Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 15.10.2006 - 04:17
This Band is truly a great and unique band all of it's own. They play a style that I've never really heard besides them. I've been a fan for a while now, and I feel that they deserve their own Thread topic. They play a cross between Melodic technical progressive Death metal, (Wow, what a Combo) and Power metal (Just to add to things). They have an ongoing musical theme, that of depressing lyrics, and the combanation of the before mentioned genres. Thus the reason for the question marks under the subcategory. I think....they should be called Eternity Metal
Why don't you guys discuss em' a little, What albums do you like, what do you like or not like about them, etc..... Get going!
18.11.2010 - 22:05
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Any news on the band? It's about time they make a new album, this said from a fan's perspective of course.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.11.2010 - 06:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 18.11.2010 at 22:05

Any news on the band? It's about time they make a new album, this said from a fan's perspective of course.

They hope to see a 2011 release...they have a song they are demoing entitled 'Devoured By Sarcopenia'...a quote from Tim Roth: "This week we demoed a new song with a real catchy chorus. It's called, 'Devoured By Sarcopenia'." He added, "I can promise that this new song is going to be killer."
24.11.2010 - 10:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 24.11.2010 at 06:15

They hope to see a 2011 release...they have a song they are demoing entitled 'Devoured By Sarcopenia'...a quote from Tim Roth: "This week we demoed a new song with a real catchy chorus. It's called, 'Devoured By Sarcopenia'." He added, "I can promise that this new song is going to be killer."

Cool. Good news then. They are active. Can't wait to hear that song.
----

My Instagram
25.11.2010 - 04:04
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 24.11.2010 at 06:15

Thanks for the update. Good to see them alive and kicking
----
loves 小巫
26.11.2010 - 19:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, the new album is gonna kick ass...they just keep getting better and better eh...
18.05.2011 - 22:43
Wyrd

Soo... We won't being seeing any real life or new music from the band for at least a couple of years. An article in a Canadian news paper has Tim stating that their gonna take a break from song writing and touring until Block has time away from Iced Earth... That fucking sucks...
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
19.05.2011 - 11:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Wyrd on 18.05.2011 at 22:43

Soo... We won't being seeing any real life or new music from the band for at least a couple of years. An article in a Canadian news paper has Tim stating that their gonna take a break from song writing and touring until Block has time away from Iced Earth... That fucking sucks...

Really?

That is awful. What about the album for this year?

They could just get another vocalist and get on with it.
----

My Instagram
19.05.2011 - 13:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by BloodTears on 19.05.2011 at 11:30

Really?

Bah! Stu Block is THEE vocalist for Into Eternity I think. That's what really draws me to them. Iced Earth doesn't excite me too much. I may piss a lot of people off by saying this, but I think he should go back to the band with the stronger future (musically speaking), which is quite clearly Into Eternity.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.05.2011 - 13:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Doc G. on 19.05.2011 at 13:10

Written by BloodTears on 19.05.2011 at 11:30

Really?

Bah! Stu Block is THEE vocalist for Into Eternity I think. That's what really draws me to them. Iced Earth doesn't excite me too much. I may piss a lot of people off by saying this, but I think he should go back to the band with the stronger future (musically speaking), which is quite clearly Into Eternity.

I love Stu Block, I think what he did for IE is great. But the fact that the band is in stand by for him doesn't seem like a good decision.

I was never a fan of Iced Earth, so I don't care about them. So, I agree with you, he should just stick to IE.

But apparently that's not gonna happen & IE will be on hiatus until Iced Earth dies.
----

My Instagram
19.05.2011 - 13:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by BloodTears on 19.05.2011 at 13:14

I love Stu Block, I think what he did for IE is great. But the fact that the band is in stand by for him doesn't seem like a good decision.

I was never a fan of Iced Earth, so I don't care about them. So, I agree with you, he should just stick to IE.

But apparently that's not gonna happen & IE will be on hiatus until Iced Earth dies.

