Metal Storm logo
Novembers Doom

Original post

Posted by Detric, 12.10.2006 - 17:18
I just thought they deserved a thread of their own. Im listening to their latest album The Pale Haunt Depature right now, good album, good band. Im looking forward to hear their new album The Novella Reservoir, I dont know when it will be released but I hope Dan Swanö will produce this album as well. Are any of you guys into Novembers Doom?
11.07.2009 - 08:07
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I just received the new album yesterday in the mail, and with the first listen I really only liked a few tracks. After 3-4 listens though a quick read through the lyrics (yet again Paul seems to find a way to create some interesting words), the album opened up quite a lot for me.

And yes, the last track is one of the best, which is unusual for me to think that since it's one of the slowest on the album. From what I've seen online, many people enjoy "When Desperation Fill the Void" very much as well. I'd say for the more death oriented tracks, the second one is quickly my choice, as it has the more unique touches to it of the heavy tracks. Yet again, even though I live in the US, I've never had the chance to see them live. Maybe I'll have to make another trip to the EU and catch them on tour there !
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.07.2009 - 08:42
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Jason W. on 11.07.2009 at 08:07

I just received the new album yesterday in the mail, and with the first listen I really only liked a few tracks. After 3-4 listens though a quick read through the lyrics (yet again Paul seems to find a way to create some interesting words), the album opened up quite a lot for me.

And yes, the last track is one of the best, which is unusual for me to think that since it's one of the slowest on the album. From what I've seen online, many people enjoy "When Desperation Fill the Void" very much as well. I'd say for the more death oriented tracks, the second one is quickly my choice, as it has the more unique touches to it of the heavy tracks. Yet again, even though I live in the US, I've never had the chance to see them live. Maybe I'll have to make another trip to the EU and catch them on tour there !

Man, I've got to get hold of this album ASAP! I guess I'll download it this weekend since getting albums like this here is pretty difficult, and expensive. It sucks. But from what you say, it does sound like a great album, so I just to want to listen to it as soon as I can.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.05.2011 - 20:14
Tetravirulence

For me their best album is Pale Haunt Departure absolutely great
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)