Metal Storm logo
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

Original post

Posted by Bash', 18.05.2006 - 12:08
New thread for this great Finnish band

They newly have released "Before The Bleeding Sun" album. most of us agreed that there style was changed totally, and IMO the only thing still as it was is the voice of Altti. not gonna make a poll to ask whether if they are better after or before they are re-banded coz most ppl gonna vote without explaining as what happened on th old forum i created..!!
16.11.2007 - 20:31
Bash'
:)
Written by Guest on 16.11.2007 at 19:23

So what thoughts does this bring up, and what are the songs you guys feel have the real essence of ETOS in them?

Bride Of Crimson Sea [can't find such a good keys intro in BTBS], same goes for Autumn's Grief, The Last One For Life & Nocturnal Strains

Also liked Prophetian, The River Flows Frozen & Fall of Man

And for the first album I like Dirge [Perfect indeed] & Empty Eyes

I liked riffs of choruses for The Law of the Flames & The Son of the Forest really, though the song's starts weren't that good but went on better....

For Vilda Mannu, I like Burning Flames' Embrace [One of the most brilliant melodic death songs I listend for, all time], Nightwind's Lullaby & for sure Coronach

Conclusion, what I liked in ETOS, or what I call ETOS, isn't much available in the latest album, only some elements like guest vocalits, good ending parts, but not the same unique melodic style, no, but just like another band playing melodic music that can be written by even new bands in the style.
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
15.12.2007 - 17:40
Sunioj
I finally got Etos' latest album. And IMO after a long time of absorbing their previous albums and maybe overplaying some tracks here and there, I can say I absolutely love this album. There is only one problem though, 'Before the Bleeding Sun' is too short . Or at least feels that way.
16.12.2007 - 10:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sunioj on 15.12.2007 at 17:40

I finally got Etos' latest album. And IMO after a long time of absorbing their previous albums and maybe overplaying some tracks here and there, I can say I absolutely love this album. There is only one problem though, 'Before the Bleeding Sun' is too short . Or at least feels that way.

Listen 100 in train when go to school and you change your mind
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.12.2007 - 17:26
Sunioj
Written by Bad English on 16.12.2007 at 10:13

You mean since its short and that I like it? I can get bored with any album if I play it too much IMO
16.12.2007 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sunioj on 16.12.2007 at 17:26

Written by Bad English on 16.12.2007 at 10:13

You mean since its short and that I like it? I can get bored with any album if I play it too much IMO

I use to hate in in begining but now i like it after 5 times in short period you like it
----

apos;'
[image]
17.12.2007 - 16:50
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
I didnt really like their new one, Virgin And A Whore is one of my favorite albums though
15.04.2008 - 04:41
DreamWeaver
Elite
I absolutely love their last album. Dows anyone know other bands that play this kind of Symphonic Extreme Power Metal?
----
17.04.2008 - 02:21
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Oh... I just started listening to them and they are indeed amazing... Still I dont know how to classify them (haha labels ftw!) is it Extreme Symphonic Power Metal, Melodeath, Symphonic Melodeath, Speedy Death/Doom, or what?! haha not that it really matter but I felt like bringing that up
----
03.05.2008 - 20:17
Fhuesc
Does anyone have some news?, it's been 2 year since they release BTBS
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
04.05.2008 - 01:15
ß
Problem?
Here is the news http://eternaltears.info/cms/index.php . Just look on the page and you'll find it
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
19.06.2008 - 04:33
Mull666
i find it frightning that zero of former members that started the band are present...bleeding sun isnt super bad but its defenitly a spiritual successor to the amazing vrigin and a hore wich was one of the best metal albums of all time. A step backwards and a huge mountain to climb for the new members to achieve the same sort of perfection. I hopefully want them to do that cause i love the music but who knows
22.06.2008 - 18:48
Uller
New album under way!! i cant wait for it.
Random trivia: this is the only band that is symphonic melodic death
----
24.06.2008 - 14:21
Mull666
Written by Guest on 24.06.2008 at 06:36

Written by Mull666 on 19.06.2008 at 04:33

i find it frightning that zero of former members that started the band are present...bleeding sun isnt super bad but its defenitly a spiritual successor to the amazing vrigin and a hore wich was one of the best metal albums of all time. A step backwards and a huge mountain to climb for the new members to achieve the same sort of perfection. I hopefully want them to do that cause i love the music but who knows

