Metal Storm logo
Wolves in the Throne Room

Original post

Posted by Zombie, M.D., 18.05.2006 - 12:02
If you're into Weakling you should really enjoy this. Its a little too simmilar to Weakling at times, but they manage to pull it off very well.

http://www.wolvesinthethroneroom.com/menudo2.htm
30.07.2011 - 02:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
The fact it has 7 tracks listed is a tad worrisome, as it indicates shorter songs (or 70+ minutes)...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.07.2011 - 06:25
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 30.07.2011 at 02:40

The fact it has 7 tracks listed is a tad worrisome, as it indicates shorter songs (or 70+ minutes)...

Could be a few really short tracks, like an intro and outro or something along those lines.
04.08.2011 - 10:58
Timm O)))
Here's an early review of the new album: http://americanaftermath.net/2011/08/03/review-wolves-in-the-throne-room-celestial-lineage/

To quote the reviewer: "I can honestly say that I have been anticipating this record like the coming of fucking Christ."
10.08.2011 - 09:50
Timm O)))
If anyone's interrested, here's a small track preview of the album
11.08.2011 - 05:59
Ankläger
Written by Timm O))) on 10.08.2011 at 09:50

Wow, what a shitty track...
11.08.2011 - 09:25
Timm O)))
Quote:
"That's why this premiere of "Woodland Cathedral" from the much-anticipated Celestial Lineage might feel a little strange. Placed midway through the album, it's almost as if we've happened upon on a sermon delivered amid the hazy foliage, but missed the thunderous opening."

11.08.2011 - 10:14
The Turbanator

AWESOME! Got a feeling this album is going to explode.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
13.08.2011 - 05:07
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I guess the Weaver brothers have been listening to Menace Ruine since the previous album, if Woodland Cathedral is anything to go by.
17.08.2011 - 01:53
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted

Great stuff!
20.08.2011 - 07:38
Mr.Osbourne
I've listened to this band a lot, and i've really only enjoyed Two Hunters. A lot of people prefer their first album, but it's a bit too repetitive for my taste.
25.08.2011 - 15:04
happycadaver
Sounds promising, lokking forward to it!
----
"Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one." (Dirty Harry)
01.09.2011 - 23:53
The Turbanator
ALBUM RELEASED! Pre order here : http://www.wittr.com/store/view/celestial_lineage_cd

For their single "Thuja Magus Imperium"(12 minutes) : http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/12323-thuja-magus-imperium/
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.09.2011 - 01:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by The Turbanator on 01.09.2011 at 23:53

ALBUM RELEASED! Pre order here : http://www.wittr.com/store/view/celestial_lineage_cd

If it's a pre-order it means it isn't released yet
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2011 - 01:32
The Turbanator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2011 at 01:03

Written by The Turbanator on 01.09.2011 at 23:53

If it's a pre-order it means it isn't released yet

Ahhh sorry my bad. Got myself mixed up in all these excitement
----
07.09.2011 - 19:35
Timm O)))
It can be downloaded now though. I just did but haven't got time to listen to it yet. I'm very excited though!
08.09.2011 - 12:50
The Turbanator
I've downloaded it. Absolutely loving it.
----
13.09.2011 - 04:42
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Anthony Fantano just reviewed Celestial Lineage on The Needle Drop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axVo2kNjKXc&feature=feedu
22.09.2011 - 20:11
Timm O)))
Not really agreeing with Mr. Fantano on this one...
22.09.2011 - 20:59
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
How good is the new album?
22.09.2011 - 22:24
Timm O)))
Best to decide for yourself. I really like it, it's kinda like Two Hunters, just a little more "filled up", if you know what i mean.
22.09.2011 - 22:36
The Turbanator
Yeah I rather judge it for myself than listening/reading reviews and judging it.

I love this album. Perfectly done. Reminds me of Two Hunters, just like Timm O))) said. Took some time to grow on me, but once it did I find myself absolutely loving it. WITTR is definitely one of the best in this genre.
----
23.09.2011 - 02:09
dr.doom
New album is excellent, seriously listen to it.
23.09.2011 - 03:14
sundogs
If you want to get into this band, fucking ignore what everyone says about them. They are great musicians that are on their A game with their style of black metal. Personally, I'm not into them but that's just me. I hear they put on a great live show too.
----
23.09.2011 - 07:49
dr.doom
Written by sundogs on 23.09.2011 at 03:14

If you want to get into this band, fucking ignore what everyone says about them. They are great musicians that are on their A game with their style of black metal. Personally, I'm not into them but that's just me. I hear they put on a great live show too.

I can't really see what they do being pulled off live, lots of odd guitar tuning involved with their sound.

But if they can do it, I will see them the absolute first chance I get.
23.09.2011 - 19:08
Timm O)))
Rumour goes though that they will quit after the Celestial Lineage Tour, so if you have a chance to catch em near where you live, take it!
23.09.2011 - 21:33
The Turbanator

this is their live show in the Che Cafe.
----
23.09.2011 - 21:34
The Turbanator

Love this part of it.
----
23.09.2011 - 22:11
Timm O)))
That's my only gripe with their live shows. Their synchronized headbanging looks rather silly to me...
24.09.2011 - 05:13
The Turbanator
Haha yeah they can be. That bassist is from I.M.P.A.L.E.D by they way.

Off topic, but my favorite headbanger is still Apollyon. http://youtu.be/Npu5T-ZOuO8 From 2:10 onwards is pure headbanging dedication right there by him
----
25.09.2011 - 14:09
Blue
Hipster BM at best. They'll be here in Dublin in a few weeks, anyone seen them live before? I'm not entirely sure of what to expect.
----
cunt.