Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 15.10.2006 - 04:17
This Band is truly a great and unique band all of it's own. They play a style that I've never really heard besides them. I've been a fan for a while now, and I feel that they deserve their own Thread topic. They play a cross between Melodic technical progressive Death metal, (Wow, what a Combo) and Power metal (Just to add to things). They have an ongoing musical theme, that of depressing lyrics, and the combanation of the before mentioned genres. Thus the reason for the question marks under the subcategory. I think....they should be called Eternity Metal
Why don't you guys discuss em' a little, What albums do you like, what do you like or not like about them, etc..... Get going!
24.04.2008 - 14:44
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 24.04.2008 at 12:43

Hm, I listened to these guys for the first time quite a while ago. At that time I didn't really like it after hearing one of their albums (can't really remember which one). But since my metal taste and music taste in general have quite evolved since then, I think I will give them a try again somewhere in the future. Best album to start with?

Buried in Oblivion
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
25.04.2008 - 10:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well yes, its their best. I think it makes sense to listen to them in the order the albums came out. At least it makes sense to me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.04.2008 - 09:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 25.04.2008 at 10:25

Well yes, its their best. I think it makes sense to listen to them in the order the albums came out. At least it makes sense to me.

Well, yeah true enough. But he asked for their best, and imo that is their best, to I suggested it.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.04.2008 - 09:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
You know what's a real bitch to get a hold of though? their debut album....it's out of print and circulation.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.04.2008 - 18:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Arian Totalis on 26.04.2008 at 09:43

You know what's a real bitch to get a hold of though? their debut album....it's out of print and circulation.

Tell me about it. I have all their albums besides that one (I bought every single one) and apparently there is one cd but its like 50 euros which is huge. I don't know why it is so expensive and so rare.
----

My Instagram
26.04.2008 - 19:58
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 26.04.2008 at 18:17

Tell me about it. I have all their albums besides that one (I bought every single one) and apparently there is one cd but its like 50 euros which is huge. I don't know why it is so expensive and so rare.

Yeah, that's because they released it as a self financed release, so because the labels couldn't pay for it's production/distribution, they just sort of discontinued it.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.04.2008 - 23:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Arian Totalis on 26.04.2008 at 19:58

Written by BloodTears on 26.04.2008 at 18:17

Yeah, that's because they released it as a self financed release, so because the labels couldn't pay for it's production/distribution, they just sort of discontinued it.

I wish they did something about it, a re-release would be nice
----

My Instagram
27.04.2008 - 08:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah without a doubt, but first their fan base has to grow.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

27.04.2008 - 09:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I don't know why that hasnt happened yet. I guess they are a peculiar band.
----

My Instagram
27.04.2008 - 17:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 27.04.2008 at 09:29

I definitly can agree there. It takes someone with an ear for this kind of music in order to truly apreciate it, due to the fact that they aren't just one kind of metal, solid and defined. And the metal that they DO play is very contrasted, lots of people just might not like the sound. For instance, I'm the only one of all my friends that really likes IE. My best friend only really likes their newer album. I dunno, it'll just be a while, if at all, untill their audience grows.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

27.04.2008 - 18:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Arian Totalis on 27.04.2008 at 17:38

I definitly can agree there. It takes someone with an ear for this kind of music in order to truly apreciate it, due to the fact that they aren't just one kind of metal, solid and defined. And the metal that they DO play is very contrasted, lots of people just might not like the sound. For instance, I'm the only one of all my friends that really likes IE. My best friend only really likes their newer album. I dunno, it'll just be a while, if at all, untill their audience grows.

All my friends who listen to metal usually never like the bands I do, for some reason. And so they can't appreciate Into Eternity like I do. And yes, its not your typical type of metal, there is a lot going on and everything works and fits perfectly. I guess its hard to believe what you're hearing at first. But in the end if you think about it, the songs are so catchy even if they are crazy. And they've been catchy since their first album.

I really liked the new album always, I feel as though they are always moving forward and doing it well (which is a very difficult thing to achieve).

