Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - Unveil New Album Details

After taking a trip back in time with the Draconian Times MMXI DVD/live album (the London legacy show of their classic album from 1995) and also Gregor Mackintosh's return to his crusty doom/death metal roots with Vallenfyre (along his mates from My Dying Bride, Doom and At The Gates), it's time for Paradise Lost's 13th studio album.

Gregor Mackintosh states: "We are currently holed up in The Chapel studios in Lincolnshire, England, recording our new album which is entitled Tragic Idol. The album will again be produced by Jens Bogren and is influenced by classic doom metal and classic metal. I would say it is more melodic than the last record whilst retaining the heaviness. There are lots of guitar solos and melodies. The album will contain such track titles as "Honesty In Death", "Theories From Another World", "In This We Dwell" and the title track "Tragic Idol".

Tragic Idol is scheduled for a worldwide release through Century Media Records on April 23rd, 2012, in Europe and April 24th, 2012, in North America.

Source: paradiselost.co.uk
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 20.12.2011 by ravendeath

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 188 users
20.12.2011 - 16:17
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I haven't been the biggest fan of them ever since they switched to Rock, but after their latest DVD I think they are coming back to their old days. I'm definitely getting this one.
20.12.2011 - 17:56
Stotty

Something tells me this will be a mix of icon and shades of god which, in my humble opinion has classic writen all over it. the last two albums were superb and the two before that were great
20.12.2011 - 20:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I quite liked Faith Divides Us... hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 21:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.12.2011 at 20:05

I quite liked Faith Divides Us... hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.

I've heard only a couple of songs from Faith Divides Us... (despite the fact that I own it, haven't heard it all yet) but yeah... but the material I've heard from that album was better than anything after Draconian Times...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.12.2011 - 00:50
Slayer666

Awww yeah. Been wondering what they'll do next. I liked everything from them other than the boring One Second, so whatever they dish out is probably going to be "OK" at least.

Hits total: 4005 | This month: 6