Metal Storm logo
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

18.05.2006 - 12:08
Bash'
:)
New thread for this great Finnish band

They newly have released "Before The Bleeding Sun" album. most of us agreed that there style was changed totally, and IMO the only thing still as it was is the voice of Altti. not gonna make a poll to ask whether if they are better after or before they are re-banded coz most ppl gonna vote without explaining as what happened on th old forum i created..!!
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
18.05.2006 - 12:19
Bash'
i liked AVAAW alot and let me say "not liked" before the bleeding sun, the change in the style make it like a new band, like we aren't talk about the same band..!! which disturbed me alot... that why to change the style when all people liked it to a new normal style??
i know old work wasn't easy to be produced but new one is also not easy... then the band have new ideas but performed it with the new disturbing style..
----

18.05.2006 - 13:59
Lost One
Account deleted
Everdream, I have no idea what you just said..
Chances are it wasn't very positive, seeing the smilie you used!

Anyway, I never was much of an Eternal Tears of Sorrow fan, they were just another band for me. The only song that really kicked my ass was Black Tears, and they only covered that one. Anyway, when they released Before The Bleeding Sun I was blown away, unlike most fans, who seem to dislike it in general. I think it is brilliant, their best work to date. I love the über-melodic compositions. This is what metal should sound like in my opinion!
18.05.2006 - 20:16
Elfeder

hey it's not fair, I suposed to open this topic about ETOS damn ...0_0
19.05.2006 - 05:05
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I discoverd these guys recently and I automatically feel in love with their songs. They have a great atmosphere in most of the songs, great symphonic sound. I think AVAAW is the best album! About the last one: I don't think their style is TOTALLY changed.. they're changed, no doubt about that, but I think it sounds a bit similar to the AVAAW album.
I love the songs Sakura no rei and Sinister Rain (I consider it one song), great atmosphere!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
20.05.2006 - 21:06
Bash'
well ... for me ... AVAAW and CB have contained about 10-12 of my top top fav. metal songs ... something amazing, isn't it??

but the last one haven't made a sense .. haven't make an incridible stuff like b4 ... no track i can call it's a best song...

that's it .. but am sure too that if i knew them by there lsat album i would like it
still one of my fav. bands and i still do love their last album
----

15.06.2006 - 23:46
Stigmatized
Shouldn't this be in the Melodic Metal forum?

Anyway, I have Chaotic Beauty and Vilda Mánnu and they are good albums, though they don't really do anything new. Sound like a weaker Kalmah, still good though.
16.06.2006 - 01:36
Graveheart

I have always felt the other way about Kalmah, who are a weaker Eternal Tears of Sorrow in my opinion, still good though.

Before the Bleeding Sun didn't reach my expectations, but I wouldn't put it in the trash basket just yet, because it might have the potential to blow my mind one day if given another chance. But there is no way I am going to like it more than the previous two efforts that are some of the best Finnish metal albums ever recorded. The opener on the new one is a killer track, but the rest fail in keeping me interested. I just have to listen to it more. I bought it and about five other albums with Tiamat's A Deeper Kind of Slumber, and it's a sad thing for BtBS because it has become overshadowed by the Tiamat album.
16.06.2006 - 14:25
SteTech

I just got the new albums and I like it a lot, especially the choirs, they give me goosebumps!
17.06.2006 - 11:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey what are you think about Edge Of sanity cover "Black Tiers"
I realy love ETOS but I think this cover, I like it better original way
Best songs are 'Nighwings Lullaby" and "Bride Of the Crimson Sea" and lyrics are amazing poetic
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.06.2006 - 19:20
MetalGoddess

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow nice they are from Finland...a country which gives many good metal bands ...
my fav song from this band must be Burning Flames
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
17.06.2006 - 20:57
Destryphior

I don't think EToS changed that dramatically, I think BtBS is closer to Chaotic Beauty than AVAAW... They have become more symphonic, sounds quite like Nightwish... They are great, one of my Fav. bands...
18.06.2006 - 05:01
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Bad English on 17.06.2006 at 11:42

Actually, I never liked the song "Black Tears" from Edge Of Sanity much because the mix always sounded too weak for the song IMO... but when I heard the EToS cover, I realized how great the song was... but it took EToS to bring it to life for me. The cover version is so much heavier and the atmosphere is larger, courtesy of a better production.

Written by MetalGoddess on 17.06.2006 at 19:20

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow nice they are from Finland...a country which gives many good metal bands ...

Yesss someone who has a similar favorite song from EToS! "Burning Flames Embrace" is the first Eternal Tears of Sorrow song I heard, and it still is my favorite along with "Coronach". Most people that are EToS fans seem to enjoy Chaotic Beauty or AVAAW as a better album, but no, to me Vilda Mannu is their best as I find it the most consistent... and I like its lesser use of keyboards as it makes the album feel simpler yet just as heavy...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
18.06.2006 - 13:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 18.06.2006 at 05:01

Written by Bad English on 17.06.2006 at 11:42

Actually, I never liked the song "Black Tears" from Edge Of Sanity much because the mix always sounded too weak for the song IMO... but when I heard the EToS cover, I realized how great the song was... but it took EToS to bring it to life for me. The cover version is so much heavier and the atmosphere is larger, courtesy of a better production.

