07. Eternal
08. Moon Light Wave
09. Dedicated To Violator
10. Merry-Go-Round
11. La+
12. Sai-Ka-No
13. Void Dmn-str-mix [Japanese bonus]
14. Royal Sky [Digipak bonus]

There comes a time in every man's life when he asks himself: Am I metal? Vanilla or chocolate? Fart or hold it in at the mercy of this hot chick in line next to me at the super market? And especially the age-old question: Why don't girls find me approachable? Well, it's probably because they're steering clear of your sweet (yet highly dangerous) moves while you're dancing to Blood Stain Child's latest album, you friggin' weirdo.

Now before hearing εpsilon, I was only familiar with Blood Stain Child's album, Mozaiq, and I have to admit that I was not entirely convinced with the band's blend of electro-pop and metal. To me, it sounded like Children Of Bodom with electronic elements kinda forced into the concoction. But I figured they were still experimenting, so I let it slide (but just that once). Luckily, I think they've really found a great balance with εpsilon, given that I can't really figure out if I would describe the music on this album as metal or electronic. And it certainly doesn't take the most worldly person in the world to figure out that εpsilon is clearly an album spawned from the Land of the Rising Sun at first listen. For lack of a more concrete description, it's like someone took a modern Children Of Bodom-ish album, taped it to some sugar, strapped it to a unicorn and then launched the mythical horse into the depths space where cotton candy grows on meteors.

To be honest, I'm not going to sit here and describe each element of the music. This is because, besides the great female-fronted vocals, nothing really stands out or is all that special; it's the final product that matters here. εpsilon is an album full of aggressive electro-metal music that is full of catchy beats and melodies that will make you groove whether you want to or not. Sure, half of εpsilon could be considered filler, but the album's great flow and really (and I mean really) infectious, catchy songs more than make up for it. Metal purists will probably hate this after a minute of listening, but the rest of us who are looking for something a bit easier and fruity to listen to (admit it... that's like most of the population of us Metal Stormers) will be shitting rainbows and dancing around their living room for months to come. εpsilon is pure ear candy for those able to stomach it. With that being said: happy listening, space cowboys.

Songs that will make your body move: "Stargazer", "Electricity", and "Dedicated to Violator".

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Fat & Sassy! | 25.12.2011

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 39   Visited by: 525 users
26.12.2011 - 23:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BloodTears on 26.12.2011 at 22:04

Hilarious review from the sassy of the sassiest. Also, I think I will never listen to this album.

You're missing out

*dances his way out*
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.12.2011 - 05:34
Rating: 8
Fat & Sassy!

As usual, Mr. Doctor being grim as fuck. >:[
28.12.2011 - 15:58
hadriel

I can't stop listening to some of the songs even though I know this album is garbage, lol! I actually like some of BSC's older material though. Hilarious review!
28.12.2011 - 17:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:42

Written by strade on 25.12.2011 at 07:24
If this doesn't end up in somebody's signature, I'll be shocked.

I'll be honored if it does.

thy will has been done.

XD
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.12.2011 - 17:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.12.2011 at 05:34

As usual, Mr. Doctor being grim as fuck. >:[

I learned from the best.
*grimfive!* >:[
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.12.2011 - 23:38
drf1223

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.12.2011 at 07:00

AND ALSO ALSO, I friggin' just noticed that I unintentionally kinda made what could be mistaken for a reference to an anime series with my closing comment. Whoops! A slap on the ass to the first loser that can figure out which one I'm talking about! ^-^

Cowboy Bebop is a gem!

I completely agree with your review. I wouldn't be able to rate it either. It's just like the japanese to release something weird and creative like this...
By the way, when I first saw the cover I thought it was a metal arrange Megurine Luka album LOL
29.12.2011 - 05:56
Evil Chip

I like hearing this in the subway but it's highly dangerous for the extreme dance moves that it may unleash in you.
31.12.2011 - 06:58
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Did you know that the singer is Greek?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.03.2012 - 23:00
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.12.2011 at 07:54

Meh, who needs girls when you got Metal?

I need both, I can't live without both of 'em.

Hits total: 7108 | This month: 3