Metal Storm logo
Edits for invisible bands only?

‹‹ Back to Bugs
12.12.2011 - 21:41
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Hi! I was just checking some trivia. It's the first time I do this, and I can only check trivia for invisible bands. But when I click "Trivia", MS show me ALL trivia edits for invisible bands or not, saying that only edits for invisible bands are listed. If I select an trivia check from an visible band, MS says:

Error!
?You can't edit this trivia. Someone's edit has already been submitted - it needs to be checked and accepted by Staff before this option will become available again.

But if I select an trivia check for an invisible band, I can do it normally.

I hope I helped!
12.12.2011 - 21:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 12.12.2011 at 21:41
Hi! I was just checking some trivia. It's the first time I do this, and I can only check trivia for invisible bands.

Wait, are you accepting users' trivia edits?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.12.2011 - 22:12
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.12.2011 at 21:47

Written by Guest on 12.12.2011 at 21:41
Hi! I was just checking some trivia. It's the first time I do this, and I can only check trivia for invisible bands.

Wait, are you accepting users' trivia edits?

Yeah, like I said, for invisible bands only... Why?
13.12.2011 - 00:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 12.12.2011 at 22:12

Uh, I didn't even know you were allowed accepting edits. I'll have to bring this up with Ivan...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.12.2011 - 07:30
psykometal
A staff guy...

If you go to the grid at the bottom of your profile page and click on "Help, what's all this?" it will explain to you that "For invisible bands, half of the required points is enough." So until you get 400 Trivia addition points you will only be able to Edit and Check for invisible bands. Although based on Troy's response it looks like hellfire and brimstone is about to happen amongst the Staff to determine whether or not to allow regular users to continue to have the ability to check other users edits...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

13.12.2011 - 22:04
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 13.12.2011 at 07:30

If you go to the grid at the bottom of your profile page and click on "Help, what's all this?" it will explain to you that "For invisible bands, half of the required points is enough." So until you get 400 Trivia addition points you will only be able to Edit and Check for invisible bands. Although based on Troy's response it looks like hellfire and brimstone is about to happen amongst the Staff to determine whether or not to allow regular users to continue to have the ability to check other users edits...

I already know about this! In this grid, "Trivia" is marked in white under "Check".
13.12.2011 - 22:06
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 00:08

Uh, I didn't even know you were allowed accepting edits. I'll have to bring this up with Ivan...

Anyone can check edits with the minimum required points. I have enough to Add/Edit albums and check albums for invisible bands. Also, the same with trivia. But what the hell is going on?
13.12.2011 - 22:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:06
Also, the same with trivia. But what the hell is going on?

Trivia - 274

You need 200 trivia points to add trivia without a Staff check, 400 to edit and check.

Since you have half of the required 400 points to edit and check trivia, you can only edit and check for invisible bands.
----
13.12.2011 - 22:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:04

I already know about this! In this grid, "Trivia" is marked in white under "Check".

White means you're only half way there. Until the number goes green you can't Check visible bands. So as I said, and as Troy specifically said, you don't have enough points and until you do you cannot Check other users edits!
----

13.12.2011 - 22:26
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 22:10

Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:06
Also, the same with trivia. But what the hell is going on?

Trivia - 274

You need 200 trivia points to add trivia without a Staff check, 400 to edit and check.

Since you have half of the required 400 points to edit and check trivia, you can only edit and check for invisible bands.

Oh, sorry! I made a mistake in my last post! I can add trivia to any band, and I can edit and check only for invisible bands. The album's permissions is right. The problem, like I said is: I have acess to trivia for visible bands as well, but I can't accept them. MS shows an error message.
13.12.2011 - 22:28
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 13.12.2011 at 22:17

Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:04

White means you're only half way there. Until the number goes green you can't Check visible bands. So as I said, and as Troy specifically said, you don't have enough points and until you do you cannot Check other users edits!

Hm... You don't get it...

"I have acess to trivia for visible bands as well, but I can't accept them. MS shows an error message. "

That's the matter.
13.12.2011 - 22:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:26
Oh, sorry! I made a mistake in my last post! I can add trivia to any band, and I can edit and check only for invisible bands. The album's permissions is right. The problem, like I said is: I have acess to trivia for visible bands as well, but I can't accept them. MS shows an error message.

You can see them because you have access to the trivia folder. You can't accept them, however, because you can't accept trivia submissions for visible bands.
----
13.12.2011 - 22:31
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 22:28

Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:26

You can see them because you have access to the trivia folder. You can't accept them, however, because you can't accept trivia submissions for visible bands.

