Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses - To Be Inducted To The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Class 2012

According to the Rolling Stone official website, Guns N' Roses are one of the bands to be inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Class 2012, alongside Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, the Small Faces/Faces, Donovan and Laura Nyro. Freddie King will enter the Hall Of Fame as an Early Influence, while the late producer and TV host Don Kirshner will receive the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award and producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will receive the Award for Musical Excellence.

Original guitarist Slash simply tweeted: "It's quite an honor to be inducted." Former Guns drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum have recently weighed in on a potential reunion at the Hall Of Fame ceremony on April 14th. The possibilty of a reunion in now on the mind of the founders of the classic Guns N' Roses: "It would mean so much to me," Adler said when asked by Rolling Stone about the possibility of Axl Rose showing up for a performance with his former bandmates. "I personally just want to finish what I started with those jack-offs. We started off something, let's end the career playing together, at least once."

In a separate interview by Rolling Stone, Matt Sorum when asked about the possibility of a possible reunion of the classic formation, responded: "I hope so. We're about to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, which is pretty cool, but I can't really say about another tour. It's down to Slash and Axl to patch things up."

The ceremony will be held April 14th at Cleveland's Public Hall. It will be broadcast on HBO in early May.

Source: rollingstone.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses
Posted: 08.12.2011 by AndMetalForAll

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 137 users
08.12.2011 - 20:00
Windrider
Raureif
Reread the title lol
08.12.2011 - 20:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
*facepalm*
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.12.2011 - 20:10
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'm with the Sex Pistols on this one.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.12.2011 - 20:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"I personally just want to finish what I started with those jack-offs" lol most badass reply ever to this impossibly drawn-out idea.

If they decide to get back together I'm all eyes and ears, even nowadays GnR sound pretty good live, so I imagine a full reunion would be mindblowing. The only reason I give a fuck about the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in this case is that maybe, just maybe, they might do a reunion/farewell tour or something in the original line-up.
09.12.2011 - 00:53
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
How these clowns are in and Rush is out is beyond me...
----
rekt
09.12.2011 - 01:04
Lit.
Account deleted
At least it's not anyone like..... Madonna.
*Shudders*
09.12.2011 - 01:09
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 08.12.2011 at 20:25

even nowadays GnR sound pretty good live

Wut. GNR basically fat Elvis nowdays.
09.12.2011 - 01:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Fact: Madonna > GNR
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.12.2011 - 01:36
Mad Mike
Written by tea[m]ster on 09.12.2011 at 00:53

Because Rush never gave a flying Canadian fuck about being ''popular''. In all honesty I'm kinda glad they're not in... they're too good for the RnRHOF

By the way, that place should be renamed ''The Rolling Stone Magazine Hall of Fame''
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
09.12.2011 - 04:55
JCJen7
Written by Mad Mike on 09.12.2011 at 01:36

Because Rush never gave a flying Canadian fuck about being ''popular''. In all honesty I'm kinda glad they're not in... they're too good for the RnRHOF

By the way, that place should be renamed ''The Rolling Stone Magazine Hall of Fame''

I hate to steal the title away from you, but Rush is one of the most popular rock bands in history...
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
09.12.2011 - 05:44
CharlesMiller
Well.. perhaps not as popular as one would think. I personally can't stand Rush. I think Rush just has a very vocal fanbase is all.
09.12.2011 - 06:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I personally feel that the "Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" is completely irrelevant to most genuine music fans, and like any other mass media awards thingy, it really has no credibility to me as a marker of greatness at all.

Disregarding that, I feel this is the best (and maybe only) chance, for the original GnR lineup to reform. Even if it was just a one off performance for the ceremony, it'd be great to have all the original guys sharing the stage together one last time. Of course, the only barrier to this happening, is Axl, and to a lesser extent, Slash. All of the other members want the reunion to happen. Although I think Izzy would have major reservations about rejoining the band on a permanent basis. It was because of Axl's ego that he left in the first place, so... Anyways, I'll be hoping it happens...
09.12.2011 - 07:14
Void Eater
Account deleted
Even if they do reunite, they'll suck, due to Axl "Grunts N' Noises" Rose being their singer.
09.12.2011 - 08:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Sure, take my news idea and publish it a half month after i submitted it. That's cool.

Also, Fuck the Rock N Roll Hall of Shame.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.12.2011 - 08:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.12.2011 at 07:14

Even if they do reunite, they'll suck, due to Axl "Grunts N' Noises" Rose being their singer.

