Metal Storm logo
Storm Corrosion = Steven Wilson + Mikael Åkerfeldt

Original post

Posted by Ðírg&euml, 22.12.2011 - 19:36
Well I dont know if this is the right forum catagory to post this but here it is... I think some of you already know about this through Steve wilson facebook group. I couldnt wait to say this whatever times I can. It's totally wicked to hear my most favorite three musicians are working together. I really do hope that they come up with something less similar but equally class music like opeth/Porcupine Tree/Steve Wilson/Bloodbath and so on.

here is a video of steve talking about the project: http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/8058/steven-wilson-exclusive-interview-2011

The official Storm Corrosion Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Corrosion/187831801312141?sk=wall
20.05.2012 - 00:57
IronAngel

Yeah... this album is not good. I don't mind self-indulgence if it's something the listener can enjoy, too. There's nothing enjoyable about this album. There are dozens of better psych folk and prog albums out there right now. If it weren't for their names, these guys would never get attention.
20.05.2012 - 01:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by IronAngel on 20.05.2012 at 00:57

Yeah... this album is not good. I don't mind self-indulgence if it's something the listener can enjoy, too. There's nothing enjoyable about this album. There are dozens of better psych folk and prog albums out there right now. If it weren't for their names, these guys would never get attention.

This statement is completely true but I'm actually enjoying this album a lot, I don't know any other Psych/folk/prog/whatever artists and this sound was both weird and really interesting to me.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
17.06.2012 - 14:48
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
First part of a great interview Face Culture did with Steven Wilson. What a great man he is!

----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.06.2012 - 04:58
Stabby
Account deleted
It was a good one time album. There really isn't that much substance there, I'll agree with that. It's not some amazing masterpiece, but it has its moments.
26.06.2012 - 17:21
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
The album works well as background music. It has interesting ideas and memorable moments, and overall my impression is positive although, I'd say the album merely escapes the boring territory.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
09.07.2012 - 01:11
TheMike

I got this album basically blind a few weeks ago. I have to admit I'd only listened to a little Opeth before and nothing from Porcupine Tree, so I went in only knowing the general direction I thought the music would take. Needless to say I expected something a lot heavier. I'm still not sure what I think of the album. On the one hand I think it's cool and it doesn't sound like much else I've ever heard, but on the other hand I can't escape the notion that it might be really boring once the novelty of figuring it out wears off.

This could be the sort of album that takes some growing time.
09.07.2012 - 04:41
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by TheMike on 09.07.2012 at 01:11

I can't escape the notion that it might be really boring once the novelty of figuring it out wears off.

I agree 100% with this.
It's still a good record for background music, sleeping, studying... but I don't have any interest of sitting down and actually listen to the record after a considerable amount of spins anymore.
08.09.2012 - 08:21
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Unlike my fellow Metal Stormers, I actually really enjoy this album. Some of the acoustic guitar passages were beautiful, and the mellotron section in the last song (I forget the name) instantly recalled Close to the Edge by Yes, it was so breathtaking. Sure it's not an album that i return to on an absolute daily basis, but I'm fine with that, because whenever I do go back to it, I pick up something i haven't really heard before. I don't care what people say, this is great stuff.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
08.09.2012 - 22:33
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by InnerSelf on 20.05.2012 at 01:04

I'm actually enjoying this album a lot, I don't know any other Psych/folk/prog/whatever artists and this sound was both weird and really interesting to me.

This is kinda how I feel. I don't know too much psychedelic/folk-type music, and Storm Corrosion is pretty awesome from where I'm standing. It's boring from the point of view of a metalhead, but I've never been a pure metalhead anyway. I like stuff like Afro Celt Soundsystem and even Imogen Heap (my wife likes it, so of course I'd end up listening to it). This album is great, full of art and emotion.

Also, just read this comment, and I agree with it completely:
Written by CobiWan1993 on 08.09.2012 at 08:21

Unlike my fellow Metal Stormers, I actually really enjoy this album. Some of the acoustic guitar passages were beautiful, and the mellotron section in the last song (I forget the name) instantly recalled Close to the Edge by Yes, it was so breathtaking. Sure it's not an album that i return to on an absolute daily basis, but I'm fine with that, because whenever I do go back to it, I pick up something i haven't really heard before. I don't care what people say, this is great stuff.
----