"Only edits for invisible bands are listed here. "

MS shouldn't display this message, then.
13.12.2011 - 22:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:31

-_-

Could have just said that. I'll bring it up with Ivan.
----
13.12.2011 - 22:36
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 22:33

Written by Guest on 13.12.2011 at 22:31

-_-

Could have just said that. I'll bring it up with Ivan.

"[...] when I click "Trivia", MS show me ALL trivia edits for invisible bands or not, saying that only edits for invisible bands are listed [...]"

I tried!
13.12.2011 - 22:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
Oh. Well I haven't earned Perms for Trivia or Videos yet but I have all the others and I didn't run into that problem during the process of earning the other Perms so yea that's an Ivan thing...
----

13.12.2011 - 22:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Quote:

"[...] when I click "Trivia", MS show me ALL trivia edits for invisible bands or not, saying that only edits for invisible bands are listed [...]"

I tried!

Well I guess he's got us there Troy...
----

13.12.2011 - 22:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by psykometal on 13.12.2011 at 22:37
Well I guess he's got us there Troy...

Reading comprehension fail on our part.
----
13.12.2011 - 22:42
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 22:39

Reading comprehension fail on our part.

Meh. Shit happens.
----

22.01.2012 - 10:37
Stonecrush

Was this thing corrected? Because now i see different problem. I've got enough points to check invisible bands lyrics. When i click on Lyrics in the check edits site I get the message "Only edits for invisible bands are listed here". The problem is that all bands listed are visible. As for this moment for example there are 55 lyrics edits - when I click on lyrics it shows me only 7 out of 55 edits, but all of the bands there are visible (so simply visible ones are listed instead of invisible)
22.01.2012 - 17:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I also have this problem. I can edit line ups, but not the actual member.

I have enough points, but it says,

Error it has already been submitted.?

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.01.2012 - 01:14
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.01.2012 at 17:41

Line-up and Members are 2 different things...

@Stonecrush, if it's still happening then my guess it hasn't been fixed yet. PM Ivan since he's the only one who can do anything about it...
----

23.01.2012 - 03:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by psykometal on 23.01.2012 at 01:14

Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.01.2012 at 17:41

Line-up and Members are 2 different things...

I know, I was using it as an example, I should be able to edit both, as I have enough points in each section, but it wont let me add band members.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.01.2012 - 03:19
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Boxcar Willy on 23.01.2012 at 03:09

I know, I was using it as an example, I should be able to edit both, as I have enough points in each section, but it wont let me add band members.

Elaborate on add band members. Are you trying to add a band member to a band's line-up (i.e. the musician already exists in MS's database) or are you trying to add a new musician to the database?
----

30.09.2012 - 18:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by psykometal on 23.01.2012 at 03:19

Written by Boxcar Willy on 23.01.2012 at 03:09

Elaborate on add band members. Are you trying to add a band member to a band's line-up (i.e. the musician already exists in MS's database) or are you trying to add a new musician to the database?

Must have just been a bug, as it's fine now.

Damn, I have over 4000 band edit points now that i've checked
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.09.2012 - 18:59
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 30.09.2012 at 18:47

Or this: "Earned points:" -> "Bands"

This.

And I have 4,633 Bands points. My Total is 16,067.
----

30.09.2012 - 21:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 30.09.2012 at 19:02

Okey, maybe I contact Ivan about my weird situation.

Bands 42 (points) | 99999* 400 400 | 672 (edited)

Yea there's an issue with the Earned Points>Bands being frozen. Didn't even realize it myself til the other day when someone brought it up in another thread. For some reason the only way for those points to increase is if you had already earned enough points to be able to Check Band edits before Staff changed the Add points requirement to *99999, which is why mine and Willy's points still go up is because we both earned that Perm before the change. I asked them to PM Ivan about the issue but not sure if he did so if you would please PM Ivan about it as well.
----

01.10.2012 - 00:33
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 30.09.2012 at 22:14

I'm Array. Yes I sent a pm to Ivan. There's a weird 'paradox' that my band points have been frozen longer than tibosax has been a MS user, and yet I'm pretty sure I have seen him accepting a band edit, which is something I can't do.

Ah ok, I knew it was you (Array) that I had that convo with, didn't realize you had changed your name though. Lol. tibosax has Checking perms?! Hope he's gotten better about his own submissions (no offense tibo if you read this )...
----