Thats where you and I differ I suppose. I'd rather wait a few years for Stu to come back than have a shitty IE album without him come out soon. The members are talented enough that I think they could easily go off and do some pretty successful side-stuff, but Stu seems like too much of a driving force for the band at this point to go on without him.
----
- George Carlin
19.05.2011 - 14:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Doc G. on 19.05.2011 at 13:31

Thats where you and I differ I suppose. I'd rather wait a few years for Stu to come back than have a shitty IE album without him come out soon. The members are talented enough that I think they could easily go off and do some pretty successful side-stuff, but Stu seems like too much of a driving force for the band at this point to go on without him.

I guess I'm sick of waiting. Into Eternity makes me wait too much. But in the end, they've been releasing new albums consistently.

If Stu is that important and they don't want to give him up, why don't they just write the music or schedule some studio time? I'm sure he'll have some months where he can dedicate his time to the band. So, it really doesn't need to be that long, they should just organize everything properly if they want to have his contribution.
----

My Instagram
20.05.2011 - 18:11
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 19.05.2011 at 14:11

I guess I'm sick of waiting. Into Eternity makes me wait too much. But in the end, they've been releasing new albums consistently.

If Stu is that important and they don't want to give him up, why don't they just write the music or schedule some studio time? I'm sure he'll have some months where he can dedicate his time to the band. So, it really doesn't need to be that long, they should just organize everything properly if they want to have his contribution.

I think some time off is exactly what they need actually. I loved Buried in Oblivion and The Scattering of Ashes, but not so much Incurable Tragedy, which I thought was a big step backward for them. I think taking some time away will allow them to come up with some fresh ideas that hold up better than IT.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
20.05.2011 - 18:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MeloDeathViking on 20.05.2011 at 18:11

Written by BloodTears on 19.05.2011 at 14:11

I think some time off is exactly what they need actually. I loved Buried in Oblivion and The Scattering of Ashes, but not so much Incurable Tragedy, which I thought was a big step backward for them. I think taking some time away will allow them to come up with some fresh ideas that hold up better than IT.

I actually liked The Incurable Tragedy, not as much as previous albums, but I did. But it seems to be the general view that it was disappointing. Maybe it was lacking in the originality department, but not much anything else for me.
----

My Instagram
28.09.2011 - 00:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah I agree with you. The first time I heard the incurable tragedy I couldn't really stand it. The riffs were too stopped up and it just seemed to either be lacking in the melody department or it was taking themes from the scattering of ashes and just recycling them.
Recently though I've grown to appreciate it, the same I've grown to appreciate Fallout from the War by SF.

As for sandstorm I think I like it. It definitely sounds like it could be an opening track. I do think it's kind of weak compared to what they usually do. Also, where's he harsh vocals? Where is the Brutality? I hope the rest of the album is at least 3x better.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.02.2012 - 09:43
BuriedInOblivion

Into Eternity is releasing a new song entitled Fukushima on Feb 15th. It will be available on ITunes and through intoeternity . bandcamp . com. If you haven't seen the three teaser videos they have already posted through their YouTube channel than check 'em out.
15.02.2012 - 10:27
Storchillarn

The Incurable Tragedy is their best album for me. When you say it's lacking in the melody department I don't really understand since SoA seems much less melodic. Or maybe I just like the melodies on TIT better. Anyways, I haven't really listened to any albums previous those two.. have I missed anything?
17.02.2012 - 15:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Storchillarn on 15.02.2012 at 10:27

The Incurable Tragedy is their best album for me. When you say it's lacking in the melody department I don't really understand since SoA seems much less melodic. Or maybe I just like the melodies on TIT better. Anyways, I haven't really listened to any albums previous those two.. have I missed anything?