Written by MetalGoddess on 17.06.2006 at 19:20

Yesss someone who has a similar favorite song from EToS! "Burning Flames Embrace" is the first Eternal Tears of Sorrow song I heard, and it still is my favorite along with "Coronach". Most people that are EToS fans seem to enjoy Chaotic Beauty or AVAAW as a better album, but no, to me Vilda Mannu is their best as I find it the most consistent... and I like its lesser use of keyboards as it makes the album feel simpler yet just as heavy...

Well EoS werse are great, ist so melodic and one of poetical songs what Dan Swano hs wriiten in his life, My fav EoS album are "The Spectral Sorrows" but ETOS thay are one of best finishg band ever, so melodic, hard, poetic and amzing, specely female vocals

@DEXA Finland arent best metal country, France , Italyb and Germany are better Pm me I explain why
----

apos;'
[image]
22.06.2006 - 00:23
TheKreator
Account deleted
really really really great band...the first song i've ever listened by them was the Sick, dirty and mean ( Accept cover) and it left me simply amazed....after i listened to Aeon, Autumn's grief and Prophetian i realised this band is one of the best the metal scene has given us in the last few years...great technique, and though they resemble somewhat to Children of Bodom, they have their own particular style
22.06.2006 - 02:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.06.2006 at 00:23

great technique, and though they resemble somewhat to Children of Bodom, they have their own particular style

BTW try Edge Of sanit cover black tiers and well I agree its like CoF mix whit Insomnium yeah
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2006 - 17:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
From the ETOS newsletter :

Hello,

The official Eternal Tears of Sorrow website's got a new look! Check it out at
http://www.eternaltears.info !

Thanks,
Jarmo / Eternal Tears of Sorrow
----
Your favorite band sucks.
30.06.2006 - 16:00
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow is a wicked band IMO.. I really love the atmosphere they do manage to create. Black Tears and Shattered Soul of 'Chaotic Beauty' (the album) are my favorite songs.
01.07.2006 - 04:05
Meuterei
Account deleted
I never heard them until just recently, and Before The Bleeding Sun is one of my top candidates for album of the year so far (of course, we still haven't heard from Mastodon and Wintersun yet, so this may change)

Fantastic shit. I still need to look into their older stuff though.
02.07.2006 - 22:43
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
I love ETOS the way they used to be.....now they sound like Nightwish with a vocalist who tries to hard - they shouldve just died with dignity, now they fucked it all up
12.09.2006 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 01.07.2006 at 04:05

I never heard them until just recently, and Before The Bleeding Sun is one of my top candidates for album of the year so far (of course, we still haven't heard from Mastodon and Wintersun yet, so this may change)

Fantastic shit. I still need to look into their older stuff though.

You shood do, because last album is not suck gret I feel some distnce of probobly you wont understand but there are soem distance and first 4 albums are so great and deep and emotional, maybe not musicaly but read lyrics I enjoy read them realy realy enjoy but last album lyrics its ''cheeper'' dunno maybe band mambersd are older and merieged
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2006 - 22:47
Chazy Metal
Account deleted
Fucking best Extrem Metal of life !!!
24.09.2006 - 10:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
they're good.i like chaotic beauty the most out of their albums
they do create a good atmosphere in their songs and they manage to mix harsh vocals with melodicity really well
25.09.2006 - 05:40
tulkas
el parcero
I really like this band, and although I do agree that they changed their style, I did like it. Befoe the bleeding sun is really goog IMO, specially the last song 'Angelheart, Ravenheart...' which is my favorite from that album, and one of my favorites from the band.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
25.09.2006 - 14:20
Sasuke_Avenger
Account deleted
Well, I love this band very much, since I have a chance to have one copy of "Chaotic Beauty" :x

But ... "Before the Bleeding Sun" ? Well, it's cool, but I don't like it very much. Can't compare it to their earlier albums, like A Virgin and a Whore

But it still a good album, isn't it ? I love 'Angelheart, Ravenheart' ,too, I think this one is the best
25.09.2006 - 17:44
Bash'
yeah 'Angelheart, Ravenheart' is good

it's the best in the album imo .. especially the last part of it (maybe the last 3 minutes)

but as you & me said b4.. still their new stuff worth nothing compared to previous ones..

@ Slottet av Take: i agree with you the max now about "they should've just died with dignity" .. even i liked it alot when i knew that they are going back re-banding
----

26.09.2006 - 00:10
Veeken
Account deleted
A killer band for sure. I really like "a virgin and a whore" album, especially the song "heart of wilderness." Have not had the chance to check out "before the bleeding sun."
28.09.2006 - 11:28
Sasuke_Avenger
Account deleted
Written by Bash' on 25.09.2006 at 17:44

yeah 'Angelheart, Ravenheart' is good

it's the best in the album imo .. especially the last part of it (maybe the last 3 minutes)

You mean the Symphonic/Orchestra/Whatever part after the second key solo and the final choirs , I love that part, too, and I think Red dawn rising is another good piece in the album, too

And yeah, I think AVaAW is the best album of their, too. I just love the keyboard solo in 'Prophetian' and 'Aurora Borealis', and the ballad 'The River Flows Frozen' is really good
13.10.2006 - 13:44
Vidrageon
Account deleted
They're back! And a great band, I prefer them over DT/IF/etc, and they happen to be Finnish ;>
15.10.2006 - 02:18
Bitch Boy

This band is great. My favorite song is Prophetian and my favorite album is also AVAAW.

@ Vidrageon: why the comparison between ETOS and Dark Tranquillity or In Flames?? Remember that ETOS (and similar bands like CoB) aren't melo-death, they're extreme power metal (in the case of ETOS, extreme symphonic power).