Metal Storm logo
Savage Circus - Piet Sielck Leaves The Band

German power metallers Savage Circus have announced the departure of guitarist Piet Sielck. You can read his statement below.

"After long and intensive thinking I came to the conclusion that I cannot uphold any further engagement for Savage Circus any more and hereby officially quit. I am proud of what has been achieved, but I just cannot imagine myself doing songwriting and production more or less completely alone for a third time. This has drained too much energy in the past already, which was needed in more important spots. I am not willing to make such a sacrifice again."

"Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not. Savage Circus has been absolutely challenging... but my heart beats for Iron Savior. And music simply is a matter of the heart!"

Source: savage-circus.com
Band profile: Savage Circus
Posted: 23.12.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 67 users
23.12.2011 - 16:54
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
SHIT@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
this is Real Bad News!
Best Wishes For SC
\\m//
23.12.2011 - 17:25
SMAX

Bad news for Savage Circus indeed but I'm glad he's putting all his efforts into Iron Savior again!
23.12.2011 - 19:03
Baz Anderson

Seems like Piet was left with all the work to do with this band anyway, so it makes sense for him to say no and put it into his own band.

I actually got to see Savage Circus live in 2006, shame I didn't get any pictures.
23.12.2011 - 19:26
Stabby
Account deleted
I can understand this, he only has so many golden ideas, and Savage Circus is full of them, doing that for both bands would be a struggle. Hopefully they get a great replacement and keep it going strong. And I'm glad he's going to be focusing on Iron Savior.
23.12.2011 - 22:38
RavenKing

First, Thomen Stauch and then Piet Sielck leaving.
Now, they're left with two guys who will most likely put their energy in Persuader first.
This band goes absolutely nowhere.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
24.12.2011 - 01:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Who cares? Savage Circus has been barely relevant since Thomen Stauch left way back when.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.12.2011 - 10:08
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I've never really cared for Iron Savior, SC always had more passion and the old BG feeling in their music. This news really hit me bad.
----
24.12.2011 - 22:23
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Auch ... on one hand really bad news, on the other they will be able to focus more on the Iron Savior and Persuader now ... but I would like to see some more from Savage Circus .. and I'm not sure if SC is more popular than Persuader, but I have a feeling that Persuader is too much unknown and underground ... it would be good do get new album from both Persuader and Savage Circus, but I think it may be too much, especially when you consider that they sound quite alike.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes

Hits total: 4113 | This month: 12