You didn't listen to Buried In Oblivion? Easily their best album. "Dead Or Dreaming" and their self-titled are pretty worthy too
----

My Instagram
17.02.2012 - 17:35
Storchillarn

Written by BloodTears on 17.02.2012 at 15:01

Written by Storchillarn on 15.02.2012 at 10:27

You didn't listen to Buried In Oblivion? Easily their best album. "Dead Or Dreaming" and their self-titled are pretty worthy too

I guess I have some catching up to do, then. From what I understand there are different vocalists on those albums.. might be interesting.
26.02.2012 - 17:14
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Footage with new vocalist:

10.03.2012 - 13:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Ok, first contact with this new singer. It just sounds weird to be perfectly honest. "Surrounded By Night" was a little bit better though.
----

My Instagram
11.03.2012 - 01:13
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 10.03.2012 at 13:43

Ok, first contact with this new singer. It just sounds weird to be perfectly honest. "Surrounded By Night" was a little bit better though.

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence at this point. Hopefully she'll sound a little better once she gets a few gigs with the band under her belt and get's used to performing with the band.
11.03.2012 - 10:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 11.03.2012 at 01:13

Written by BloodTears on 10.03.2012 at 13:43

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence at this point. Hopefully she'll sound a little better once she gets a few gigs with the band under her belt and get's used to performing with the band.

Yes, she needs time but I won't think her voice can morph into Stu's so that would be a problem
----

My Instagram
25.03.2012 - 06:59
Darkfiber

...Wait, what? I thought Stu was staying in the band. Also, they replaced him with a chick? Ehhhhh, not sure how I feel about that. Not digging the new sound, honestly.
10.04.2012 - 08:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Ugh, I couldn't even get through a quarter of that video. They should just disband.
----
- George Carlin
13.04.2012 - 20:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Doc G. on 10.04.2012 at 08:37

Ugh, I couldn't even get through a quarter of that video. They should just disband.

Bleh, as much as it pains me to say it, I agree. If they are going to continue with this anyway...
----

My Instagram
14.04.2012 - 06:59
BlueMobius
Account deleted
It probably wouldn't be a bad thing for them to disband or form under a new name. Vocals are just one of Into Eternity's problems right now. My other main gripe with this band right now is the songwriting. There's just been too much noodling on the guitars and no solid songs lately.
16.04.2012 - 03:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, I think that the combination of bad vocals and bad songwriting should equal quit time for them. But hey, sometimes bands surprise you and turn it around in a big way. Just look at megadeth, if they can come back from Risk, cryptic writings and the world needs a hero then I'm sure IE could make a decent come back eventually. I just don't know how many more shitty albums i'd have to sit through before that happened.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
16.12.2012 - 21:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Still nothing new from these guys. It's a shame. I guess I was right when I thought that Stu leaving for Iced Earth would be the end. I guess they are doing some tours but nothing else.
----

My Instagram
16.12.2012 - 22:53
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 16.12.2012 at 21:29

Still nothing new from these guys. It's a shame. I guess I was right when I thought that Stu leaving for Iced Earth would be the end. I guess they are doing some tours but nothing else.

http://www.intoeternity.net/

According to a post from last month on their site, they are demoing new music with both Stu and Amanda contributing vocals.
17.12.2012 - 00:11
Stabby
Account deleted
"Devoured By Sarcopenia"

Oh yeah my friend's grandmother has that, terrible stuff. I also think that they should have one called Perturbed By Arthritis. I don't know what they're going for but sarcopenia isn't very metal, no offense to its sufferers. Maybe they mean some sort of extreme and rapid version, perhaps inflicted by a dark wizard of sorts, then we're talking. Fukushima is also a little lame-sounding. I like that they want to write about things that hit close to home and affect people, and The Incurable Tragedy was excellent and very poetic, but I'm afraid that they are going to get less awesome. You have to be a little more nuanced. This new two-singer thing is also a bit worrying. If IE goes to shit Canadian metal will be significantly worse.

Prove me wrong! *prepares to eat his words*