03. Vertical Limit
04. Passenger
05. The Whisperer
06. To Whom It May Concern
07. Above The Rest
08. Red Condition
09. Servants Poem
10. Thou Walk Eternal

Well, I'll be damned, Gojira have company. Nothing threatening, mind you, but company nonetheless. Though not playing music that's particularly groundbreaking in a broad sense, Gojira have always had a very distinct sound to them, it was probably only a short time until someone stepped forward to follow this closely in their footsteps.

Alright, so not strictly Gojira, but also some Meshuggah thrown in there as well. Proggy & technical, with a few hardcore & melodeath touches tossed in to give a bit of extra crunch. The part that makes K2 so suspiciously close to those two previously listed bands is how heavily rhythmic patterns are emphasized. Instead of having some neat-o riffs with some skilled drumming working in the back, it seems all instruments work together for the sake of rhythm. In fact, I'd go as far as saying the guitars follow the drums in a large way.

...Aaaaand that's where the appreciation ends. Adimiron do show a few signs of stepping out of their heroes shadows once in a while, tossing in a couple chunks of what could be considered industrial. They just don't do it enough. It almost seems they're conscious of this derivation; as soon as you start thinking "Oh well, they sound exactly like so-and-so here" they jump into a different sound. Problem is, they don't jump into anything that sounds like their own. Quiet prog moment brought to you by Opeth, crunchy grooving moment brought to you by Gojira, uber-techy moment brought to you by Meshuggah, etc. Admittedly, it would be very cool to hear these sounds brought together, then re-interpreted by a third party (in this case, maybe Adimiron), but it never happens.

For people who love this type of music, I can see the finer details being more prominent, making this a better listen. For those out there who are casual listeners, this is another "Been there. Heard that." album.

Written on 23.12.2011 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 76 users
23.12.2011 - 14:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
K7
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.12.2011 - 17:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 23.12.2011 at 14:59

K7

Yes! I noticed that too, that it had the letter "K" and a number in it's title! Kind of like your old username! Frankly, I can't contain how excited I am about this, it's just fascinating.

*Begins slow clap*
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.12.2011 - 21:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
G8
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 22:43
RavenKing

Written by Doc G. on 23.12.2011 at 17:05

Written by Bad English on 23.12.2011 at 14:59

K7

Yes! I noticed that too, that it had the letter "K" and a number in it's title! Kind of like your old username! Frankly, I can't contain how excited I am about this, it's just fascinating.

*Begins slow clap*

It's a relief it is K2 and not K7. Just imagine how hard it would be to read the lyrics in english. lol
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody

Hits total: 3816 | This month: 5