Metal Storm logo
Falling Leaves - New Album Details And More Guests Announced

Jordanian melodic doom/death metal band Falling Leaves have announced the doom metal icons Niclas Frohagen (Forest Of Shadows, Ningizzia, Genesis Of Pain, Subend), Pim Blankenstein (Officium Triste, Beyond Belief, The 11th Hour) and Nathalie Koskinen (Depressed Mode, Shape Of Despair, Before The Rain) as guests in the band's new album Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun.

The band previously announced the vocalists Paul August Kuhr (Novembers Doom), and Josep Brunet (Helevorn) and the violinists Olof Göthlin (Draconian, In Flames, Alla Fagra) and Pete Johansen (The Sins Of Thy Beloved, Tristania, Sirenia) as guests as well.

Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun was produced by the band, and engineered by the band's guitarist Alaa Swalha. The album was mixed and mastered by Dennis Israel, who has worked with some important bands such as Amon Amarth and Void Of Silence, at Clintworks Studio in Hamburg, Germany. All the music has been recorded at the band's own studio except the vocals, which were recorded at Volt Production Studios, located in Amman, Jordan. The artwork was designed by Heba Khaled. Two new teasers from the new album are available here and here.

Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun tracklist and cover art:

01. Reaching My Last Haven
02. Blight
03. Trapped Within
04. Silence Again (Silence Part II)
05. Vaniched Serenity
06. Memories Will Never Fade
07. The Everlasting Wounds
08. Dying Sun (Outro)

Source: jorzine.com
Band profile: Falling Leaves
Posted: 28.12.2011 by JD

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 44 users
28.12.2011 - 14:32
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
All those guests in one album...that doesn't leave much for the band's actual talent IMO. But still, Go Falling Leaves!!
28.12.2011 - 15:15
Draugen

Damn that's an impressive bunch of guest musicians!

I'm guessing the album will be either awesome or a clear case that too many cooks spoil the broth.
28.12.2011 - 20:42
Dark Blood
The Avenger
This should be interesting. From what I've heard of the demo, they have potential.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
28.12.2011 - 21:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
Guest musician =\= song-writer
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
28.12.2011 - 22:27
Ornusashas

Favorite album cover.
----
Need to make a living somehow... http://creamandpowder.com/
29.12.2011 - 14:32
JD
Account deleted
Written by Draugen on 28.12.2011 at 15:15

I'm guessing the album will be either awesome or a clear case that too many cooks spoil the broth.

+1
30.12.2011 - 21:35
InnerSelf
proofread free
New song
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 3178 | This month: 1