What ia your favourite album?

Addicted7
Deconstruction4
Ki1
Ghost1

Total votes: 13

whatsacow

16.11.2011 at 06:51
Devin Townsend has released four newish records under what he dubs: The Devin Townsend Project. This was a process of self discovery and was basically his attempt to write music while not on drugs. This has resulted in four exceptionally good albums. The question is simple. Which is your favourite? At the moment mine would have to be Deconstruction, because, to me, it ties together everything he has done during his career.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

16.11.2011 at 08:20
I tried listening to a few songs from SYL and Devin's Project, but nothing clicked. I remember I listened to one album...had a white cover with what looked like a bar graph or something on it. Didn't mind some of the songs but there were moments that were just simply awful.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
IronAngel

16.11.2011 at 20:00
Addicted all the way. Possibly the best album he's made after SYL, and at least since Terria. Good songs, no bullshit. The rest of the Project range from OK (Deconstruction) to awful (Ghost).
whatsacow

17.11.2011 at 09:00
Written by IronAngel on 16.11.2011 at 20:00

Addicted all the way. Possibly the best album he's made after SYL, and at least since Terria. Good songs, no bullshit. The rest of the Project range from OK (Deconstruction) to awful (Ghost).

Ghost is awesome. Not metal, but still awesome. And so is Ki. But nah... I love addicted, but for some reason deconstruction just appeals to me the most. Terria is his best overall album though... then Ziltoid.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
IronAngel

17.11.2011 at 10:43
I don't care whether Ghost is metal or not; I prefer and mostly listen to non-metal anyway. It's just that I have nothing positive to say about Ghost. The production is sterile and bland, and there's not a single memorable melody or rhythm on the album. I seriously cannot remember anything about the album after it stops playing. It's not offensively bad or disruptive, but I just find it a pointless exercise. Ki is OK though somewhat uneven.
whatsacow

17.11.2011 at 12:11
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2011 at 08:20

I tried listening to a few songs from SYL and Devin's Project, but nothing clicked. I remember I listened to one album...had a white cover with what looked like a bar graph or something on it. Didn't mind some of the songs but there were moments that were just simply awful.

He's very varied. That was addicted, which is quite different to his usual stuff. Listen to Terria, and if you dont like that, then I'll know you dont like devin.

Written by IronAngel on 17.11.2011 at 10:43

I don't care whether Ghost is metal or not; I prefer and mostly listen to non-metal anyway. It's just that I have nothing positive to say about Ghost. The production is sterile and bland, and there's not a single memorable melody or rhythm on the album. I seriously cannot remember anything about the album after it stops playing. It's not offensively bad or disruptive, but I just find it a pointless exercise. Ki is OK though somewhat uneven.

I'm a massive fan of ambient music. Stuff like post rock, post metal, drone metal etc. so maybe thats why I liked them more.
----
IronAngel

17.11.2011 at 21:50
Written by whatsacow on 17.11.2011 at 12:11

Written by IronAngel on 17.11.2011 at 10:43

I'm a massive fan of ambient music. Stuff like post rock, post metal, drone metal etc. so maybe thats why I liked them more.

Same here, mate. Peter Broderick, Rafael Anton Irisarri, Earth, Boris, Talk Talk, Stars Of The Lid, Bohren & Der Club Of Gore, GY!BE, etc. etc. are some of my favorite artists. That's actually why I think I didn't like it: I've heard so much better. But whatever, a matter of taste!
HeavyMetalBullet

17.11.2011 at 22:06
Voted for Addicted as it's still my favourite but having just seen Devin play Ghost at Union Chapel in London last weekend that one really is creeping up the list, it's not heavy but it is good and hearing it in an intimate chapel venue was amazing... also the little chuckle to myself at the sight of about 400 metal heads queueing to get into a church
----
Heavy Metal Bullet
Blog for New Metal Bands and Album/Gig Reviews
http://heavymetalbullet.blogspot.com/
JÄY
Metal slave

18.11.2011 at 08:28
Written by whatsacow on 17.11.2011 at 12:11

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2011 at 08:20

He's very varied. That was addicted, which is quite different to his usual stuff. Listen to Terria, and if you dont like that, then I'll know you dont like devin.

I would have to suggest trying SYL again, before you re-listen to devins solo stuff
BloodTears
Stella Artois

19.11.2011 at 18:41
Voted for Addicted. Still my favourite. Even though I still feel like the others still have a lot of room to grow on me more.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.
Darkside Momo
Lazy, just lazy

19.02.2012 at 02:21
Easy for me: Deconstruction, without doubt! Addicted was good, but I do prefer Devin's crazier side.
----

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." - Ray Bradbury

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.