As far as I'm concerned, Izzy & Duff are the only ones with a shred of integrity left.

Rock N Roll hall of fame? Who gives a fuck, it's just another big circle-jerk like the Grammys.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.12.2011 - 08:59
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 04:55

I hate to steal the title away from you, but Rush is one of the most popular rock bands in history...

even though i dont like rush, i agree they definately deserve it.

but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted. they have the highest selling debut record of all time, not just for rock but for any genre. they are among the most popular and known rock bands of all time and to top it off they are the quintessential American Rock band.

Guns n Roses is rock n roll BOOM
----
pewpew.. gotcha
09.12.2011 - 09:02
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
...not sure why theyre interviewing/quoting Matt Sorum on an original line up reunion... hes not an original member. awkward.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
09.12.2011 - 09:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 08:59
but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted

*is a complete fuck*
----
09.12.2011 - 09:14
JCJen7

even though i dont like rush, i agree they definately deserve it.

but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted. they have the highest selling debut record of all time, not just for rock but for any genre. they are among the most popular and known rock bands of all time and to top it off they are the quintessential American Rock band.

Guns n Roses is rock n roll BOOM

are you talking about me? I never said anything of the sorts. I really couldn't care less about the rock n roll hall of mainstream-socially-OK-bands-to-be-fans-of.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
09.12.2011 - 09:25
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Quote:
Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 09:14

are you talking about me? I never said anything of the sorts. I really couldn't care less about the rock n roll hall of mainstream-socially-OK-bands-to-be-fans-of.

No not at all. i was agreeing with you. i was talking bout that first guy w/e his name is that was hatin on gnr. and i dont really care bout the hall of fame either, i just felt like being an obnoxious asshole and quoting some Will Ferrell
----
pewpew.. gotcha
09.12.2011 - 09:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Not like I had this idea a month ago or anything...

But yeah, fuck the Hall of Shame.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.12.2011 - 10:08
DaUndataka
Account deleted
What's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I live 50 minutes from Cleveland and I don't even recognize that phony establishment.
09.12.2011 - 15:14
Zap
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.12.2011 at 09:03

but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted

*is a complete fuck*

+1
09.12.2011 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 09:02

...not sure why theyre interviewing/quoting Matt Sorum on an original line up reunion... hes not an original member. awkward.

they didn't ask him about the original line up but about the classic line-up "Matt Sorum when asked about the possibility of a possible reunion of the classic formation" There's a slight difference there, compare it to Deep Purple's original and classic line-up.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.12.2011 - 19:51
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.12.2011 at 16:27

Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 09:02

they didn't ask him about the original line up but about the classic line-up "Matt Sorum when asked about the possibility of a possible reunion of the classic formation" There's a slight difference there, compare it to Deep Purple's original and classic line-up.

ohhh interesting, i didnt realize there was a difference. but its still a lil wierd b/c they also have quotes from Adler about the reunion too. anyway its prolly all talk and speculation, not gonna get my hopes up too high yet considering how much of a doosh Axl is.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.12.2011 - 05:38
Butters49
Hmmm...
I dont know if they deserve it, but still pretty cool i guess; good band.

Red hot chili peppers sure as hell dont belong in there.
But I fuckin' love the Beastie Boys, fuck yeah thats awesome that they got inducted!
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
10.12.2011 - 18:38
Ankläger
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 19:51

a doosh Axl is.

Not sure what a "doosh" is, but if you mean "douche"... I didn't know Axl was a shower.

Edit: new G'n'R record: "I am the shower" - 'cause they've gotta compete with Metallica or something. (end of lame joke)
10.12.2011 - 19:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ankläger on 10.12.2011 at 18:38
Not sure what a "doosh" is, but if you mean "douche"... I didn't know Axl was a shower.

Nobody uses douche in the shower sense, much like people don't use bitch in the dog sense.
----
11.12.2011 - 03:48
Symmachus
That Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is redundant. The bigwigs behind it basically just dote on some mainstream acts and is representative, really, of only those bigwigs' opinions. It's freaking irrelevant, really. Just like Rolling Stone magazine.
16.12.2011 - 09:13
Syk
myspace/bonerama
In a certain crowd, yes, but overall? I wouldn't say Rush are THAT popular, but GnR, sadly, yes. To the guy who said GnR are the quintessential Amer rock band - so what? Rush are probably the same thing for Canadian rock. And we all know that Canada is simply better than USA (excl. a few inside USA, of course)
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 3840 | This month: 8