Metal Storm logo
Favorite Machine Head studio album?

Poll

Your Favorite Machine Head studio album?

Burn My Eyes (1994)
The Blackening (2007)
The More Things Change... (1997)
Through the Ashes of Empires (2003/04)
The Burning Red (1999)
Supercharger (2001)
Unto the Locust (2011)

Total votes: 10
20.11.2011 - 00:19
blacktooth85
I'm curious to see what you guys think. Ever since "The Blackening" was released alot of people were saying that it's MH best album. I do think it's a killer album, but i find it to be a little over-hyped. I don't think it has anything on "Burn My Eyes"... My favorite Machine Head album. I'm really diggin "Unto the Locust" too... I'm pretty much of fan of all of their albums with the exception of "Burning Red" and "Supercharger" as most people aren't. There's a few songs one those 2 album that are alright i guess.
20.11.2011 - 03:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I went with Through the Ashes. It tends to start going bad near the end, but more than half of the songs on there are really awesome. And the intro to Imperium gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.11.2011 - 09:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"The More Things Change...". It has a darker, more atmospheric vibe than any of their other albums, which gives it a touch more depth than anything else they've done. I was torn between this one and "Burn My Eyes", but TMTC just won out as it's a little more engaging.
22.11.2011 - 11:01
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
"Through The Ashes Of Empires" all the way for me. Burn My Eyes and The Blackening may be 'better in their own fields, but TTAOE is filled to the brim with raw emotion so it easily wins.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.11.2011 - 17:48
JD
Account deleted
This is hard for me, it's close call between "Burn My Eyes" and "TMTC".

Voted for "BME", since Davidian is my all time favorite Machine Head's song.