Even here in MS there are not that many Into Eternity fans, at least die-hard like myself
----

My Instagram
27.04.2008 - 20:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 27.04.2008 at 18:33

All my friends who listen to metal usually never like the bands I do, for some reason. And so they can't appreciate Into Eternity like I do. And yes, its not your typical type of metal, there is a lot going on and everything works and fits perfectly. I guess its hard to believe what you're hearing at first. But in the end if you think about it, the songs are so catchy even if they are crazy. And they've been catchy since their first album.

I really liked the new album always, I feel as though they are always moving forward and doing it well (which is a very difficult thing to achieve).

Even here in MS there are not that many Into Eternity fans, at least die-hard like myself

Yeah, I'm pretty die hard too. Don't get me wrong, I liked their last album too, it's just that it annoys me that that's the only one that seems to recieve any acclaim lately. Buried in Oblivion is much better, imo.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

27.04.2008 - 20:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Arian Totalis on 27.04.2008 at 20:27

Written by BloodTears on 27.04.2008 at 18:33

Yeah, I'm pretty die hard too. Don't get me wrong, I liked their last album too, it's just that it annoys me that that's the only one that seems to recieve any acclaim lately. Buried in Oblivion is much better, imo.

Buried in Oblivion beats anything they ever done and its one of the best metal albums of all time.
----

My Instagram
28.04.2008 - 05:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well, that statement is of course subjective, but yeah, as far as my own opinion, it is certainly a great album. Especially Begining of the End and Splintered Visions.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.04.2008 - 05:23
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Not a band bad. I saw them live and while their sound was terrible it was mildly enjoyable. A very talented band, but not really my thing. They have demos from their new album up on their myspace if anyone hadn't made that known yet.
----
The force will be with you, always.
28.04.2008 - 05:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Clintagräm on 28.04.2008 at 05:23

Not a band bad. I saw them live and while their sound was terrible it was mildly enjoyable. A very talented band, but not really my thing. They have demos from their new album up on their myspace if anyone hadn't made that known yet.

Yeah, someone had earlier made that known, but no biggie. I agree with you about their live sound, I've seen some vids of them live and they do seem to blow. It's because of the way they layer and produce their albums, when they're left to play live, they kind of screw themselves
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

31.08.2008 - 13:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Thoughts on the new album anyone? I'm still waiting to get it.
----

My Instagram
01.09.2008 - 01:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm I haven't heard every song from beginning to end, but I'm just not clicking with the new stuff. Even live, the new songs sounded subpar.

But damn, that dude can shriek.
01.09.2008 - 23:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Dangerboner on 01.09.2008 at 01:18

hmm I haven't heard every song from beginning to end, but I'm just not clicking with the new stuff. Even live, the new songs sounded subpar.

But damn, that dude can shriek.

Do you have explanation for not liking it? Or for the fact that the songs are not clicking? Or is it just a feeling and you can't really explain why?
----

My Instagram
01.09.2008 - 23:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Some of the songs had a bit of a mainstream tendency with the way he sung in some choruses. I know they've always had singing and generally I like it, but sometimes it sounds a little poppy now. Overall it's just less memorable to me than the last two albums, but I don't think it's bad or anything.
04.10.2008 - 23:27
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Somehow I expected something "great" and the new album didn't do that for me. It's not like I'm very disappointed, I won't be too dramatic, they just did this record and that's it. It's definately not as memorable as all other IE records. It's not even the vocals or the choruses for me, its really just seems that their stuck in their "own" sound and can't get out of that box, that makes the songs too predicatable.

I hope they can do better in the future.
----

My Instagram
04.10.2008 - 23:42
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by BloodTears on 04.10.2008 at 23:27

Somehow I expected something "great" and the new album didn't do that for me. It's not like I'm very disappointed, I won't be too dramatic, they just did this record and that's it. It's definately not as memorable as all other IE records. It's not even the vocals or the choruses for me, its really just seems that their stuck in their "own" sound and can't get out of that box, that makes the songs too predicatable.

