Metal Storm logo
Worst Album in 2011 by an extreme metal band (the vote)

Poll

Here's the nominees. Cast your vote!

Metallica - Lulu
Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus
Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
The Haunted - Unseen
Krallice - Diotima
Cradle of Filth - Evermore Darkly
Peste Noire - L'Ordure à L'&eacut

Total votes: 66
28.12.2011 - 09:57
Savopipo
I took the liberty to remove the "Almost all 2011 albums were bad except for Immolation's Providence EP" nomination since I thought it was a bit to wide.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
28.12.2011 - 10:04
Cyroth
Metallica an extreme metal band? say wha?
Also, why post a thread about best/worst of 2011 when we will have the ms awards in February next year for the best (and biggest letdown) of 2011?
----
28.12.2011 - 13:57
Absak
The biggest disappointment for me this year is Fleshgod Apocalypse.
28.12.2011 - 14:19
ANGEL REAPER
Khaos Legions ...definitely worst ... on so many levels ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.12.2011 - 14:24
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Gallhammer's 'The End' should have also been nominated.
28.12.2011 - 18:39
RavenKing
How the hell can you put "Diotima" in the same category as "Lulu" and the new Morbid Angel?
Those albums are almost universally considered as crap, while "Diotima" has not even been mentioned as a disappointment.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
28.12.2011 - 19:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 28.12.2011 at 18:39

How the hell can you put "Diotima" in the same category as "Lulu" and the new Morbid Angel?
Those albums are almost universally considered as crap, while "Diotima" has not even been mentioned as a disappointment.

I didn't find Diotima a disappointment because I knew it would be a steaming pile of pretentious, mashed together "avant-garde" horse manure before I even heard it.
28.12.2011 - 19:16
Slayer666

Diotima isn't a disappointment for me because I expected nothing from it in the first place, but I do consider that album an epitome of boredom.

But yeah, it's leaps and bounds above the other two.
28.12.2011 - 19:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol jynx.

This thread also needs Shining nominated btw.
28.12.2011 - 19:22
Slayer666
New Shining still shits over Diotima and In the Anus.

(not mentioning Lulu because it's obviously not an extreme metal record, and I can only speculate about what made the OP post it in the poll)
28.12.2011 - 19:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 28.12.2011 at 19:17
This thread also needs Shining nominated btw.

Agree, I would probably vote for it. As most of this albums aren't even extreme.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.12.2011 - 20:17
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 28.12.2011 at 19:15

I didn't find Diotima a disappointment because I knew it would be a steaming pile of pretentious, mashed together "avant-garde" horse manure before I even heard it.

I see. I guess you don't like Krallice at all and I respect this point of view. I'm aware that lots of people can't stand Krallice.
But what I meant is "Diotima" is not a bad album, not even a disappointment, for fans of Krallice.
On the other hand, even fans of Metallica and Morbid Angel consider their new album as pure crap.
----
28.12.2011 - 20:18
RavenKing
Written by Slayer666 on 28.12.2011 at 19:16

Diotima isn't a disappointment for me because I expected nothing from it in the first place, but I do consider that album an epitome of boredom.

But yeah, it's leaps and bounds above the other two.

Lots of people find Krallice boring. I'm one of those who like the band but I know they're not very popular.
----
28.12.2011 - 20:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 28.12.2011 at 20:18

Lots of people find Krallice boring. I'm one of those who like the band but I know they're not very popular.

That's the thing, they are popular (comparatively speaking). Their first album got a bizarre amount of press attention, even from relatively mainstream publications. I don't get for a second why. Initially they were touted as being similar to Weakling (how that came to be I have no idea) but for me they are the very definition of overrated.
28.12.2011 - 20:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I agree with RavenKing, Diotima seems out of place because most of the fans of the band like the album, those who aren't fans OF COURSE wouldn't like it.
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.12.2011 - 21:19
RavenKing
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.12.2011 at 20:47

I agree with RavenKing, Diotima seems out of place because most of the fans of the band like the album, those who aren't fans OF COURSE wouldn't like it.

Yeah, that was my point. Of course, those who dislike Krallice won't like the album but the fans like it.
You can't say the same about "Lulu" and the new Morbid Angel.
----
28.12.2011 - 21:38
As a Krallice fan I enjoyed Diotima and haven't seen anyone who cares about the band consider it to be a bad release. Peste Noire got far too many positive reviews for a ''worst album'' and comparisons with other shit on the list. Let me guess, thread starter is just randomly hating on these bands which he hated *before* this year's albums?
28.12.2011 - 22:01
RavenKing
Written by Scornful Curse on 28.12.2011 at 21:38

As a Krallice fan I enjoyed Diotima and haven't seen anyone who cares about the band consider it to be a bad release.

