Metal Storm logo
Pestilential Shadows

20.12.2011 - 09:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Anti-humanistic Australian black metal band Pestilential Shadows have been around for quite some time now, releasing a handful of full-lengths along the way. Not a supergroup by definition, but members have (and in the case of former members, had) ties to the likes of Austere, Woods Of Desolation, Nazxul, Drowning The Light, and Baal Gadrial - described by Moribund Records as "sombre and melodic traditional black metal for fans of Weakling, Lord Belial, Kvist, Klage, and Dawn".

Their discography thus far:

The Fate of All that Lives demo (2003)
Putrify EP (2003)
Embrace After Death (2005)
Impaled by the Moon demo (2005)
Cursed (2006)
In Memoriam, Ill Omen (2009)
Depths (2011)

And this is me shamefully admitting I was unaware of their most recent release up until tonight...

Now for (y)our listening pleasure:

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 09:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I remeber this band from Ausie, I listened it some eyars ago , it was good,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.02.2012 - 01:21
Solemn23
Account deleted
Depths sounds like Pestilential Shadows have become the new Nazxul or something very alike, mixed together with some melancholic & atmospheric compositions known from a lot of Pestilential Shadows' related doom and depressive black metal bands. All I hear is copies of other projects these guys are involved in mashed together in an album without any identity of its own. In itself, it's decent music with a fine composition and a occasional -Orthodox- ambient backing, but that's about it, really.