Metal Storm logo
Cattle Decapitation - Vocalist To Make Guest Appearance On Upcoming Soulfly Album

Metal Blade press release:

Cattle Decapitation vocalist Travis Ryan has recently recorded vocals for the new Soulfly album due early 2012 on Roadrunner Records. Travis recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, CA, with engineer Dan Frick and the result was extremely positive.

"It's an honor to receive a call from someone you had pictures of on your wall as a kid asking you to be on a new album of theirs. I literally had a picture of Max and Gloria holding Richie in her arms that I ripped out of a copy of Metal Maniacs on my wall when I was 15 or 16. Now they're asking for my artistic hand in one of their creations, just doesn't get much more surreal than that. Very honored and the song is very "death metal-ish" and completely crushes. Happy to be a part of it!"

The producer of Soulfly's new album, Zeuss (Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, The Red Chord) responded to the delivery of Travis' tracks saying "The vocals fucking rule! Fits the song perfect... Very refreshing for me to hear these days."

Cattle Decapitation recently announced the status of their new album writing process and will be entering Flatline Audio Studios in Denver, CO, in January to record. Fans can expect an early Spring 2012 release date on Metal Blade Records.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Cattle Decapitation
Posted: 21.11.2011 by warensemble

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 46 users
21.11.2011 - 19:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What? "Very death metal-ish." Ya okay.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.11.2011 - 20:18
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
"Very death metal-ish" so....are we supposed to expect some massive growls in that too??!! Lets see....
22.11.2011 - 04:54
JD
Account deleted
Mehhh
22.11.2011 - 11:53
midland_don

Hmmmmm. Cattle Decap are awesome but Soulfly are pretty boring these days. Not sure if he should have rejected the call.
26.11.2011 - 08:27
second_coming89
Account deleted
He is? Ewwwww, why?
to me that's just so offputting.

Hits total: 2035 | This month: 4