Metal Storm logo
Epica - Drummer Calls It Quits

Epica's first ever North American tour - supporting Kamelot - wrapped up on October 11th in Los Angeles, CA. Epica have posted the following update at their official website:

"We have just returned from our first USA/Canadian tour. It was an experience that we will never forget and we can only hope to return as soon as possible. Our thanks go out to Kamelot, the crew, the promoters, all the other bands we have shared the stage with and of course all of our fans that showed up every night!

Unfortunately, there is also some bad news: Jeroen (Simons) has decided to concentrate on an other musical career and will therefore leave Epica. We want to thank him for everything he has contributed to the band for the last 4 years and want to wish him all the best in his new musical career!

This means we are now looking for a new drummer. For more info contact info@epica.nl."

Epica will enter Gate Studios to begin pre-production for their next studio album on November 2nd.

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 15.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 7 users
15.10.2006 - 15:36
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Too bad!
I hope they will find a worthy substitute, good luck Epica!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
15.10.2006 - 16:00
Lupas
Maximus
Noo, that is a bad news.
Dam, it is supersition or not. My two most listen Bands are Epica and Nightwish. Both has members that left after a concert .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
15.10.2006 - 19:37
Torelli
Too bad! I hope they will find a good replacement. Does anyone know what kind of musical project Jeroen left for?
15.10.2006 - 22:13
SacredBlade
Well at least it will be easier to replace a drummer than a singer! Without Simmone they would be finished, as Nightwish will soon discover...
15.10.2006 - 22:53
Bash'
:)
SacredBlade is right ...
BTW is he [Jeroen Simone] Simone's brother or a relative of her??
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
16.10.2006 - 08:05
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Well, good luck to Jeroen It doesn't signal a problem in the band as far as I'm concerned; not everyone has the desire to make a career out of every band they play in... Looking forward to hearing some new stuff from them in the coming year or so. It was one hell of a tour here in the US they put on, one of the best concerts I've seen in the 15 years of concerts I've been going to!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
16.10.2006 - 08:22
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Ahh, bad news, but well, I agree with SacredBlade, it's easier to find a new drummer than a singer, good luck to Jeroen and to the rest of the band
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
16.10.2006 - 16:23
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Oh..that's bad news...hope they'll find a worthy replacement
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.10.2006 - 23:48
Daru Jericho
That's a shame. I have his drumstick from when they played here. I guess it's a 'collectors item' now. Here hoping for a good replacement.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

Hits total: 3520 | This month: 22