I hope they can do better in the future.

I agree... I was really excited about this one, it was touted to be a very personal, emotional concept album about the loss and suffering caused by cancer, but the songs just sound very uninspired. The highlights for me are "The Incurable Tragedy (Parts I, II, and III)" and maybe "Diagnosis Terminal", the rest just sound too predictable, like you said.
04.10.2008 - 23:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, I think that Diagnosis Terminal is a good songs but ultimately you know where the riff is going.

Every song has a great riff here and there, good moments but in the end it doesn't work. I'm sure some people will like it though. I think it's selling a lot.
----

My Instagram
06.10.2008 - 08:04
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Introspekrieg on 04.10.2008 at 23:42

...it was touted to be a very personal, emotional concept album about the loss and suffering caused by cancer...

Because THAT'S something I'd want to headbang to.

I'm getting an overall negative general reception on their new album. I actually really dig it. When I listen to this album, I totally disregard the whole concept behind it. Honestly, I don't really give a damn about the concept. It could be about a man's quest from his house to the post office or what ever. I wouldn't care. It's short, fist-poundingly raw, and catchy. Therefore, it satisfies my simple headbanging needs. I don't listen to bands like Into Etenity for a deep, inspiring experience à la Scenes From A Memory.
06.10.2008 - 08:27
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.10.2008 at 08:04

...it was touted to be a very personal, emotional concept album about the loss and suffering caused by cancer...

That's what you ARE headbanging to... but...

it was touted to be a very personal, emotional concept album about the loss and suffering caused by cancer, but the songs just sound very uninspired.

That last part of my quote was important to understand my sentence in context, it wasn't about headbanging, but hoping that the concept would inspire them to start making "BiO" quality music again.

...the rest just sound too predictable...

Predictability is perfect for headbanging: You know what to expect next so you can keep rhythm
I love Into Eternity so anything they do will always be on rotation in my listening... I was just expecting a little too much I guess...
06.10.2008 - 13:21
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Yeah Buried In Oblivion is the first I heard and it is also very special to me. The follow up didn't strike me as well, seemed a bit bland. The new one 'The Incurable Tragedy' tho... !! i just picked it up and so impressed
everything that this band is about and does best summed up in one album. Begins with a heartbeat and ends with that heartbeat dying. Addictive album and much better songs than the previous one.
06.10.2008 - 23:57
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
The Incurable Tragedy was a HUGE disappointment to me. It just seems as if they've dropped their kick ass vocals to persue singing. The guitaring is no where near as good as it used to be and I just think they made a wrong decision in their career. However, I love their older albums they have wickid vocals and guitaring and deep lyrics.

I seen them live last august for the Summer Slaughter Canada tour and they were amazing. Necrophagist was headlining and there was waaaay more people going crazy for Into Eternity than there was for Necrophagist. Summer Slaughter was supposed to be their tour to show off their new songs but I found that they played stuff from their old albums. They only had like 2 songs from their new cd that they played.

Overall, I'm disappointed massivly
07.10.2008 - 09:33
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Introspekrieg on 06.10.2008 at 08:27

What I meant is that I think the concept doesn't match the music AT ALL. But since I could give a rat's ass about the concept, it doesn't bother me. Sorry for being unclear.
07.10.2008 - 09:41
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.10.2008 at 09:33

Written by Introspekrieg on 06.10.2008 at 08:27

What I meant is that I think the concept doesn't match the music AT ALL. But since I could give a rat's ass about the concept, it doesn't bother me. Sorry for being unclear.

Nah, you're right I understand... I have given this a few more spins recently and I have to agree it is just great headbanging music.
10.10.2008 - 00:02
SepulchreUK
Account deleted
I love IE, even though they never come to the UK the bastards >.<
One of the best bands out there for sure, Scattering of Ashes, Buried in Oblivion were both amazing albums, and the new one continues to grow on me. Criminally underrated by most in my opinion.