Metal Storm logo
Autumn - New Song Streaming Online

"Retrospect", a brand new song from Dutch symphonic rock/metal band Autumn is now streaming online at this location. The song comes off the band's latest album Cold Comfort, freshly released through Metal Blade Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: yellmagazine.com
Band profile: Autumn
Posted: 16.11.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 66 users
16.11.2011 - 20:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Terrible song. :|
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.11.2011 - 20:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2011 at 20:06

Terrible song. :|

Actually, that is one of the worst songs I've heard in a while. Gosh...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.11.2011 - 22:53
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I like some other songs on this album more, but this one is as always loaded with great lyrics and I'm enjoying it more and more with each listen. The album took about five listens to open up to me, but I've already decided it's better than Altitude. It now highlights a bleaker, murkier mindset, just the way I like it, with better vocal lines
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
16.11.2011 - 23:06
muska

Awful, hope the album has something much better to offer, but i won't hold my breath, after Altitude looks like the only way for them is downhill... /sad
16.11.2011 - 23:30
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by muska on 16.11.2011 at 23:06

hope the album has something much better to offer

Sadly, it hasn't.
16.11.2011 - 23:48
Milena
gloom cookie
I'm pretty much on the same page as dismal, on the first listen I liked half of it, but it draws me further in, and the lyrics are to my liking as well.
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.11.2011 - 05:15
Susan
Smeghead
It's really hard to judge a song out of context. I remember threads like this where the song was universally denounced by listeners, then months later everyone loved the album. Too hard to tell.

For me it just sounded like more of the same from Altitude. That was a fine album but just lacked the passion and purpose of My New Time, which was a masterpiece. Altitude had more of a relaxed, straightforward rock-ish aspect and this song seems to as well. Not that it isn't very nice... just hopefully the album will bring some surprises.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.11.2011 - 05:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Something tells me listening to this song in context won't change my mind Lyr.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.11.2011 - 00:03
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Susan on 17.11.2011 at 05:15

It's really hard to judge a song out of context. I remember threads like this where the song was universally denounced by listeners, then months later everyone loved the album. Too hard to tell.

Now you made me think about Imaginaerum kicking the shit out of our cynical asses
----
7.0 means the album is good
18.11.2011 - 01:42
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Milena on 18.11.2011 at 00:03

Written by Susan on 17.11.2011 at 05:15

Now you made me think about Imaginaerum kicking the shit out of our cynical asses

Who's that?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.11.2011 - 02:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Susan on 18.11.2011 at 01:42
Who's that?

Nightwish.
----
18.11.2011 - 06:06
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2011 at 02:10

Written by Susan on 18.11.2011 at 01:42
Who's that?

Nightwish.

Ah, yes. I lost interest in them. Hopefully Autumn won't suffer the same fate. Doubtful.. even though they've lost some of their originality the music is still quite nice. This song sounds like it'll grow on us like Jason indicated.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.11.2011 - 23:17
albatros

I went to two of their presentation shows for the new album in The Netherlands. I totally enjoyed both gigs, including this song. This is just how they are .. love it or leave it

.. and they are still a phantastic live band.
24.11.2011 - 17:56
BudDa

I really like this song. Its also, in my opinion, one of the better songs on the album. The album is good too.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 2698 | This month: 2