What do you mean dude...? Altti Veteläinen and Jarmo Puolakanaho started ETOS and still are the core of the band today, no original members check thier profile more closely.

o bugger, o well guess that makes me look like abit of a dousch doesnt it, bands still good
25.06.2008 - 01:09
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I think all ETOS albums are great in their own way.. IMO "A Virgin and Whore" is the best, but theres great songs in the last one too (to be truthful imo they're all good lol) I love the songs Sakura No Rei and Sinister Rain (as one).. it's a bit repetitive but I can't find such an atmosphere in any other song from any other band. that's why I think Etos are unique.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
07.01.2009 - 09:50
White Metal
Damn I can't stop listening to Sakura No Rei and Sinister Rain
07.01.2009 - 19:10
Janne
Hugin
Written by White Metal on 07.01.2009 at 09:50

Damn I can't stop listening to Sakura No Rei and Sinister Rain

Yeah, there was time when I listened to those songs 5 times a day.. and I still enjoy listening to them!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
08.01.2009 - 20:42
White Metal
I have BTBS and VAH and chaotic beauty do Urecommends their first two albums or should i skip them
15.01.2009 - 23:19
written in stone
Account deleted
Fuck atleast your guys can actually get there albums i mean at my music stores there no such thing thank god for mp3's, lol. ya i know i could go on the interweb and buy but i gots me no credit card. but there style is changing yes but not in a bad way, maybe this new memer will help and bring new shit to the table and pump out a awsome album. end of the line i really dont care these guys know what there doing they know as a fan what we want and expect from them now if they push up the limits then thats a whole new story.
21.02.2009 - 21:51
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I can't wait for the release of their next album, the song on their Myspace is really great, it's so ETOS, I hope that the next will be an awesome album.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
21.02.2009 - 23:47
Janne
Hugin
By now I know the lyrics of the new song since I listened to it more then 15 times.
It promises a great album! It's so hard to wait untill it comes out..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
22.02.2009 - 01:15
Nei
I really like this band, though I have yet to buy the albums. They are high on the priority list.
Autumn's Grief was one of the first songs that I learned to play on the keyboard.
22.02.2009 - 12:21
Janne
Hugin
Written by Nei on 22.02.2009 at 01:15

I really like this band, though I have yet to buy the albums. They are high on the priority list.
Autumn's Grief was one of the first songs that I learned to play on the keyboard.

Autumn's Grief is the nicest song I've ever heard!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.05.2009 - 01:12
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Mm... whole album finally leaked... sounds great imo
edit:
mmm... more clean vocals than before, so I'm guessing it would be a love or hate album
----
loves 小巫
24.05.2009 - 10:27
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ag Fox on 24.05.2009 at 01:12

edit:
mmm... more clean vocals than before, so I'm guessing it would be a love or hate album

Do you alredy have it? Please send me a torrent link! (In PM of course)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.05.2009 - 11:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Janne on 24.05.2009 at 10:27

edit:

He meant samples man IMO because those was online, read MS news
Well I werry much use to love firts 4 albums , when get 5th I didnt like it but after long listening in train way beck home I start love it dunno how be this one
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2009 - 20:29
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite

edit:

PM-ed as requested
----
loves 小巫
24.05.2009 - 20:34
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ag Fox on 24.05.2009 at 20:29

edit:

PM-ed as requested

Thanks!
@K7: of course I heard the samples!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
25.05.2009 - 20:47
Fhuesc

edit:

I dont love it nor hate it, i just found it uninspired and too similar to the other Veteläinen's band, For My Pain. Band that i didnt liked. Also this suffers from what has been a trend, the cheesy and great keyboard solos aren't present, just like Children of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah.
----
Until victory, always!
25.05.2009 - 20:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ag Fox on 24.05.2009 at 20:29

edit:

PM-ed as requested

If you still have the link, please pm it to me too
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.05.2009 - 20:53
Fhuesc
Written by Elio on 25.05.2009 at 20:49

If you still have the link, please pm it to me too

Search it on google, i got it from rapidshare.
----
Until victory, always!