That's the reason why I believe "Diotima" should not appear on the list.
I think that when talking about "the worst extreme metal album of the year", we should consider the point of view of the fans of a band and not the point of view of those who dislike the band. If the album is considered as a disappointment by most of the fans, then it belongs to this poll.

However, I'm not here to blame those who dislike Krallice. As much as I like the band, I can perfectly understand that other people can dislike it and it's their right to voice their dislike.
Myself, I dislike lots of bands and albums that many others enjoy.
Also, I can see that if the music leaves you indifferent, you feel that the band is overrated. It's normal.

I don't want this thread to become a debate between those who like Krallice and those who don't.

As far as I know, Peste Noire and Arch Enemy should not appear on the list either because, unless I'm mistaken, the albums were not a major disappointment for the fans, even though I don't care at all for those bands.
----
28.12.2011 - 22:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
I still don't get what's wrong with the latest Shining.
----
28.12.2011 - 22:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 28.12.2011 at 22:01

That's the reason why I believe "Diotima" should not appear on the list.
I think that when talking about "the worst extreme metal album of the year", we should consider the point of view of the fans of a band and not the point of view of those who dislike the band. If the album is considered as a disappointment by most of the fans, then it belongs to this poll.

However, I'm not here to blame those who dislike Krallice. As much as I like the band, I can perfectly understand that other people can dislike it and it's their right to voice their dislike.
Myself, I dislike lots of bands and albums that many others enjoy.
Also, I can see that if the music leaves you indifferent, you feel that the band is overrated. It's normal.

I don't want this thread to become a debate between those who like Krallice and those who don't.

As far as I know, Peste Noire and Arch Enemy should not appear on the list either because, unless I'm mistaken, the albums were not a major disappointment for the fans, even though I don't care at all for those bands.

I think the OP may have been basing these nominations on the thread he did previously about the same topic. I was quite vocal about Krallice and maybe some others were too so I assume that's why it's here. I very much doubt, as the other Raven suggests, that Krallice are here because of some predetermined hate for them.
28.12.2011 - 22:58
adace1
I would go with Morbid Angel but I'm not a fan of theirs to begin with so I'll vote Arch Enemy. What a boring album.
29.12.2011 - 00:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Warman on 28.12.2011 at 22:03
I still don't get what's wrong with the latest Shining.

Probably one of the lamest and less inspired albums I've heard from 2011. Everything I loved from Shining isn't there. The acustic guitars sound fake, the vocals (both clean and harsh) sound almost like a fucking joke: Tiden Läker Inga Sår is just plain fucking horrible when Kvarforth starts to sing. The chorus of Tillsammans Är Vi Allt is extremely cheesy...heh, pretty much everything is wrong tbh. No memorable riffs... The name of the last song is perfect... Because this album sounds so fake to me.

Which is a damn shame because there's one song I like (and I really really like) which is the first one, I had so much hope for the rest when that song ended. The clean vocals on that song were perfect and never used again in the same way.
----
Rod, let me love you.
29.12.2011 - 01:55
Savopipo
The albums (apart from Lulu which I started out nominating) was all nominated by you guys! Personally I think COF should have a much higher ranking than it acutally has because it's just the same product in a new package but again I only administer the thread. I don't nominate (apart from Metallicas sorry creation) and I don't vote (more than once). The interesting thing here is that this voting thread (after the nomination is done) generated much more opinions than the actual nomination thread, which I believe says more about the forum participants than me as OP.
----
29.12.2011 - 01:56
Savopipo
Written by Absak on 28.12.2011 at 13:57

The biggest disappointment for me this year is Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Then you should have nominated them.
----
29.12.2011 - 01:56
Savopipo
Written by Guest on 28.12.2011 at 14:24

Then why didn't you?
----
29.12.2011 - 02:02
Savopipo
Written by Guest on 28.12.2011 at 19:15

That nomination was a bit vague but then again if nonone votes for it what's the harm?
----
29.12.2011 - 02:24
Savopipo

You specifically wrote:
"Yeah Morbid Angel was bad, but don't forget that The Haunted also released a really crappy album this year. Seems like the cool thing this year was to pull a Cryptopsy and completely change your band's sound. "
And you say the above??????
----
29.12.2011 - 03:10
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Savopipo on 29.12.2011 at 02:24

You specifically wrote:
"Yeah Morbid Angel was bad, but don't forget that The Haunted also released a really crappy album this year. Seems like the cool thing this year was to pull a Cryptopsy and completely change your band's sound. "
And you say the above??????

Dude, I was just making a statement.
29.12.2011 - 03:38
BreadGod
Account deleted
My vote goes to KILL A COP COP KILL A COP KILL A KILL A KILL A COP. Er, I mean Illol Dividum In Anus. Er, I mean, well, you know which album I'm talking about.
29.12.2011 - 04:22
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl

I knew someone would bring that up eventually.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"