Line-up on the CD:
Leviathan Thisiren - vocals
Patrick Evil - guitar
Margar - bass
Anthony "Evil Hobbit" Lopez - drums

Staff review by
Troy Killjoy
Rating:
Satan's Host began as a respectable blasphemous heavy metal outfit. Then they broke up. Then they reformed, blasted the world away with their Satanic-themed blackened death metal onslaught, then set out to release By The Hands Of The Devil.

Harry Conklin of Jag Panzer fame is back manning the mic, and his piercing clean vocals dominate the album. The instrumentation is typical of a heavy metal album, but Patrick Evil apparently forgot his pick at home and had to use one of Abbath's, and the Evil Hobbit was dreaming of Inferno before the recording process, making for a blatantly black metal influenced heavy metal opus.

Read more ››
published 30.04.2011 | Comments (9)

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 149 users
26.11.2011 - 19:07
Rating: 10
Vikcen
Metálico
This album is tremendous, absolutely awesome, nice mix of black and heavy metal , I don't have favorites (ummm maybe Fallen Angel?) all the songs stand out, well! with Bleeding Hearts Of The Damned resting a bit the disc =). Without doubt one of the albums of the year.

27.11.2011 - 11:56
Rating: 8
Charly546

Really cool power metal (not the flowery kind, the USPM kind). Though the lyrics are a bit campy... But that doesn't detract from anything. Far better that anything Jag Panzer has put out recently.

BTW, they also have a new album out as well, consisting of stuff from their previous albums rerecorded (also vocal lines have been rewritten for The Tyrant).
05.12.2011 - 22:13
Vikcen
Metálico
My god, the drum in this album is awesome, stands out especially , excellent work. La madre que te parió Evil Hobbit!!!

Written by Charly546 on 27.11.2011 at 11:56

BTW, they also have a new album out as well, consisting of stuff from their previous albums rerecorded (also vocal lines have been rewritten for The Tyrant).

Umm, are you referring to this?: http://www.satanshost.com/2012/musicCFTLOS.html
05.12.2011 - 22:52
Charly546

Written by Vikcen on 05.12.2011 at 22:13

Umm, are you referring to this?: http://www.satanshost.com/2012/musicCFTLOS.html

Yeah, that one. My only gripe about that one is that there aren't more songs from "Metal From Hell".
05.12.2011 - 23:05
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Charly546 on 05.12.2011 at 22:52

Written by Vikcen on 05.12.2011 at 22:13

Yeah, that one. My only gripe about that one is that there aren't more songs from "Metal From Hell".

. Precisely i was thinking to check the first album Metal From Hell from them, i will check it soon. Well, i just ordered this "For The Love Of Satan" via PayPal, it is not expensive: 13,03 ?, i want more!! i hope this current lineup continue making more albums in the future.

By the way i love the cover song Norwegian Wood , awesome =).
06.12.2011 - 11:59
Charly546

Written by Vikcen on 05.12.2011 at 23:05

. Precisely i was thinking to check the first album Metal From Hell from them, i will check it soon. Well, i just ordered this "For The Love Of Satan" via PayPal, it is not expensive: 13,03 ?, i want more!! i hope this current lineup continue making more albums in the future.

By the way i love the cover song Norwegian Wood , awesome =).

The first album, "Metal From Hell", is great. A small warning though: it has pretty bad production.

Yeah, that The Beatles cover song is awesome. Which is kinda surprising, because usually The Beatles covers suck.
11.06.2012 - 12:16
Rating: 9
Necrodamus

One of the greatest if not THE greatest of last year, this album is simply amazing. Such a top notch performance by everyone, I can't wait to see what they will do on the next
17.06.2012 - 21:06
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Necrodamus on 11.06.2012 at 12:16

I can't wait to see what they will do on the next

Yeah, i can't wait either hehe =) but try with the last after this in 2011: CELEBRATION For The Love Of Satan also highly recommended, very good, also with Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin on the vocals.
27.09.2012 - 00:01
Sync
Account deleted
Amazing album, and the vocals are just insane. I'll be definitely exited for whatever they throw out of hell next!

Hits total: 6865 | This month: 14