Metal Storm logo
Daath

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 13.10.2006 - 18:53
"DAATH" are an American five-piece act who play a different sort of techdeath. They have two albums out, The Hinderers (2006) and Futility (2004).

"Daath's music is an exploration of the negative sides of the human psyche. Using the Tree of Life as a roadmap, their albums will be systematically exploring the adverse side of the tree until they havedescribed all ten of its points, or sepherot.

Each of these points represents a facet of our being. There is also a hidden point, Daath, which is the doorway to the adverse side of the tree as. When you go through the Daath point all the attributes of the sephirot are reversed. For example, Kether, which means crown represents the highest a man can go, when reversed, represents futility, the inability to progress. While the highest point is on one side quite a level to attain, on the other side it is a place from where you cannot go anywhere but down. With this in mind it is important to see 'Daath' not only as a doorway but as the primary device of reconcilliation between the two sides.

There are 3 pillars on the Tree. There are the outer pillars which represent severity and mildness and the middle pillar which represents the interaction of the first two. That's why there is a balance of Daath's heavier music with their lighter music. However, the first album "Futility" does not focus in any one direction since there can be no true balance in the adverse tree.

The philosophy to Daath's music is that in order to become whole as a human being, we need to come to terms with all sides of ourselves. In other words, in order to grow and realize our potential, we need to take a long honest look in the mirror and not be afraid to accept what we see. Daath's message is not one of negativity, but of honesty with one's self. The parts of ourselves that hinder us the most are often the hardest to realize."
(taken from their soundclick page, where you can find 3 mp3s all from Futility I think).

An mp3 to digest (Track 1 from The Hinderers):
http://daath.swizcorp.com/audio/Ovum.mp3

Maybe if I pander to the collective taste of MS a little more, I'll get MORE RESPONSES ON MY FREAKING THREADS.
19.09.2007 - 00:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
yeah I got there CD about a month ago and theres nothing memorable about it for me...I dont know, just didnt seem all that unique to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.09.2007 - 01:37
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
A good band, not exceptionnal but good.
I bought 'The Hinderers' and really enjoyed it. Especially the last songs (Who Will Take The Blame, Dead On The Dancefloor, The Hinderers)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
20.09.2007 - 23:34
Guifes
Downloaded some of their songs lately and I can't say I found it all that impressing, a bit dissapointing actually.
12.11.2007 - 11:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
VampireFreaks.com conducted an interview with Dååth gutarist Eyal Levi on October 22, 2007 at Bluebird Theatre in Denver, Colorado. You can watch the eight-minute chat at this location.
12.11.2007 - 12:49
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i wasn in a CD shop a wjile ago, and i was looking for death cd's (and they're pretty rare here in australia), and i kept seeing daath cd's, thinking they were actually death, and going, "Yes, death!, oh wait only daath." i havent heard any daath, pro check em out eventually
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
12.11.2007 - 21:26
mankvill
They are different, but very awesome live.
09.01.2008 - 17:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
"Metal's Darkside" conducted an interview with Daath during the band's most recent U.S. tour with Dark Funeral. You can watch the chat at this location (warn: Quicktime required).