Metal Storm logo
Angelus Apatrida - In The Studio Recording New Album

Official Century Media press release:

Spanish thrash metallers Angelus Apatrida never rest! Only two days after the last show of their extensive Clockwork Tour, the band entered Ultrasound Studios in Moita, Portugal, together with producer Daniel Cardoso (Anathema, Anneke Van Giersbergen, etc.) and sound engineer Hugo Andrade, with whom they already previously worked for their much lauded Clockwork album, which marked the band's first release on Century Media Records.

This new album will be released sometime before the summer of 2012 and still doesn't have a title, but some details started surfacing already: Angelus Apatrida are recording 10 new tracks and 2 additional songs for bonus use. Some of the songtitles are "It's Rising!", "You Are Next", "Blood On The Snow", "Violent Dawn" and "Still Corrupt". They will also record a special cover track and the artwork for the album will again be done by Brazilian artist Gustavo Sazes (Arch Enemy, Firewind, The Crown, etc.), who's currently finishing the last details.

Guillermo Izquierdo (guitars and vocals) stated about the new songs as follows: "We are working on an album that's gonna be, without any shade of doubt, our most mature material. This time we have been able to do a pre-production of the whole record with Daniel Cardoso and it turned out to add a fresher taste in both the music and vocal melodies."

Angelus Apatrida recently escaped from studio's routine on the night of Dec 9th to play a gig in Moita's Live Caffé that also helped testing the new material on-stage. Highlights of the recently finished Clockwork Tour include several runs of headlining shows in Spain, national support for Slayer and Megadeth as well as two European tours with Skeletonwitch/Warbringer and then the Bonecrusher Tour 2011 with Dying Fetus, Keep Of Kalessin, Carnifex and many others.

Angelus Apatrida are gonna spend the rest of December in Portugal recording the new album, so stay tuned via their official Facebook profile and twitter in order not to miss any reports and further details!

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Angelus Apatrida
Posted: 15.12.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 33 users
15.12.2011 - 21:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Never heard of 'em. Are they part of that revivalist thing?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.12.2011 - 23:35
Vombatus
Potorro
Indeed.

Boring as hell, never understood the hype they have (at least in spain). Specially considering they became "famous" with their lastest album that is by far their worst.
16.12.2011 - 01:26
enumaelis

Written by Vombatus on 15.12.2011 at 23:35

Indeed.

Boring as hell, never understood the hype they have (at least in spain). Specially considering they became "famous" with their lastest album that is by far their worst.

Indeed, they became pretty famous here in Spain, I dont understand completely why.. . I guess there were a mix of reasons: people in Spain use to like classic Heavy Metal and Thrash, they play quite well, and they are a young band that gives an image of "fresh" -tho I think they have quite few creativity in composing-. I have been in a couple of their shows and hadnt seen so many metalheads in most of the international concerts in this city, ...
Angelus grew so much in few time that even got a deal with this Century Media for their 3rd album and my friends told me there were posters of them in the Hellfest 2010 while they were quite unknown out of Spain.
Uhm... I think they really inverted a lot of money on their band, but seems worked at least at national level cause everyone here talks wonderful things about them... and there are much better bands around...
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
16.12.2011 - 10:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
This studio is 10 minutes from my house, curiously enough.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.12.2011 - 11:26
BudDa

Written by BloodTears on 16.12.2011 at 10:35

...so, u'll be going to see 'em?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
17.12.2011 - 11:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by BudDa on 17.12.2011 at 11:26

Written by BloodTears on 16.12.2011 at 10:35

...so, u'll be going to see 'em?

No lol but I have seen them live here in 2010 when they played precisely in Moita. Good show, fun thrash night, but that is really all they got to offer.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 4813 | This month: 6