Metal Storm logo
Black Metal bands that uses violin in their music .

10.12.2011 - 16:18
FOOCK Nam

I know only Graveworm that using violin in their music. Can you give me any other band ? (Preferred black metal though violin in extreme metal music approved).
10.12.2011 - 16:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
A Forest Of Stars. One of the finest black metal entities to use violin in their music.

10.12.2011 - 16:33
FOOCK Nam

Nice music , not bad violin, more extreme than Graveworm, less melodious.
10.12.2011 - 17:11
Slayer666

My favorite violin using BM band.
10.12.2011 - 18:15
@gent_-_orange

I was going to post some Coldworld but you beat me to it. Great band. Highly recommended.
10.12.2011 - 19:39
ß
Problem?
Vhernen the Faroese Black/Doom artist uses electric violin in his music.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
11.12.2011 - 09:18
The Turbanator

That is all.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
11.12.2011 - 09:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.12.2011 - 10:46
Uldreth

Although closer to death metal than black metal (but being really close to both tbh, just like most of the black/death metal scene of sweden at the time, bands like Sacramentum, Dawn, Dissection etc.) I'd nominate early At the Gates here, they used violins on their first studio album in some places, and it probably has to be the most weird violin usage I have ever heard (but then again, that entire album is weird as fuck, some real scary shit there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUqnoKpypfQ
Here from about 3:25 onwards they play a riff on violin they were previously playing on guitar.
28.02.2013 - 16:56
Aristarchos

Check out this if you want some great use of violins
28.02.2013 - 18:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Månegarm, if you consider viking black metal "black enough"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.02.2013 - 21:31
The Turbanator

Not sure if that's violin but this band's debut cover is a photo of the French Canadian violinist and composer Joseph Allard. Some fine music these guys create, but quite short violin parts.

and another one :

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!