. It's a perfect example of how the general public perceives fans of extreme metal - screaming retards.

And those are the kinds of fans that the media preys on. You never know if these people are doing it for the attention or if they're actually too stupid to realize they're being publicly mocked.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.11.2011 - 15:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Slaaaaaayyyyyeeer!

More than 100 hamburgers were harmed under the making of this video.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.11.2011 - 10:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2011 at 02:26
And those are the kinds of fans that the media preys on.

Well, the media does carry a lot of the reponsibility for promoting negative stereotypes of certain groups of people. The media will be much more interested in publicly showing greatly exaggerated stereotypes, as that is what attracts viewers/readers. Nobody is interested in the quiet, normal acting people of a certain group/culture, so it's the outlandish and ridiculous types of people who do get the spotlight. Which has the negative effect of making everyone outwith that group of people think that is how everyone in that group behaves and acts. As a Slayer fan, it is saddening that people outwith the metal community have the impression that this is the way all extreme metal fans behave.
18.11.2011 - 10:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 10:32
Well, the media does carry a lot of the reponsibility for promoting negative stereotypes of certain groups of people. The media will be much more interested in publicly showing greatly exaggerated stereotypes, as that is what attracts viewers/readers. Nobody is interested in the quiet, normal acting people of a certain group/culture, so it's the outlandish and ridiculous types of people who do get the spotlight. Which has the negative effect of making everyone outwith that group of people think that is how everyone in that group behaves and acts. As a Slayer fan, it is saddening that people outwith the metal community have the impression that this is the way all extreme metal fans behave.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
----
18.11.2011 - 16:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Unfortunately Slayer has loads of fans such as this guy. I am of the opinion that Slayer has some of the most brain dead hardcore fans around.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2011 - 23:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2011 at 16:29

Unfortunately Slayer has loads of fans such as this guy. I am of the opinion that Slayer has some of the most brain dead hardcore fans around.

Pantera fans as well.

As much as this video is a real embarrassment, isn't the ability to laugh at it, thus realizing it's absurdity, a good sign that we're indeed not all like that?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.11.2011 - 07:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Doc G. on 18.11.2011 at 23:58
Pantera fans as well.

As much as this video is a real embarrassment, isn't the ability to laugh at it, thus realizing it's absurdity, a good sign that we're indeed not all like that?

I think the more extreme the genre of metal, the more fans like that (like the guy in the video) you're likely to find in it. It seems that most people (guys in particular) who are drawn to extreme metal are wannabe tough guys, who seem to feel like if they're not being as loud and obnoxious as possible, then they're not being "real metalheads". Certainly in my experience of going to gigs played by extreme bands, most of the crowd seems to be made up of guys like that...

Well, of course we're not all like that, but it seems like the only ones who realise we're not all like that, is us ourselves. Most outsiders probably do think we're all like that, and I can't really say I blame them, unfortunately. The media loves the loud, obnoxious, and ridiculous, so that is the image that is fed to the masses.
19.11.2011 - 07:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.11.2011 at 07:00
It seems that most people (guys in particular) who are drawn to extreme metal are wannabe tough guys, who seem to feel like if they're not being as loud and obnoxious as possible, then they're not being "real metalheads".

Nah that's just mostly a result of a lack of sun.
----
19.11.2011 - 07:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.11.2011 at 07:10
Nah that's just mostly a result of a lack of sun.

Isn't it goths who believe they're vampires?
19.11.2011 - 07:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.11.2011 at 07:14
Isn't it goths who believe they're vampires?

Admittedly it's too difficult for me to keep up with what scenes follow what rules.
----
19.11.2011 - 07:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.11.2011 at 07:17
Admittedly it's too difficult for me to keep up with what scenes follow what rules.

Scenes having "rules" is daft, but I guess most people believe if you like a certain type of music (including all sub-genres of metal) then that also has to mean that you have to dress and act in a certain way in order to "prove" that. lol
19.11.2011 - 11:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Pantera fans as well.

Let me guarantee you hardcore Slayer fans are totally the worst.
I don't know what it is that attracts that amount of such fans to Slayer and not to any other bands or even genres.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2011 - 01:37
Mattybu

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.11.2011 at 11:33

Pantera fans as well.

Let me guarantee you hardcore Slayer fans are totally the worst.
I don't know what it is that attracts that amount of such fans to Slayer and not to any other bands or even genres.

Mmm I would probably say Pantera is worse, but I guess that's just me, I am a big Slayer fan myself and I am probably among the most chill and relaxed people of their fan base

Honestly I would say what attracts people is that of the most well known thrash bands they're probably the most evil and aggressive sounding, so people who haven't heard much else will think that Slayer is pretty much the most badass of them all, now that's not for sure but just my theory. I don't actually know.

Hits total: 3520 | This month: 8