Metal Storm logo
Alexisonfire

12.10.2006 - 18:23
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
I have always loved the band Alexisonfire and I want to know of anyone else in Metalstorm simply agrees that they are a good band or that they suck. I just want to know your opinion. For those who have never heard of Alexisonfire, I recommend you listen to their album "Watch Out!". by far the best album to give their band a good name.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
12.10.2006 - 18:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have heard of them of course because they were big here for awhile...I wouldn't agree that they are hardcore punk and rather that they are emo/screamo...I can't stand the vocals though...they're needlessly shouted out in a screaming manner with emo vocals thrown in behind it...if I heard correctly, they use better chord structures then punk bands which would probably put them in a different catagory...that's why they are probably emo/screamo because those bands don't use crappy up-and-down-the-fret-board power chords...their music seems well composed and put together save the vocals...one thing I can never stand about emo/screamo...
13.10.2006 - 01:01
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
People were calling this style post-hardcore for a while and as far as this particular genre of music goes, Alexisonfire isnt so bad. This kind of music isnt really my cup of tea but Ive heard many demos etc. from bands of this ilk over the years and most of them were far worse than this band.
13.10.2006 - 15:07
adorina
Account deleted
I happen to like the band quite a lot, though I really can´t listen to them a lot without getting tired. Good band, I´d say The vocals are interesting, too.
13.10.2006 - 17:27
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Why thank you adorina! Someone who understands! I don't worship the ground they walk on but I do say that some songs just put me in a good mood. About the emo/screamo...well, I think the screams are somewhat a cross between Eighteen Visions and Trivium. not so bad, I may say.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
31.10.2006 - 04:40
MUSIC?
Account deleted
They're not bad. Bullet For My Valentine and The Used do the post-hardcore thing better in my humble, yet biasd, opinion. I never did mind the vocals, screaming has its place in music, and it works for Alexisonfire, absolutely.
25.11.2006 - 06:37
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Pretty decent band although I don't usually go well with emo. They are easily one of the biggest, or the biggest band from Canada right now. So many people form where I live absolutely love this band, but I occasionaly like to give them a listen. Dallas has enchanting, heavenly clean vocals, for me they are what stand out about the band.
26.11.2006 - 17:31
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 31.10.2006 at 04:40

They're not bad. Bullet For My Valentine and The Used do the post-hardcore thing better in my humble, yet biasd, opinion. I never did mind the vocals, screaming has its place in music, and it works for Alexisonfire, absolutely.

bullet for my valentine and used arent post hardcore...Post hardcore is shit like Fugazi or Born Against.Bullet for my Valentine is Just shitty generic Metalcore and The Used is Sappy Pop Punk

Alexisonfire is tolerable...not the greatest band around...i'll Take Boysetsfire and Thursday anyday over these guys....in fact the two i mention are the only screamo bands i like
28.11.2006 - 03:04
MUSIC?
Account deleted
Quote:
bullet for my valentine and used arent post hardcore...Post hardcore is shit like Fugazi or Born Against.Bullet for my Valentine is Just shitty generic Metalcore and The Used is Sappy Pop Punk

Yeah, I don't know what you think The Used sound like, but its obvious you don't listen to them. They're in Fugazi's and Born Against's sound radius. That's an undeniable fact.
"Sappy pop punk" is stuff like Greenday and Good Charlotte The Used are genuine, even if you don't like their music.

And Bullet for my Valentine is not metal enough to be even called metalcore. Yet, they can't be Hardcore because they sound nothing like any REAL hardcore band. Thus, Post Hardcore.
07.12.2006 - 17:26
garrett
Account deleted
I just don't even bother with much new music, I can't even think of a single band I like that came out after 2000.
14.12.2006 - 23:09
jadawal
its punk music i find, and punk is music i can hear, but not listen to, it has no meaning to me.
04.01.2007 - 12:54
oliviaa
I kinda liked them a few years ago. Not much, but I had an album on my computer. Then I deleted it.
----
08.01.2007 - 13:36
gutsnglitter
Account deleted
I've seen them twice & love them. However a few songs that they have done simply suck. But altogether a great band!